five headed dragon + future fusion

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
Waldo10032
Rare Duelist

five headed dragon + future fusion

Post by Waldo10032 » Sun May 08, 2011 11:03 am

Maybe I've been gone from the game too long, but THIS can't be right.

Can you play "Future Fusion", send 5 random dragons from your deck to the graveyard and summon Five Headed Dragon this way?!?!

If I were to judge this, I'd say that since FHD doesn't list fusion-material monsters in it's card, that he can't be summoned this way. I looked at the rulings for both FHD and Future Fusion but can't find anything directly referring to this scenario. Just a couple that you kinda, almost, COULD extrapolate from.

Please, someone, ANYONE, tell me this isn't as broken as it sounds!

Waldo10032 - The Fiendish Duelist
Level 2 Judge
Level 1 Tournament Organizer
" This is an 'A' and 'B' conversation so 'C' your way out before 'D' jumps over 'E' and 'F's you up like a 'G'!"

echohawk
YCG Data Hunter

Re: five headed dragon + future fusion

Post by echohawk » Sun May 08, 2011 11:09 am

Yes, you can.

And it's not that broken tbh Dragons aren't a bad deck, but Bottomless, D. Prison, Royal Oppression, Compuls Evac Device, etc, love big beaters that are special summoned long long time.

DraggyTheDragon222
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by DraggyTheDragon222 » Sun May 08, 2011 12:10 pm

Well the point of future fusion was always just to dump 5 dragons. Its a signature combo for dragon decks.

The Five headed dragon is just the master dragon waiting in the cave. If he gets out, then its a nice +1 5000 beater

If he gets bottomlessed/d prisoned, you just got rid of one of your opponent's defenses
Duelingnetwork Username: Ronar1
3DS FC: 3540 - 0163 - 8988
PM me and I'll add you!
Minecraft Channel and Stuff

Xeros Wrath
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Xeros Wrath » Sun May 08, 2011 1:18 pm

This combo is mainly to dump five dragons to get the REDMD engine going, FHD isn't nessisarly the objective, but nice if you get him out with out hitting BTH.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
Noble_55 wrote:Besides I don't get why Xeros had Solemn Warning at 2. BTH is WAY better
Flying Elephant wrote:DUELINGNETWORK!
Xero's IRL Deck Den: March 2012-September 2012

shadowdragon
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by shadowdragon » Tue May 10, 2011 10:38 pm

which is why i run royal decree with 5hd and future fusion. also if you send all 3 white stones you end up with an easy poly set for beud and then let your opponent figure out how many bth or other things hes got to set out to save his lp.