Veiler vs Rabbit

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Veiler vs Rabbit

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:02 am

Does Veiler work on Rabbit?

I was told it doesn't because when Rabbit uses its effect it doesn't apply any more. Can somebody enlighten me?
X X

Wink;)
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Veiler vs Rabbit

Post by Wink;) » Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:16 am

A monster that's been veilered can still activate it's effect, and then when Rabbit resolves, it is banished where Veiler doesn't affect it. Same goes for any monster that tributes itself (Stardust etc)

DraggyTheDragon222
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by DraggyTheDragon222 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:24 am

Actually, I believe it has to do with priority. Since in TCG, your opponent must wait for you to use rabbit's effect before chaining veiler, rabbit is removed as a cost so the opponent can't chain veiler because rabbit isn't there to target anymore.

I think if you veiler something it will be negated even after it is removed from the field like exiled force. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 953AA6BGEp

Although I may be wrong so verification would be nice.

So if you call priority, veiler can't be dropped. If you don't and veiler hits, rabbit's effect will be negated until end phase even if he activates it in the banished zone.
Duelingnetwork Username: Ronar1
3DS FC: 3540 - 0163 - 8988
PM me and I'll add you!
Minecraft Channel and Stuff

Magicknight94
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Magicknight94 » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:49 pm

DraggyTheDragon222 wrote:Actually, I believe it has to do with priority. Since in TCG, your opponent must wait for you to use rabbit's effect before chaining veiler, rabbit is removed as a cost so the opponent can't chain veiler because rabbit isn't there to target anymore.

I think if you veiler something it will be negated even after it is removed from the field like exiled force. http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index ... 953AA6BGEp

Although I may be wrong so verification would be nice.

So if you call priority, veiler can't be dropped. If you don't and veiler hits, rabbit's effect will be negated until end phase even if he activates it in the banished zone.
It activates its eff on the field,

Candles
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Candles » Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:30 pm

Rescue Rabbit's effect activates on the field which leaves it prone to Effect Veiler.

If you call priority, you activate the effect of Rescue Rabbit which causes it to banish itself, and the rest of the effect does not resolve on the field, leaving the opponent's Effect Veiler useless.

This is why Rabbit Raggia is not as dominant in the OCG as it is here.

The same rule that applies here, also applies to any card that's effect does not resolve on the field (i.e Cards that tribute themselves or banish themselves for the cost of the effect).

Flying Elephant
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Flying Elephant » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:07 pm

Candles, effects resolve where they're activated, hence the reason you can't resolve a Lonefire that's been summoned by a Debris Dragon's effect.

The reason Rabbit dodges Veiler is because Banishing him is a cost. That means if the player calls ignition priority, there's nothing to use the Veiler on since Rabbit has been removed as a cost. You can't target a card that's not there.
Thanks to Kamikon Wolf for the sig.

Gone but never forgotten

RIP

Join the Battle Pack Tournament here!