Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Here's a place to talk about the Pokémon video games.
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Pokemon Omega Ruby and Pokemon Alpha Sapphire

Post by Zanrith » Sat Nov 22, 2014 2:55 pm

Friend bought an extra copy of AS and gave it to me, of all people. Not sure what to do, considering I don't even have a 3Ds.
insert clever signature here

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Sat Nov 22, 2014 4:28 pm

dracostrike wrote:I am getting alpha.
Oh thank god...
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

-thePTguy
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by -thePTguy » Sat Nov 22, 2014 7:45 pm

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Why is this so good. Why.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
Flu wrote:Only real men use fairies.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:22 am

-thePTguy wrote:[spoiler][/spoiler]

Why is this so good. Why.
WOW I love this!
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:21 pm

Does anyone else...[spoiler]...dislike the changes made to Mauville?[/spoiler]

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Sun Nov 23, 2014 2:51 pm

Kamikon Wolf wrote:Does anyone else...[spoiler]...dislike the changes made to Mauville?[/spoiler]
Hmm I actually like these changes ^^ It's something to discover and explore :D

I know we cannot have the game corner back but this makes up for it ;)

Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:12 pm

Screw the spoiler tags. This is just my opinion about Mauville. If reading this before having the game ruins it for you I am sorry.

Mauville is now a mini-Unova with some Kalos sprinkles bundled in a lifeless box. It doesn't feel like it belongs with the rest of Hoenn, which is very rich and in touch with the nature around it. And seeing how the little daycare cottage is crowded up to the behemoth single city-building is almost sad. This must be how Japanese people feel about westernization. However, the "sub sandwich chain" from "Unova" (aka Subway from 'Merica) is amusing. And so is riding bikes indoors.

Speaking of the daycare, the path for egg hatching in that area is dead because of no seamless transition into Mauville's borders. Even if you don't care about the brief loading blackouts, you get stopped by the statue in the middle of the square. Originally you could go from Verdanturf all the way to the shore of the river without stop. AND there's a girl that wanders into the small stretch that is left of the path. I really hope the second daycare on the Battle Resort has a longer and more useful path to bike over. :|

I just realized: there's two daycares. You could breed two different pairs at the same time. That's actually cool.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:15 am

Bingo ^^ You see why I am planning on transferring my breeding station to this game :D Double the batch chance of getting IVs etc ;)

Also my friend is playing on using the Lv40 Glalie from the start.....It fainted due to falling alseep twice and failing to make a move 13 times XD

Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Master Lightflare » Mon Nov 24, 2014 4:43 am

OMG this game reminds me so much of the original. I have just beaten the third gym (please don't laugh at me, I haven't been able to play for long) and am loving all the new additions and how the storyline is almost the same as the original Ruby. The one complaint I have is how some of the gyms feel pointless and have nothing to do with the storyline. Other than that, a pretty solid game.

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:08 pm

Kamikon Wolf wrote:Does anyone else...[spoiler]...dislike the changes made to Mauville?[/spoiler]
I got there last night...

Umm.

I really hate it. Why do they always have to have a really confusing 'capital' of the game? They added that stupid circle one in Unova, Lumiose was pretty damn confusing as well, but now this? Eh.

- To many HMs
- To much water
- Mauville sucks
X X

Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:07 pm

#TooMuchWater is cancelled by MOTHERBUCKING SHARPEDO. Everyone should have a Sharpedo for their seafaring because of that double speed surf. I am using a Milotic for the team, but for water navigation Sharpedo has me covered.

I'm moving my horde of utility Pokemon to Hoenn pretty much permanently when I get through the questing and can get back to breeding and training. In retrospect, this game isn't really missing any features from X and Y. I will miss trainer customization a little, but we all went many years without it. Other than that one thing, ORAS is a direct upgrade.

However, I was just starting to get into PokeRadar chaining and fishing chaining prior to this coming out. I'm hoping we can confirm the DexNav has a similar "chain" effect that makes shiny hunting easier. I'm sure fishing chaining has to still be in this game.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Nov 24, 2014 11:34 pm

Kamikon Wolf wrote:#TooMuchWater is cancelled by MOTHERBUCKING SHARPEDO. Everyone should have a Sharpedo for their seafaring because of that double speed surf. I am using a Milotic for the team, but for water navigation Sharpedo has me covered.

I'm moving my horde of utility Pokemon to Hoenn pretty much permanently when I get through the questing and can get back to breeding and training. In retrospect, this game isn't really missing any features from X and Y. I will miss trainer customization a little, but we all went many years without it. Other than that one thing, ORAS is a direct upgrade.

However, I was just starting to get into PokeRadar chaining and fishing chaining prior to this coming out. I'm hoping we can confirm the DexNav has a similar "chain" effect that makes shiny hunting easier. I'm sure fishing chaining has to still be in this game.
Can't wait for Sharpedo.

I have been catching everything possible in each area as I go and using all the cool stuff, so Sharpedo is definitely going to be leveling up a bit :)
X X

Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:28 pm

PROTIP

Do NOT use Master Ball on Kyogre / Groudon. Or even Rayquaza. inb4 "but I save my Master Ball for runners anyway". There are no running legends to worry about as far as I can tell. But you do have every reason to save the Master Ball for Deoxys. If you want to know why, read my war story from this morning. Else, wait till you get there and see for yourself.
Spoiler:
I was very lucky that I thought to save right before you interact with and catch Rayquaza. I was going to soft reset for a specific nature, but that's actually the last moment in the Delta Episode you get to save your game. Rayquaza is designed to be an easy catch for plot. I couldn't just catch it right away, but with paralyze and health in the red, I could consistently get it with a premier ball, many times it was a critical catch. After catching Rayquaza, you have a battle using your new mega evolving Rayquaza, and then you have to watch a minute or so long cutscene. Then Deoxys happens.

I did this many times because I had to do this part over and over and over again for Deoxys. It has Recover and Cosmic Power, which makes it very difficult to whittle it down. It runs out of attacking moves fast (Hyper Beam and Psycho Boost don't have much PP). So it stalls you out till it struggles itself to death. Either that would happen or I just happen to crit it at the worst time.

I ended up going to my bank and pulling out a Prankster Klefki just to get a jump on it with Thunder Wave and Heal Block. I didn't count how many times it took to catch Deoxys, but it was way more than I cared to do, especially for having to go through catching Rayquaza and several cutscenes before you get to the actual fight. And I end up with a pretty lousy Timid Rayquaza as my reward.
Just a fair warning for others. Do feel free to be lazy like me and just use that Master Ball to nab that sexy Kyogre.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:32 pm

*Brings out the Luxury Ball*

Right, it's time for some legendaries!

Also I believe the Dusk Ball works well in outer space ^^

Kamikon Wolf
Guild Master of Sigs

Post by Kamikon Wolf » Thu Nov 27, 2014 12:35 pm

That would make sense, but I'd run out of my dusk balls and not catch the darn thing. Ultimately was a generic ultra ball legend catch.