flip face down effect, bad aim and Call of the haunted

Here's a place to ask about the rules of the game.
knyteii
Rare Duelist

flip face down effect, bad aim and Call of the haunted

Post by knyteii » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:34 pm

If my opponent summons Jowgen, can I use Princess Tarotrei or Book of the Moon to turn him face down before his owner discards a card to use his effect? And, if my opponent activates a ritual magic card, can I use Bad Aim to destroy the ritual monster summoned by that effect? Plus, if I used Call of the Haunted to bring a monster out of the graveyard, then equipped that monster with Dimension Guardian, would the effect of Call of the Haunted being removed from the field destroy that monster?

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: flip face down effect, bad aim and Call of the haunted

Post by xion52998 » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:27 pm

1. Yes, Jowgen's effect is an ignition effect so it can only be activated on an open game state. The player with Book of Moon, etc. can activate their effect in response to the summon of Jowgen, while the game state is closed.

2. No, chains resolve backwards so Bad Aim would destroy a face up card, then the Ritual monster would be summoned.

3. No, Call of the Haunted explicitly destroys the monster it summons when it is removed from the field, while Dimension Guardian explicitly protects against destruction.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:40 pm

Thank you very much! I was right on two of them and semi-right on the third. I asked so that I could be sure I was using the cards correctly.

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Sat Feb 04, 2017 12:18 am

knyteii wrote:Thank you very much! I was right on two of them and semi-right on the third. I asked so that I could be sure I was using the cards correctly.
That's what the subforum is for, ask away if you have any other issues.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.