Multiple ABC equips

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Multiple ABC equips

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:54 am

Say I have a Cyber Dragon Infinity equip with a A-Assault Core and a B-Buster Drake. If my opponent attacks over my Infinity, do both of the equips trigger and destroy themselves? Or is it just one?
X X

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Multiple ABC equips

Post by xion52998 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 9:55 am

Both are destroyed at the same time.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

einstein
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by einstein » Tue Sep 06, 2016 2:57 pm

As per the reminder text on older Union Monsters, "A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time." Note that the new ones do not have this reminder text, but since, to my knowledge, the ruling hasn't been changed recently, this still applies.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

The more you observe, the less you assume.

Reading is fundamental.

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Wed Sep 07, 2016 1:26 am

einstein wrote:As per the reminder text on older Union Monsters, "A monster can only be equipped with 1 Union monster at a time." Note that the new ones do not have this reminder text, but since, to my knowledge, the ruling hasn't been changed recently, this still applies.
This is incorrect. According to http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/ ... rd=&tag=-1, an A-Assault Core can be equipped with two C-Crush Wyvern. However, according to http://www.db.yugioh-card.com/yugiohdb/ ... rd=&tag=-1, the union monster must not specify that a monster can only be equipped with one union.

So for example, a monster can be equipped with a Torque Tune Gear and a C-Crush Wyvern. If a Cyber Dragon is already equipped with Armored Cybern, A-Assault Core can be equipped. A Cyber Dragon already equippped with Torque Tune Gear cannot be equipped with Armored Cybern, however.

That being said, this is only OCG land, so who knows how TCG will handle it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Sep 07, 2016 2:42 am

Figured it was the case. I guess it's fair.

Thanks guys :)
X X