Spell Vanishing. The ultimate Pendulum Killer

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Spell Vanishing. The ultimate Pendulum Killer

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Saw the post on Zodiac and for those who aren't aware of this ruling or are on Zodiac here it is.

http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Card_Rulin ... _Vanishing

If "Spell Vanishing" is chained to the activation of "Timegazer Magician" as a Spell Card, then the activation of "Timegazer Magician" is negated and destroyed. (In that case, since "Timegazer Magician" is not treated as a card on the field it is sent to the Graveyard.) Also, since "Also, check your opponent's hand and Deck and if you find any Spell Cards with the same name as the destroyed Spell Card, send all of them to the Graveyard." is applied, all copies of "Timegazer Magician" in your opponent's hand and Deck are sent to the Graveyard. Furthermore, copies of "Timegazer Magician" in your Extra Deck are not sent to the Graveyard.[1]

So it's come to my attention that Konami judges don't read cards. Now I can see the reasoning behind this.

It's a Pendulum Monster/Spell.
It can be both.

However seeing as the card specifically states "Spell cards" and Pendulums count as monster and spell(In PZ only) I believe they are wrong, however I can see it being the right ruling but that's for OCG to decide. What do you guys think? Needs an errata? Needs to change into a TCG ruling of the opposite? Or is it fine and won't matter outside of Counter Pendulum Fairies?
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Spell Vanishing. The ultimate Pendulum Killer

Post by dracostrike » Wed Nov 18, 2015 3:52 pm

This card actually helps Counter Fairies if you hit the Absolver, since they would get 3 searches :/
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:44 pm

I thought pendulum cards were monsters in the deck?

This card is still trash either way.
X X

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:34 am

The ruling was made March 2014, just after Pendulum Summoning came into existence, so Konami were still getting their Poop together. This ruling makes no sense, but I guess it is official, so whatever. The card still is only good with aridnae, and there are better cards to use.

EDIT: Okay, figured out why it says this. The Japanese text does not specify the card in deck need to be spells, just need the same name. The text is different in the TCG, so pretty much ask local head judge etc.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 2:39 am

xion52998 wrote:The ruling was made March 2014, just after Pendulum Summoning came into existence, so Konami were still getting their Poop together. This ruling makes no sense, but I guess it is official, so whatever. The card still is only good with aridnae, and there are better cards to use.

EDIT: Okay, figured out why it says this. The Japanese text does not specify the card in deck need to be spells, just need the same name. The text is different in the TCG, so pretty much ask local head judge etc.
I was curious if that were the case since its an OCG ruling and our TCG text states spell. So it'll need an errata for sure.

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:26 am

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
xion52998 wrote:The ruling was made March 2014, just after Pendulum Summoning came into existence, so Konami were still getting their Poop together. This ruling makes no sense, but I guess it is official, so whatever. The card still is only good with aridnae, and there are better cards to use.

I was curious if that were the case since its an OCG ruling and our TCG text states spell. So it'll need an errata for sure.
If they give it an errata, I hope they'll give it 2 and allow extra deck pendulums to get hit as well. Also, is the title sarcastic, or is 2 cards a genuinely fair cost for this? I'm not sure on either.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:19 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:

If they give it an errata, I hope they'll give it 2 and allow extra deck pendulums to get hit as well. Also, is the title sarcastic, or is 2 cards a genuinely fair cost for this? I'm not sure on either.
No the title is fine. It kills pendulums from the main deck. Essentially stopping X plays from happening.
They set Odd-Eyes
Play this while you control the counter fairy scale
All copies of Odd-Eyes go to the graveyard.

Granted this card most likely won't see any play in the deck becauase there are better cards like Magic Jammer.