VRAINS!

Here's the number one spot to ask questions or comment on the television series.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: VRAINS!

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Mar 24, 2018 3:21 pm

Well, it is Ryoken, I was mistaken.
Shame, because Ryuken with the dragon reference in his name would have been cool.

I am now caught up on 43 and 44, and while I knew it wasn't going to happen that way,
I still can't help but be slightly disappointed that they are going to decide things with a duel and not actual drama.
I did hit the nail on the head saying Revolver knew exactly who Playmaker was and that he was the guy at the hot dog truck.
And if you count in between two duels as the midpoint, I got that right too. :D

I am still not liking the main plot now that we know everything.
Literally everything that happened was Dr. Kogami's fault, and there would have been no Ignis, Cyberse,
or Knights of Hanoi without him messing with free will AI.
He literally created his own problem, and then started his war on AI based on his own simulations.
Revolver back during his duel with Go Onizuka stated that humanity would eventually realize what he was doing was for the benefit of mankind.
But really, at the end of the day, his organization is the one that caused the problem Revolver thinks they have to begin with.
It's like a firefighter starting a fire just to have something to extinguish.
And then he tells Yusaku that he's not a nice guy... but then why try to explain it to Onizuka like you're doing something good for humanity?
Meanwhile SOL Technologies has really done nothing of any significance in this story.
They aren't 100% innocent with their cover up and trying to kill Dr. Kogami with a virus, but clearly Dr. Kogami would have created this problem
whether they agreed to let him do his research or not... because he did.
So while Dr. Kogami shouldn't have been given the virus, he's clearly a madman that did need to be arrested.
So at the end of the day, the villains cause for destroying the world is something that's their fault to begin with.
They are destroying the world to save the world from something they made themselves that they assumed would destroyed the world.
It's dumb.
It would have been a lot better if the Knights of Hanoi were trying to fix something SOL Technologies did.
If they stole Dr. Kogami's research to secretly create the Ignis and THEN he came up with a plan to wipe them out
after all his millions of simulations told him they would destroy humanity, that would actually work.
All SOL Technologies did was use the Ignis to make their own computers faster.
That does nothing but make VRAINS better.
They are trying to make Ryoken a sympathetic character, but how can we feel bad for him if they created the problem they are claiming to solve?
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:38 pm

I wonder if the duel will conclude next episode, I really hope so I want to see what happens to Ryoken and if we get to go into the Cyberse World and stuff
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Mar 25, 2018 5:29 pm

They can't go into the Cyberse World, can they?
I thought Revolver destroyed all of it except for what Ai saved to his memory.
That's one reason they wanted to destroy Ai, it's so he cannot recreate the Cyberse World.

I'm still curious as to why the heads of SOL Technologies disguise themselves as holographic chess pieces.
Could you imagine if you just started your job when the boss is introduced to you as Knight and Rook, the floating holograms? :D

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 am

Just watched episode 45.
It was neat to see an anime character actually use the Extra Link mechanic where they occupy both Extra Monster Zones.
Revolver spammed the heck out of the field in his Main Phase 2, another rarity in Yu-Gi-Oh anime.
Characters typically only use that phase to set face downs and then end their turn.
I've never really seen a character go whole hog like that and go for the overkill.

I don't exactly follow the meta game or pay attention to tournaments, but do people irl ever really take advantage of that
Extra Link rule, or do they spend so much of their Extra Deck space with Synchros, Fusions, and Xyz that they never mutually link that far?

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Thu Mar 29, 2018 11:50 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:46 am
Just watched episode 45.
It was neat to see an anime character actually use the Extra Link mechanic where they occupy both Extra Monster Zones.
Revolver spammed the heck out of the field in his Main Phase 2, another rarity in Yu-Gi-Oh anime.
Characters typically only use that phase to set face downs and then end their turn.
I've never really seen a character go whole hog like that and go for the overkill.

