monsters that can special summon themselves from grave

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
ninjaofthenight
Rare Duelist

monsters that can special summon themselves from grave

Postby ninjaofthenight » Mon May 10, 2010 11:47 am

So I was recently playing on DME and my opponent used a Red Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon on me, fulfilling the initial special summon requirements from his hand. I easily destroyed it during my next turn, but on his next turn he activated its effect from the grave, removing a dragon from his side of the field to special summon it from his graveyard. The effect reads:
You can remove from play 1 Dragon-Type monster you control to Special Summon this card. It mentions nothing about being special summoned from the graveyard, which was the point I brought up. And he was summoning this guy every turn too, until I removed it. Can summon please clarify? I would assume unless written in the text that it only applies from your hand. If that wasn't the case, people would be special summoning monsters from their graves all day.

Arrowblaze
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: monsters that can special summon themselves from grave

Postby Arrowblaze » Mon May 10, 2010 12:07 pm

Unless stated otherwise, normally Special Summoned is from the hand. It's SUPPOSED to be common knowledge but...

Anyway. He was cheating like some joker on a high. I suggest you throw the book at him next time, yea?

echohawk
YCG Data Hunter

Re: monsters that can special summon themselves from grave

Postby echohawk » Mon May 10, 2010 1:02 pm

Only REAL way to bring REDMD back like that is via CotH, Red-Eyes Wyvern, etc. They made Wyvern for a reason.

Return to “Rules of Dueling”