VRAINS!

Here's the number one spot to ask questions or comment on the television series.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: VRAINS!

Post by MysticJhn » Fri May 04, 2018 6:57 am

Just watched episode 50, and they tried to explain how and when the Fire Ignis escaped, but it still bothers me.
If this new, unnamed enemy attacked Ai's hidden Cyberse World DURING the battle with Hanoi, how is that possible?
Ai hid Cyberse World inside himself, he downloaded it, that is why Hanoi was after him specifically.
He didn't hide it outside himself, because otherwise Revolver could have just as easily found it again.
Sure, he wanted to destroy the Dark Ignis too, but he could have done that easily once he rediscovered and destroyed Cyberse World.
That would have been the priority over a single Ignis.
So we know for sure Ai had the Cyberse World inside him.

So how did this new enemy not only know it was inside Ai, even though they weren't around for the attack on Cyberse World,
but also managed to break into Ai's program, find the Cyberse World inside him, and then break into that on top of everything
else to make the attack on the other 5 Ignis and their world? And then the Ignis escaped Cyberse World and Ai all without Ai noticing?
Shenanigans! Total Shenanigans!

But, I'm tired of harping on that point.
So now the other 5 Igis are free, hiding from humans on the net somewhere, but Flame is the only other one that decided
it was worth it and seek out his matching human to stop this new enemy with Playmaker's help.
Someone at SOL Technologies is masterminding the capture of Jin Kusanagi's conciousness for... reasons.
Why Jin?
We know Jin is one of the 6 children from the Lost Incident, so he's connected to one of the 4 other attributes.
Probably the WIND attribute since Kusanagi mentioned there was a trace of the Wind Ignis program around the restricted access area.
But how did he know it was Jin? Only Dr. Kogami and Revolver knew who all the kids were.
I have a feeling, since they didn't show the new enemy yet except in shadow that part of Dr. Kogami, who somehow remained on VRAINS
totally disconnected from his physical body now and can never leave, is involved with this shadowy enemy.

So then...
DARK: Yusaku
FIRE: Homura
WIND: (Probably) Jin
LIGHT: ?
WATER: ?
EARTH: ?

Anyone care to guess whose names belong in those other attributes?
I'm guessing Spectre's is the LIGHT attribute since it would oppose Yusaku.
Also might be EARTH since he has the whole plant deck.
WATER might be Bohman, the one with the lost memory.
His little brother is too young to be involved in the Lost Incident since it happened 10 years ago. He'd be a fetus or infant.
Also, the AI bots the little brother attacked Soulburner with had a WATER Cyberse deck.
Maybe the Lost Incident is why he has no memory, he's similarly messed up like Jin.
That also maybe ties in with my guess that Dr. Kogami is somehow connected to this new enemy since he might have access
to a memory lost by someone in his Lost Incident.
Even if Bohman is one, and we know Spectre is the 5th for sure, we're one short.
Either it's a character they are saving for a different season, or perhaps it's coincidentally that bounty hunter, Blood Shepherd.
He might be working the bounty hunter thing just to get close to SOL Technologies to find out himself what's going on.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Mon May 14, 2018 12:21 am

kind of late, but this episode felt boring to me
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Sat May 19, 2018 2:49 am

52 was fine, interesting to learn more about takeru and how he idolized go
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu May 24, 2018 3:30 am

I had been slacking and got behind on episodes, but I just caught up, including episode 53 that just released.

