Is it me............

If you love anime, chances are you have a fond appreciation for manga too, after-all, most anime is born out of these great stories.
Muki
Parallel Rare Duelist

Is it me............

Post by Muki » Mon Oct 20, 2008 6:01 pm

Or does Pein own everyone? (This is a Naruto topic)

I mean honestly, he's walking through Konoha with no problem. And he proved my point about Kakashi. Hopefully some people will understand now........

So everyone, let's discuss the Naruto manga!!!

Tarkess
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Is it me............

Post by Tarkess » Tue Oct 21, 2008 1:40 pm

Muki wrote:Or does Pein own everyone? (This is a Naruto topic)

I mean honestly, he's walking through Konoha with no problem. And he proved my point about Kakashi. Hopefully some people will understand now........

Your point about Kakashi?

Dante_Solablood
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dante_Solablood » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:20 pm

Narutos good, but MASSIVELY overhyped. There is so much better out there that people are missing as they're fixated on such an old fashioned manga. Sigh...

Loki
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Loki » Tue Oct 21, 2008 4:54 pm

Dante_Solablood wrote:Narutos good, but MASSIVELY overhyped. There is so much better out there that people are missing as they're fixated on such an old fashioned manga. Sigh...
i agree... and in my oppinion Naruto reminds me of DBZ where they go "I can't get more powerful." but a new villan shows up and they randomly gain more power....

Dante_Solablood
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dante_Solablood » Tue Oct 21, 2008 5:05 pm

Loki wrote:
Dante_Solablood wrote:Narutos good, but MASSIVELY overhyped. There is so much better out there that people are missing as they're fixated on such an old fashioned manga. Sigh...
i agree... and in my oppinion Naruto reminds me of DBZ where they go "I can't get more powerful." but a new villan shows up and they randomly gain more power....
Basically this is the plot.

- Stupid young hero with huge amount of positivity finds friends and becomes more powerful. We find they have dark secret and along the way they make their enemies into friends. Every few chapters they meet a new 'big boss' who they then fight, ALMOST get defeated by but then defeat & get more powefull.

For reference please see Shaman King, One Piece, Dragon Ball/Z and a whole host of anime. Naruto has a particular charm - but it's mostly where it is because it involves Ninjas. Thats the big difference between it and the others mentioned.

Muki
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Muki » Tue Oct 21, 2008 8:10 pm

Tarkess wrote:

Overrated ninja...............

Tarkess
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Tarkess » Wed Oct 22, 2008 8:02 am

Muki wrote:
Tarkess wrote:

You said the same about Jiraya, and it's not really true. It's just that Pein is MASSIVELY strong.

Muki
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Muki » Wed Oct 22, 2008 11:44 am

Tarkess wrote:
Muki wrote:
Tarkess wrote:

You said the same about Jiraya, and it's not really true. It's just that Pein is MASSIVELY strong.
They're both overrated. Maybe I would have sympathy for a manga character if the other characters in the manga didn't hype them up so much. :D :D

Dante_Solablood
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dante_Solablood » Wed Oct 22, 2008 12:12 pm

Muki wrote:
Tarkess wrote:
Muki wrote: Overrated ninja...............

They're both overrated. Maybe I would have sympathy for a manga character if the other characters in the manga didn't hype them up so much. :D :D
The whole SHOW is overrated, therefore every single piffling ninja inside it is overrated.