Yugioh 5 Arc Zexal-Ds!!!!

Here's the number one spot to ask questions or comment on the television series.
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Yugioh 5 Arc Zexal-Ds!!!!

Post by JhonnyCees » Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:56 pm

So.

I have no idea what in the world has happened with yugioh after the first year of Yugioh Gx. I watched the better part of the original yugioh series, specifically battle city and a little bit of duelist kingdom. Also watched the first few months of Gx and then stopped. This was back 10 years ago when it was actually on TV for the first time.

So rather large undertaking,

anyone want to give me a run down of what has happened/main plot line of yugioh? Like any of the series. Or all of them.

Also if you could point out their cards (ie yugi, who had a deck revolving around dark magician, battled Yusei, who used junk synchron and stardust dragon, etc....)

:sContinuous:
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Yugioh 5 Arc Zexal-Ds!!!!

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Wed Feb 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Basically they played card games on bikes, in schools and then in virtual supa 3D arenas in that order.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Wed Feb 24, 2016 10:29 pm

thats only 3, your missing one (zexal, arc v, 5ds, gx) I know gx was school, 5ds was bikes. thats it

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:05 am

Sadly, there's no actually continuity between the series other than they appear to keep going further into the future each time.
I didn't really watch any of the shows myself, but can give you the basic rundown.

The original Yu-Gi-Oh you know it seems, so I can skip that.

Yu-Gi-Oh GX - 10 years after the original series, Kaiba (unseen except for about 2 or 3 episodes I think) builds an entire school on a remote island centered around Duel Monsters. Yes, it's as dumb as it sounds. The school has 3 dorms for students based upon their ranking. Slipher Red, Ra Yellow, and Obelisk Blue. This being Kaiba's school, Obelisk is the top house and Slipher being the lowest ranked students, "Slipher Slackers". Our protagonist, Jaden Yuki, is one such low ranked character despite having your main character good luck of always winning. His main cards through the series is the "Elemental HERO" archetype, and eventually centers around "Elemental HERO Neos". He does expands with "Neo-Spacians" (related to Neos) and some dark Fiend-type "Evil HEROs" later when his own inner spirit (Yubel, same one as the real world card) makes him temporarily evil.

Yu-Gi-Oh 5Ds - A long time post GX (it's never declared how far in the future), in Neo Domino City (a future version of Domino City of the original series), the concept of the world becomes even dumber. The world now involves high-speed dueling competitions literally on motorcyles with built in duel disks for no logical reason. Apparently dueling on foot isn't good enough. Our new protagonist, Yusei Fudo, was one of these moto-duelists, but currently lives out in the "Satellite", your dirty, homesless, societal reject area. He eventually gets out of the Satellite to get back into dueling on motorcycles to face the Kaibatagonist, Jack Atlas, who stole Yusei's main monster, "Stardust Dragon". Of course wins and gets it back. The 5Ds then becomes about the legendary Crimson Dragon, and there are 5 "Signers" who have the mark on them that represent a piece of it. They all have different "Signer Dragons", which is where the term 5Ds is derived. They eventually form a duel racing team. At one point there are also evil counterparts to them who have Dark Synchro monsters with negative levels. Then after that, there's more about them competing in these duel racing championships and learning more about the Signer Dragons, blah blah blah.

Bonds Beyond Time movie - A crazy guy known as Paradox from a post-apocalyptic future that somehow got destroyed by Duel Monsters (eye roll) uses one of those dueling motorcycles to go backwards in time to try to destroy Duel Monsters so it can't destroy his future... by using Duel Monsters cards. He uses "Sin" dragons, dark versions of cards he stole from the various timelines. Naturally, as a time traveler, he eventually runs into Yusei, Jaden, and Yugi, as he stole Yusei's Stardust Dragon to make it evil, and Yusei, through plot convenience, runs into the other two characters while chasing down Paradox. The three of them duel him, win, fix the damage he's down, and yay Duel Monsters.

Yu-Gi-Oh ZeXal - Yet another series, yet even further into the future, yet even worse characters than GX had. Dueling on motorcycles is now non-existant again, and our main protagonist, Yuma Tsukumo, is once again a normal high school student. Very annoying and spazzy. Has an ancient fragment on a necklace he wears. Dueling is now done anywhere with more realistic holograms using D-Gazers, things that look like scouters from Dragonball Z. Ancient fragment activates, and we now have another new spirit character to inhabit the body of a boy. This spirit's name is Astral. I don't know much about this series, as the character is even more irritating than Jaden, and I hated Jaden. The main monster card here is "Number 39: Utopia", as this series introduced Xyz Monsters. There's something about Number Hunters and trying to collect all 100 numbers or some business, and it all relates to Astral.

Yu-Gi-Oh Arc V - New spazzy, annoying boy, Yuya Sakaki. New dueling mechanic is now Pendulum Monsters. Now playing "Action Duels" with Solid Vision monsters. Not too sure if this is even more of the future than ZeXal. Standard dueling hijinks ensue. I know the least about this one, so maybe someone can fill in. 5Ds was really the only half-decent anime out of all these post-original series, and most the characters outside of those in 5Ds were really too annoying to enjoy. Anyway, the character's main monster this time is the "Odd-Eyes" series of dragons and "Performapal" monsters that are drawn so sickening ridiculous that even My Little Pony would puke at the cutesyness.

That about as in depth as I can get, since I never watched much of anything in any of these and nothing of the last two.
Yu-Gi-Oh's anime just kept getting worse with really annoying and spazzy main characters.
No quality to these shows.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:10 am

JhonnyCees wrote:thats only 3, your missing one (zexal, arc v, 5ds, gx) I know gx was school, 5ds was bikes. thats it
They also went to school in Zexal keep up buddy

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:34 pm

good god when are they going to make a new one?

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:37 pm

Also mystic, thanks for your breakdown, I appreciate it. They should just make more storylines about Yugi! Like bring him and his gang into the future - better yet bring the future of yugioh to Yugi's time era, and have him duel against things like red nova dragon, cyber end dragon, etc, and give him a new and improved deck with synchros, exceeds, and whatnot (no pendulums)

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 5:12 pm

JhonnyCees wrote:Also Rowwdy, thanks for your breakdown, I appreciate it.
no problem dude