Macro Cosmos vs. lightsworn

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
Asianwariorking
Rare Duelist

Macro Cosmos vs. lightsworn

Post by Asianwariorking » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey guys just looking for a little clarification on the use of this card and it's power in regards to a lightsworn deck.

I play macro cosmos, against my opponent who is using a lightsworn deck. how does this resolve for the lightsworn effects of discarding/milling?

I have read that effects that require a discard cost cannot be activated while macro cosmos is in play. (ie: honest) but does that effect hold true to spell/trap cards as well?

also, how does the maintenance cost get resolved if macro cosmos is on the field? do the cards get banished, or does the card no longer have a maintenance cost, or does the card with the maintenance cost get banished?

Magicknight94
Ultra Rare Duelist

Re: Macro Cosmos vs. lightsworn

Post by Magicknight94 » Tue Apr 07, 2015 6:26 pm

If an effect has cost that sends cards to grave, it cannot be activated.

I don't think there are any Lightsworn with maintenance cost.

#SparksForGame
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by #SparksForGame » Tue Apr 07, 2015 9:38 pm

Lightsworms don't have maintenance costs, unlike the original Archfiend monsters which had maintenance costs. If Macro Cosmos or Dimensional Fissure is face-up: Lightsworms can't mill; Macro Cosmos is an instant block, while it's unknown what you'll be milling under Dimensional Fissure so it'll be a block under the unknown milling conditions.

tl;dr: you can't send cards to the graveyard if Macro Cosmos is face-up on the field.
Maybe its time to get a signature picture of sorts >.> Max-rarity Yosenju's will be a thing!
My tradelist, marvel at how organized it is! http://tinyurl.com/omgklke
(No, I'm not conducting mail-trades on the forum, before you ask; only showing off!)

Asianwariorking
Rare Duelist

Post by Asianwariorking » Tue Apr 07, 2015 11:03 pm

So for instance Aurkus, Lightsworn Druid. His effects read: "Neither player can target "Lightsworn" monsters (anywhere) with card effects. During each of your End Phases: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard.

So for this card, the effect would not activate?
A handful of the lightsworn monsters have effects, plus this additional text of sending cards to the graveyard during their end phase.

With the end phase discards, are these only when the effect is activated, or during every end phase?

Also, for cards like soul recharge, these would not be able to be activated due to their cost of a discard correct?

Magicknight94
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Magicknight94 » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:21 am

"Neither player can target "Lightsworn" monsters (anywhere) with card effects." is a Continuous Effect.

"During each of your End Phases: Send the top 2 cards of your Deck to the Graveyard." is a Trigger Effect.

There is no cost here.

Solar Recharge's cost is to discard, not to send to grave. Discarded cards will be banished insteads.

mizu
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by mizu » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:28 am

Only cards that are required to send a card to the graveyard as cost cannot activate their effects if macro is active.

For lightsworn the only cards that cannot activate effects when macro is active are charge of the light brigade andceleste the lightsworn angel

Asianwariorking
Rare Duelist

Post by Asianwariorking » Tue Apr 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Ok. thanks guys!