Wanna know what I've been doing recently?

Here's a place to talk about the Pokémon video games.
Lithium
Parallel Rare Duelist
Location: In my field of paper flowers and candy clouds of lullaby

Wanna know what I've been doing recently?

Post by Lithium » Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:12 am

Mainly the gist of life right now, been working on this gbc rom project for a while, I've already made a first ips patch that I released yesterday.
Unfortunately I can't share it here since it'd be against the rules, and I don't want a ban hammer. (Please don't hit me!) Dx
Mystic can also feel free to take this down if need be and tell me why via PM.

Anyways, if you're interested in what I'm doing, there are a few of my good peeps here that know me on FB. Such as Rowwdy and Zanrith. If you know them on FB, just ask them to direct you to me via PM message on FB, and I can help with the rest. :)

Oh, also, people that did know me on FB need to know I have a new FB account. Lost my old one due to being in a coma between Dec. 16th 2015 - January 8th or 9th of 2016, then during that time, I lost internet due to unpaid bills. By the time I got it back, my old email was lost and I could not get my original FB back.

Btw, when and/or if you know my irl name, please don't mention it on the forums that way my privacy is kept on the interwebs. Thx :mrgreen:
Amy Lee wrote:"Don't be afraid of the shadows, it only means there's a light nearby."

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Wanna know what I've been doing recently?

Post by dracostrike » Wed Jul 06, 2016 2:41 am

Sounds pretty good ^^
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

Lithium
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Lithium » Wed Jul 06, 2016 3:44 am

dracostrike wrote:Sounds pretty good ^^
Thx Drac, I should have more screenshots soon to show off of the game. I'm not even sure if that's the title of it I want to keep yet. The "EX" is originally a pun off the card game :lol:

I can talk about the new features in it though^^

-Better and more difficult level curve, since the originals were way to easy, but were made for beginner's. But anyways, no more hacked Dragonites :roll:

-Every Trainer has had a difficulty upgrade of some extent between levels and movesets, some people such as Silver has even had their pokemon changed. Elite Four and Champion are improved, plus after obtaining 16 badges you'll be able to battle a better Johto League like in HG/SS.

-Wild Pokémon have been changed around slightly, plus version, time capsule, and event legendaries have been added as catchable. Not to mention you can complete the whole 251 Pokedex.

-New places will be added to explore, nothing like a added region, but just new hotspots that you can either catch pokemon that you can't catch anywhere else such as starters. Or even the Legendaries in places such as the Cerulean Cave I plan to implement with Mewtwo.

-Easter Eggs are placed here and there, one I'll happen to mention is in the Ruins of Alph (Need Surf to get to the core of the Ruins through Union Cave and then search the grass for the bonuses). My favorite that I had a friend help me with was the Celebi GS Ball Event in Ilex Forest. which you receive the item needed from Bill in Ecruteak.

-I'm working on updated Trainer Sprites and inserting Silver exclusive sprites into Gold. They're not available in the first patch will be around the second. These are a few I've done so far, although I won't do the Psychic boy as he's just a revision rather a devamped sprite. Btw, anybody can use these if they want.

There are a few other things I plan to add to the game as a whole. But I'm just taking small baby steps at a time :p
Amy Lee wrote:"Don't be afraid of the shadows, it only means there's a light nearby."

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:50 am

Only ever played Pokemon Brown as a rom, was pretty hype, how long do you think you'll spend making it?
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:52 am

Are you on the YCG FB page? Cus I would love to have a go on this ^^

Lithium
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Lithium » Thu Jul 07, 2016 10:45 am

dracostrike wrote:Are you on the YCG FB page? Cus I would love to have a go on this ^^
Unfortunately not, I just sent a FR to you today :p
I'm sure someone will add me
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Only ever played Pokemon Brown as a rom, was pretty hype, how long do you think you'll spend making it?
Yisb, you really need to play Red++, its incredible.

But as far as my hack goes, it'll be until either I finish it or lose interest. But I promise I won't lose interest anytime soon, this project is something I've been wanting to do and have been for over a year, but for the longest time, I was in quicksand and needed help, which I didn't receive til recently. Without his help, I would've never finished the first patch release.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:55 pm

Added you to the group and accepted ^^