I don't exactly follow the meta game or pay attention to tournaments, but do people irl ever really take advantage of that
Extra Link rule, or do they spend so much of their Extra Deck space with Synchros, Fusions, and Xyz that they never mutually link that far?
The extra link isn't really used that often, for decks that have that playstyle it is normally better to summon Firewall Dragon, Tri-Gate Wizard, and something else (Bagooska, Tornado Dragon, Gamaciel, etc)
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by yusei-oh » Sun Apr 01, 2018 10:53 pm

I'd say Revolver is playing pretty Meta.

though, he doesn't have to deal with endless negation.
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:36 pm

If you think about it, though, the anime universe's meta isn't the real world meta.
Then again, since there are always attacks and everyone uses Link Monsters which, as he pointed out, cannot be in defense,
Mirror Force should be anime meta, even if he's the only person playing it.

yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by yusei-oh » Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:02 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:36 pm
If you think about it, though, the anime universe's meta isn't the real world meta.
Then again, since there are always attacks and everyone uses Link Monsters which, as he pointed out, cannot be in defense,
Mirror Force should be anime meta, even if he's the only person playing it.
I wonder about that...

Did a lot of Mirror force cards get destroyed? why is Mirror force so rare?
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:04 am

No idea.
I looked up it's appearances in the anime, and it has appeared in every anime.
It appeared the most in the original, but it wasn't unknown in later series, although it was never actually used by anyone in Arc-V.
In the other series it was used or at least seen in someone's hand or deck, meaning people were still playing it.
Then again, outside of GX, there's no straight line between dimensions or timelines to the original anime.

It could just be mimicking the real world where Mirror Force was an expensive, hard to get card for the average duelist for the longest time.
Also, at this point in Duel Monsters history, most things have so many effects and Spells & Traps are so archetype specific, that a mass
destruction card like Mirror Force isn't that commonly used and unexpected.
I can only make guesses and assumptions, though.

yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by yusei-oh » Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:45 pm

well I think that was a satisfactory ending to the first Arc.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Wed Apr 04, 2018 2:35 pm

yusei-oh wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 12:45 pm
well I think that was a satisfactory ending to the first Arc.
agreed, to me it actually looked like the series was ending lol, I figured the duel would end this episode but I had no idea it would end like that, I figured Ai would stay as well but I'm guessing he will return, and we'll see his friends and I do want to see an arc in Cyberse World, but I can only dream. WE GET TO SEE AOI AND EMMA NEXT EPISODE YAY looks like emma has a new outfit and did her hair change color too?
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am

Satisfactory I guess you can call it, but it was like D minus satisfactory.
Sure, it passed, but by the bare minimum.
They only played 2 turns in each half of the episode, and it felt like such a deus ex machina duel that Yusaku didn't
even look at his cards when he drew before he started announcing them.
It was like he remembered them from the script and played them without a glance.
An ending like that FEELS scripted, and unnatural.
Yusaku might as well have just played a card that said "Playmaker Wins" on it.
The trap he played did the exact two things that he needed to win, and it didn't even feel like he was surprised that his Mirror Force play didn't work.
No peril in that episode at all, and just kinda bummed me out.
At least next episode starts a whole new storyline, because I'm tired of all this Hanoi stuff to be honest.

Ryouken sailed out on the SS YusakuxAoi.
Yes, that was a shipping joke, watch it happen.

I think I'll give this first Hanoi arc a 6.5/10 rating.
Good start, but mediocre finish.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:57 am

MysticJhn wrote:
Fri Apr 06, 2018 1:53 am
Ryouken sailed out on the SS YusakuxAoi.
Yes, that was a shipping joke, watch it happen.
I mean maybe? I wonder if she'll realize he's Playmaker and fall madly in love with him
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Apr 06, 2018 7:38 pm

Well we know from the next episode preview that Aoi stops at the hotdog truck, which apparently Yusaku is working at, and she looks him over with a confused look on her face as if something he said made her question his identity or something.
She does know him from school too, so their real world identities might be friendly without her knowing his virtual identity.
The look she gives him in the preview, though, something was definitely said that triggered her.

But, yeah, if they aren't at least one of those "we're only friends" couples even though everyone around them knows better by the end of this season, I'd be surprised.
Thy might get close, but something in the plot keeps it from being solid, and Yusaku might keep his distance to protect her.
They will ride the edge of a relationship for sure, as his revenge is over and can relax, and her experiences have opened her up to having friends.
I still also think Ghost Girl might teasingly flirt with Playmaker in front of Aoi just as a tease, but isn't really interested.
She'll move out of the way so Aoi doesn't keep her feelings inside.

yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by yusei-oh » Wed Apr 11, 2018 11:25 am

Link Spells!

open the way for Pendulum Links!