End of 5Ds?

Here's the number one spot to ask questions or comment on the television series.
HyperonicX
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: End of 5Ds?

Post by HyperonicX » Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:08 pm

Imho, I don't like watching subbed anime. I've tried it with DBZ back in the day when I liked it, but it wasn't really for me. (I still like it, but I don't watch it anymore.)

I know 4Kids edited 5D's, like the usually do with all their other shows, but tbqh, I don't really care anymore. I prefer watching anime, including Yugioh in English, even if it is censored.

*pulls out a flame shield, and equips Varia and Gravity suit modifications to myself*
Living on the streets, you gotta be tuff. That's why they call us STREET TUFFS!

My decks:
Blackwings
Aliens
Karkakuri

dark door
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by dark door » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:11 pm

Yea me too but their is something about the orginals that are refreshing expesially if you already watched the english version
Thanks Darkfireblaze 3636 and Mystic Jhn
Yugioh Zeal
Stories, Poetry, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

HyperonicX
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by HyperonicX » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:12 pm

That's a good point.

My decks:
Blackwings
Aliens
Karkakuri

Wysten
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Wysten » Wed Dec 21, 2011 7:39 am

Probably just as well really, I found much of the second arc extremely boring with equal measures stupid, with more bickering and meaningless plot devices and plot holes (ZOMG Black Feather Dragon was there all the long, as was powertool lol.) aside from the World Championship itself. Not to mention since the dragons have been introduced, the actual duels turned out largely the same. E.g. nothing really happens until a dragon comes along, he wins derp.

HyperonicX
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by HyperonicX » Wed Dec 21, 2011 4:16 pm

I actually found one duel in the original to be boring as hell. The Yugi/Yami vs Kaiba duel in season 3 in the Battle City Tourney on top of that really huge tower? Yeah, I HATE that duel! It got so boring! I was like "Hurry up and finish this duel, dammit!" but it lasted for 3+ episodes! (or at least it came off that way to me!)

My decks:
Blackwings
Aliens
Karkakuri

dark door
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by dark door » Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:17 pm

One of my favorites showing silfer=obelisk
Thanks Darkfireblaze 3636 and Mystic Jhn
Yugioh Zeal
Stories, Poetry, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

darkria13
Super Rare Duelist

Post by darkria13 » Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:36 pm

if u are refering to hhow they never truly finished 5ds i kinda skimmed thru it i wished they did i want to see shooting quasar dragon in english dubbed not subbed

zenas19
Common Duelist

Post by zenas19 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:01 am

I know this thread hasn't had a post in 2 years, but just wanted to say something. 4kids ended 5ds before the Ark Cradle arc partly cause of the lawsuit thing, and partly because if they had aired it, it wouldn't have been censored so much as butchered to the point of making no sense. Prime example being Jack Atlas, Leo, and Luna going up against an opponent who attaches a device to each of them that will stab them in the heart and kill them if they lose. *spoiler alert* That becomes important to Leo becoming a way more important character than anyone ever thought he'd be. They have mechanical devices attached to their chests that will pierce their hearts with needles and kill them if their life points reach 0. Pretty impossible for 4kids to turn that into getting sent to the shadow realm, or getting sent to the stars, or whatever kid-friendly demise they might've come up with.

Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by Zanrith » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:29 am

That's 4Kids for you.
insert clever signature here

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Feb 03, 2014 9:32 am

Stardust Dragon wrote:That's 4Kids for you.
yup^^
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M