Critical Hit Discussion

Here's a place to talk about the Pokémon video games.

Should GF limit the amount of crits per battle?

Yes 1-2 crits per battle
25%
No it's fine the way it is
75%

Total votes: 4

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Critical Hit Discussion

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Sat Apr 04, 2015 5:41 am

Now a lot of players argue and discuss this and I'll admit even I find it a tad bit rediculous at the amount of crits you can either give or recieve during battle. For me I am a huge fan of 6v6 singles or VGC battles. But the more I battle on BS(Battle Spot) the more I tend to see the crit problem occuring. Now I will admit it now yes I do find losing to crits annoying as heck and hate losing to crits. I fear more from a Stab crit than getting para-haxed or flinch-haxed because I've seen nothing but crits from both sides of battles. I have won battles due to crit haxes and lost battles due to crit haxes.
I try and be more of a fair guy and if I win by a crit(let's say we are in our last mon and I win due to a crit) then that's fine but the past 30 battles on BS Singles I've noticed I've been winning and losing due to 3+ crits during every battle and I am starting to think that's all there is to it. Crits shouldn't happen more than 1-2 times duing a game unless the influence of an item, ability, or move(such as Focus Energy) occurs but that is my opinion and it's been an opinion of mine for quite sometime. So let me know what you guys think.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Critical Hit Discussion

Post by dracostrike » Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:56 am

It's one of the few ways the game has luck determine a way to affect a battle since most damage ranges are close to negligible. Accuracy plus crits make it possible for any player to win too, as opposed to better pokemon or skill. The Holy Trinity in most games: Luck, Skill and Resources.
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Phoenix King
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Phoenix King » Sat Apr 04, 2015 7:57 pm

So, if you limit them, do you choose when you get them?
Deathbat Signature by DarkFireblaze3636
Galactic Conquest - A Story by Phoenix King
Galactic Desolation: A Guide to Photon and Galaxy's
Bakugan Battle Mania! - Witness the battle!
The only one...

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Sun Apr 05, 2015 1:52 am

No it would have the same mechanic as before where it is infact random but it limits the amounts of crits because again 3+ Crits is not "luck" it's (insert word here because the only word I'm thinking is Moronic and that's the wrong term for this). I don't mind crits but again when you either win or lose due to 3+ crits in 4-5 turns without any hax increasing items it tends to make the game less skillful and more luck based. Luck is fine. I have no problem with it but when luck becomes so common it happens all the time it makes me shake my head. Losing to hax is fine. Hax is luck in numbers but crit was based off of speed and I don't think it is anymore.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*