My Olde Ninjas

Here's a place for general discussion of MTG.
dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

My Olde Ninjas

Post by dracostrike » Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:49 am

Guys, I've just come across my old blue ninja deck and I was wondering what cards may be good to put into it. Any help? (I'm a newbie when it comes to MTG.)
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Wink;)
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: My Olde Ninjas

Post by Wink;) » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:14 am

Ninja deck? Well, there only seem to be 4 Blue Ninjas, so maybe move into Black so you can take advantage of their ninjas too?

After that, Ninjas all have the Ninjutsu keyword, so maybe you should add some low cost unblockable or evasive creatures so you can make sure you get the Ninjas out quickly. In addition to that, even once the Ninjas are out on the field, their abilities all revolve around dealing damage so some other cards to make your stuff unblockable could be nice too.
Artful Dodge can make your creatures unblockable twice, always good.
Creeping Tar Pit is both unblockable and can provide a little mana fixing if you go UB.
Dimir Infiltrator will be nice as an unblockable creature that you could always transmute to fetch a Ninja or whatever else you need at 3 cmc.
Distortion Strike could be interesting here, use the first use of it to get a Ninja out, and then on the rebound it both powers up the Ninja and makes him unblockable.
Crafty Pathmage for repeating unblockability.
Hunted Phantasm, perhaps, although the tokens could be trouble he is powerful and unblockable.
Invisible Stalker?
Neurok Invisomancer could be cool in here.
Tormented Soul?
Writ of Passage (pretty much just for the Forecast)

The "Good" Ninjas, at least imo would be
Higure
Ink-Eyes
Mistblade Shinobi
Ninja of the Deep Hours
Okiba-Gang Shinobi
Throat Slitter

And then after that I'd just go for the Blue and Black specialties: counters, killspells, and draw power.
If you want to use non-basic land, Dimir Aqueduct, Drowned Catacombs, Creeping Tar Pits are some good cheap options.

Opda11
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Opda11 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:35 am

O.O. Yay. MtG talk. Wink has covered most things. Use a nice amount of killspells and control. Mana leaks and other stuff. If you can get some snapcaster mages. I would love to see him in a ninja deck. You flash your entire grave back and they connot do one thing. Run Ponder/Preordain or brainstorm if you have any. Cantrips ad library manipulation are important. Also, you may want to use some evolving wilds/terramorphic expanse in order to shuffle after getting what you want and to fix your mana. I will add stuff if I think of it.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:40 am

Remember I am new to MTG so I do not know any of the terms but I've checked the cards and I will definetly try to get some of them.
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Opda11
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Opda11 » Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:45 am

Cantrips are cards that draw. Generally in blue and the best are usually one mana. If you take out Ancestral Recall, brainstorm is thought to be the best by far. Especially if they manipulate your library. Mana leak and spell pierce are good control. go for the throat or doom blade or dismember(kinda expensive) are good removal in black. You should either go unblockable route or removal route. Maybe a little bit of both. Best to go with removal. Depending on your playgroup I think dimember and go for the throat are good. If you want try to include some disruption best being inquisition of kosilek for early games. As a new player, it is best to tell you that although life is important like in yugioh, it isn't as important as card presence. Life really only matters a ton when you are at 5 or lower.