51 & 52, since they were basically one episode/duel.
I'm finding Onizuka's change of archetype that's supposed
to match his change in character a bit odd.
He went from one wresting themed beatdown archetype to... another wrestling themed beatdown archetype.
I can't think of anywhere else in Yu-Gi-Oh where a main character did that.
Zane in GX does that, going from Cyber Dragon to Cyberdark, but he's not as much of a main character, is he?
Still, it's a bit goofy because at the end of the day it's the same thing.
Why not just keep making Gouki cards?
I guess they look alright, and we haven't had anyone play Dinosaurs in a while, so it's not a big deal.
Wait, are they Dinosaurs? [quick Wiki check]
Okay, yeah they are.
I thought they might have made them Warriors like they did Gouki (which should have been Beast-Warriors).
Go Onizuka's character change is a bit lame, though, especially when you consider his speech at the end of episode 52 to Soulburner.
Plus, how is he so messed up after losing to Playmaker?
He literally lost once to him, and so now he just gave up on everything?
On top of that, he cared more about the press calling Playmaker the savior more than himself?
What happened to the Onizuka who cared about the children?
To heck with the kids, I lost a single duel!
So despite warning Soulburner not to dwell on the loss or keep fighting, he's doing exactly that.
I'm sorry, but his character arch feels forced and is nothing his character from season 1 would have done.

Souldburner's backstory was the more interesting part of those two episodes, but he was given the obligatory dead parents.
Yeah, because him being part of the Lost Incident wasn't enough, he's also Batman.

Episode 53 was more interesting, because not only did it involve Blood Shepherd's first duel, a bit of his backstory, but we get to see
Ghost Girl and Aoi hang out together to track down the other 4 Ignis.
I'm curious as to why Zaizen wants to find and capture the Ignis before SOL Technologies does.
If I had to guess, maybe he wants to hide them from SOL Technologies until he can really figure out what they are going to do with them.
It seems he also believes they will cause a problem for humanity, but also thinks whatever SOL Technologies will
do with them cannot be good for mankind either.

I must say, I do did Aoi's spy costume.
It was kind of odd to see her being so serious against Spectre in her Blue Angel costume meant to entertain kids.
Serious Blue Angel is a bit like Ronald McDonald acting like Bruce Lee.
The "Blue Girl" costume feels more like Aoi's real personality when she's not charisma dueling it up.

I don't have much to say about Blood Shepherd and Playmaker's duel as not much happened, but it's nice to see actual Machine monsters.
A new archetype that seems like it'll just keep stacking Drones together to make bigger and bigger jets.
Even in the next episode preview it seemed he was adding more drones together, and what was either a Union Monster or Equip Spell.
It would be neat if he used Union monsters, as that's a mechanic I don't think we've seen in the anime since Duke Devlin,
and even then only that once against Joey.
Oh, wait, nevermind that, we did see Kaiba use XYZ Dragon Cannon monsters, although I think he only used the Fusion forms.
They kind of ignored Unions in the past few years, mostly just giving equip mechanics that weren't technically Union monsters.
I forget, but it is still nice we possibly could revisit old mechanics.

Ms67GTO
Common Duelist

Post by Ms67GTO » Thu May 24, 2018 9:54 pm

MysticJhn, I'm a newbie mom who needs help! Since I just registered, this forum will not allow me to contact you with my questions, therefore, is it possible for you to contact ME so I can get some help in this vast world of Yu Gi Oh, of which I know absolutely nothing about, & need your help with identification? User name: Ms67GTO

Thanks so very much! I sure hope you get receive this!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Jun 01, 2018 2:34 am

Alright, well, just watched episode 54, and I was going to say it was boring, but the ending excited me only because we finally got to see a Fusion Monster in VRAINS.
Now we know their Extra Decks aren't going to be exclusively Link Monsters.
Most the duel was boring, as it was your standard Yu-Gi-Oh back and forth and no story to be found.
I was wrong about the possible Union Monsters, instead it was just Equip Spells.
That was meh, as they looked like they could have been monster cards since the "art" was so similar to his other Drone monsters.
They did pause near the end to give Blood Shepherd his backstory.
It was lame and gave him a generic reason to hate AI.
Plus, Blood Shepherd's real self was revealed, and he looks really wimpy as his human self when his avatar is pretty cool.
Still, after that, Yusaku played "Cynet Fusion", which seemed to be a Cyberse exclusive Fusion card.
He Fusion Summoned the card he he got from Data Storm, Cyberse Clock Dragon.
It was pretty neat looking, but nothing super special. Yay dragons, though, even if it's technically a Cyberse.
It had 2500 ATK, and it seemed to require any 3 Cyberse as Material Monsters.
It's effect, however, gave it 1000 ATK bonus for every Link Marker that it's Fusion Material had.
The Fusion Material for Cyberse Clock Dragon was 2 Link Monsters and an Effect Monster, and between the 2 Link Monsters, they had 5 arrows.
A nice 7500 ATK to smash Blood Shepherd's Drone and eliminate his remaining LP.

