Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens

Here's the number one spot to ask questions or comment on the television series.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Apr 05, 2020 6:28 am

I know nobody else is left to read this, or if they were still reading it can even reply but I had to complain somewhere.

Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens is bad.
I watched the first episode, albeit lacking any subtitles, and it was terrible.
I doubt subtitles would have helped.
I've watched anime enough years to understand words here and there,
and have watched enough anime to understand their sense of humor and their character stereotypes to have a god idea how this episode went.
It went really bad.
The change in character design was bad enough, and the new "Rush Duel" was bad enough, but EVERYTHING was bad.
Sure, Yu-Gi-Oh is generally a "kids" show to start with, but this really pushed the bar down.
Way down.
It's a STUPID kids show and I can't imagine the plot attaining any depth at any point.
And then they dragged poor Blue-Eyes White Dragon into it. Also, I assume Kaiba, even if they masked the character and never called him Kaiba.
You just know it'll be Kaiba, or some sort of Kaibaman type.
Anyway, the CGI monsters weren't very well done. Not super bad, but they didn't hire they good animators.
Everything in this show felt cheaply done for the bare minimum toy commercial aspect.

The only decent thing that'll come out of this show is the new card designs.
The cards, which sadly can ONLY be used for Rush Duels, have a really cool, modern card game look to them.
The artwork has a different feel to it slightly, but depending on your preferences, might look better or worse,
although retro cards feel not as good.
Effect Monsters ALL have a built in once per turn effect with it VERY clearly labeled, thanks to modern design,
what the Requirement (cost) to activate is.
The Requirement and Effect are both separate text with separate labels.
Nobody using those card can ever need to ask if something is a cost or part of the effect.
Unlike stupid "Problem Solving Card Text", this actually solves the problems effect text had.
It's a shame these cards don't work with the Master Rules, I actually like the basic design, if not the artwork style.
They feel like cards made in 2020 and not 1996.

Yup, all in all, the only decent thing coming from the introduction of Yu-Gi-Oh! Sevens is a modern basic card design.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!