Wordds are confusiing at times

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Wordds are confusiing at times

Post by JhonnyCees » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:11 pm

ImageImage

If you have a token on the field already, say from dandylion, can you activate this card's effect? Is a token different from a monster? Does a token count
as a card for Gorz?

Is sending a monster to the grave the same thing as destroy? If I have Codarus and target Gachi Gachi Gantetsu with xyz materials attached, it get sent to the graveyard, or can its effect be activated? On DN a guy told me that the new cards just dont say destroy, only send to the graveyard, but it is the same thing.

Also, in general how do conflicting effects work? For example, if I have Macro Cosmos on the field and my opponent activates Imperial Iron Wall, what happens???
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

pyropiks
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Wordds are confusiing at times

Post by pyropiks » Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:46 pm

JhonnyCees wrote: if I have Macro Cosmos on the field and my opponent activates Imperial Iron Wall, what happens???
ok, if every card would be removed but cards cannot be removed, then macrocosmos is just there occupying a spell/trap space and being useless..

on the token thing, i believe you cant activate apple while having a token (not sure)
....."力"..."暗".....

Crow
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Crow » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:25 am

Sending to the graveyard is different from destroying. If something destroys a card, it will plainly state that it is destroying.

As for the token things, tokens do count as monsters, though I'm not sure if they would count as cards for gorz.

bighobbit
Secret Rare Duelist
Location: The land of the ice and snow with the midnight sun, where the hot springs flow

Post by bighobbit » Fri Nov 11, 2011 6:34 am

Wikia wrote:Token Monsters are fundamentally treated as Normal Monster Cards in every respect.
Ie, they still count as being "cards".

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Nov 11, 2011 10:50 am

Thank you for clearing up the token issue
pyropiks wrote:
JhonnyCees wrote: if I have Macro Cosmos on the field and my opponent activates Imperial Iron Wall, what happens???
ok, if every card would be removed but cards cannot be removed, then macrocosmos is just there occupying a spell/trap space and being useless..
Alright so then what if i had impeial iron wall and my opponent activates Macro Cosmos? Is the rule that whatever card is activated lastest dominates the other contraditory card?
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

Magicknight94
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Magicknight94 » Fri Nov 11, 2011 5:39 pm

No, Macro Cosmos has no contrary with Imperial Iron Wall. Wall will prevents Macro from apply its effect, that all.