The next episode should be better, as it's a lot of Ghost Girl and Blue Angel (Girl) sneaking around, and Soulburner seemingly not far behind.
This episode was really meh, though, until the Fusion Monster surprise.
We've now have had Rituals and Fusions.
If they go in order like that, I'm expecting a Synchro down the line next.

yusei-oh
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by yusei-oh » Sat Jun 02, 2018 11:08 pm

to be honest, I'm kinda dropping off the series.

the first season I was HOOKED. but now if feels kinda numb.
If you're Christian and not afraid to admit it, Put this in your sig! God FTW!!!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Jun 03, 2018 7:15 am

I know the focus of the anime is the card game and selling cards, but it really needs to focus on main plot better.
That last episode was, dare I say it, too much dueling. It felt flat.

Plus the characters could all use either more emotion or better background.
Both Soulburner and Blood Shepherd feel like they have the same background, and Aoi and Yusaku lack emotion.
Go Onizuka has become a trope with his bounty hunter gimmick.
Even the main villains haven't done much, and there's not been a single clue as to why they needed Jin's soul to begin with.
Leaving out information isn't the same as suspense.

The next episode really needs some plot building, or else I'll find it really hard to care.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Fri Jun 08, 2018 1:04 am

finally saw the wind ignis, the ghost girl and blue "girl" thing was super boring to me
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:12 am

Well, just watched 55, and it was kind of meh.
In one way it was a needed episode to advance the story, but it lacked any dueling at all.
Also, it's a bit odd that the four of them didn't just work together seeing as they have basically the same goal.
Aoi didn't really explain well enough that Zaizen wanted to collect the Ignis for more reasons than just because SOL Technologies told him to.
Isn't that why he sent in Ghost Girl? So he could do things behind SOL Technologies' back?

There'll be a duel next episode between Blue Girl and Soulburner, but for once it's not obvious who'll win.
They are both good guys and they are both secondary characters, so it'll be a fun coin flip.
Playmaker's actions only really need Soulburner to slow the girls down, whether he wins or loses really has no impact.
Then again, Windy suggested that, if they lose the duel, they'll be ejected from VRAINS,
so it might be that Soulburner gets the win just to keep him in the story longer.
Either way the duel should be fun, although I'm not sure why Ghost Girl stayed back to watch.
Sure, Ai threw a small data storm at her to keep her back, but it only lasted long enough to allow Playmaker to clear her and do his own thing.
She can easily continue to track Playmaker when the duel starts.
I don't expect her to stick around much longer unless she is that interested in Soulburner to learn his dueling techniques.
Guess we'll find out.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Fri Jun 15, 2018 9:35 pm

Apparently people are complaining that Takeru beat Aoi, also the fact that people are calling Yusaku and Takeru "unbeatable", which is not true at all. People are mad that Aoi is "useless" because she lost, but she HAD to lose. If she didn't lose, then she'd take away Flame, and SOL would have him, and would probably torture him or something about information about the other Ignis, which he does not know about. On to the matter that Yusaku and Takeru are "unbeatable", they literally lost before when they were held captive so.....I'm just confused as to why the heck people are complaining because protagonists are supposed to win aren't they?

Besides all this, the episode was good
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:58 pm

episode 58 airs next week

oh
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Thu Jul 19, 2018 1:52 am

episode 61 looks interesting, I can't wait to learn more about Soulburner
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:56 pm

Man am I ever behind.
I really gotta start watching some episodes again if we're on episode 61 and my last post was about 55.

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Mon Aug 13, 2018 1:40 am

I liked this episode very much
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Love for Donald Trump