BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR!!!!!

Here's a place for general discussion of MTG.
Ej1997
Parallel Rare Duelist

BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR!!!!!

Post by Ej1997 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 4:54 pm

Ok so I know there aren't many Mtg players here but I wanted to ask the ones that are here if they're going or not and if they're excited for the new eldrazi.

Also new Drana is my new favorite card.
signature made by Stardust Dragon also known as Zanrith
YCG Takeover
Wallaceman105 wrote:You know, weddings can be extremely emotional experiences.
Sometimes, even the cake is in tiers.

apokos7
Super Rare Duelist

Re: BATTLE FOR ZENDIKAR!!!!!

Post by apokos7 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 5:58 pm

I've been wanting to start Magic for a while now. I read the rulebook, researched their site and so on. About a week ago I got to visit my older brother and we found his old Magic cards. They first came out in 2000 or so. He was a casual player (he doesn't play now) and had two decks (a white-blue and a green-red-black). We immediately started playing and I got hooked on the game.
My main question though is where to start. I visited a local store and the owner advised me to start with either Origins or Battle for Zendikar (which brings us to the topic). Do you guys suggest any of the above or something entirely new? Also are Intro Decks decent or should I jump straight to an Event Deck? For reference, I would not get a Starter Deck in Yugioh, I would get a Structure Deck though. Which brings us to the next question: Do I need to get multiples of a deck like you need in Yugioh to get more copies of the cards you need or not?

Ej1997
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Ej1997 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 6:58 am

If you have some inkling of how to play battle would be best. Also magic intro packs are semi decent but if you can pay the extra money event decks are better. If you wanted to build from scratch go to the prerelease its 6 packs for twenty and you get your own deck box and a foil promo. Also a life counter die is nice
signature made by Stardust Dragon also known as Zanrith
YCG Takeover
Wallaceman105 wrote:You know, weddings can be extremely emotional experiences.
Sometimes, even the cake is in tiers.

apokos7
Super Rare Duelist

Post by apokos7 » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:30 am

Thank you very much! I'll consider your suggestions!