Dragunity for San Mateo

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Dragunity for San Mateo

Post by Dark Jolteon » Tue Oct 01, 2013 2:40 am

I think librarian should be replaced by catastor or armades
side deck needs work (mostly evilswarm/prophecy/dragon hate)

DN: MetaFox
Wink;) wrote:Dark Jolteon,

I officially grant you the title of "Super Pro Cool-Guy at Yugioh"
Rise now as a Servant of the Realm

Flare4123
Ultra Rare Duelist

Re: Dragunity for San Mateo

Post by Flare4123 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:56 am

-2 Legionaire
-2 Duality
-1 Royal Decree
-1 Rtfdd
-2 Icarus Attack
-1 Baby Roc
-2 Fiendish Chain

+2 Mystletain
+1 Tempest
+1 Brandistock
+3 Upstart Goblin
+1 Trap Stun
+1 Compulsory
+2 Maxx C

Reasons:
I believe the pure, combo based dragunities are better because the slower control based one is just outpaced. So I made changes accordingly to try and speed it up, without adding the dragon rulers which I figured you were trying to not play cause dracossack is a expensive card. 2 Mystletainn so your chances of opening it and phalanx are high. And you don't have to waste a tempest search needlessly just to search it. The 3rd tempest just so you increase your chances of drawing it since it allows really easy combo piece searching. Brandistock as another target for consonance. It also lets you get in a little extra damage if you have to (which is why I chose brandistock over corsesca). 3800 dmg isn't nothing to laugh.
3 Upstart goblin so you run a thinner deck overall, to draw your combo pieces. Once you get the main combo off, your opp will have a hard time getting over it allowing you to seal the game anyway.
1 Trap stun for that card that allows you play through backrow instead of baiting it out.
1 Compulse since its a card that lets you very easily get over threats on your opp side of the field that is preventing you from going off or swinging for game.
2 Maxx c as a easy way to draw through the deck and also putting pressure on your opp when they go off. At the very least you can 141 it making it a pseudo-upstart.

If you can get vanity's emptiness then I'd definitely swap the warning and 1 mirror force for 2 copies of them in the main deck. Going off and then flipping emptiness on their turn is just plain dirty.
Peace of mind can only be found in your mind

Rognarr
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Rognarr » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:39 am

Flare4123 wrote:Reasons:
I believe the pure, combo based dragunities are better because the slower control based one is just outpaced. So I made changes accordingly to try and speed it up.
You do realize that the deck he posted can consistently OTK on turn 2-3, right?
Thanks to Zeronex for the sig.
DN username=Rognar

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:53 am

You do realize I can build any deck with anything free to little charge right?

Flare4123
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Flare4123 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:54 pm

If you can build any deck then why not the dragunity rulers? Its probably the best version of dragunities right now.
Rank 7 plays, super draw power through seven star sword+ consonance, while still allowing you to do your dragunity combos.

I fail to see this deck consistently having an otk by turn 2-3 compared to the dragunity ruler version. The cards that I see slowing it down are,, aklys , legionnaire, baby roc, duality, decree and icarus attack. Aklys and legionaiire basically only combo with themselves and why would you ever want to make a lv5 synchro when you can just dux into a lv8. There is definitely alot more toolboxing in the lv8 synchros than there is in the lv5s.
Baby roc is more my personal preference since i don't really like it. I kno it has combos with ravine and gae dearg but i feel its more gimmicky since it isn't a dragunity tuner so it isn't searchable by ravine and also isn't a dragon for consonance target.
I like garuda more since it can play into combos itself (banishing a tempest for the search).
Duality just is a slow card this format, it does help grab combo pieces earlier though. I think the no special summon clause hurts more than allowing you to grab the combo pieces.
Decree is eh, I'd rather run trap stun over it though.
Icarus attack just seems a little too situational for me. You have to have a dux/legionairee on the field and if you have a dux, why aren't you just making a lv8 synchro. So the best play is a legionaiire/aklys pop into icarus attack which does net alot of advantage but is just too slow overall. You have to have icarus attack + legionairre with a aklys in grave for it to give you the best advantage. Your also using up your normal summon for legionnaire which could be used for a dux.

I still believe the dragunity rulers can pump out the otk alot faster and more consistently than this version due to all the draw cards it has (3 sword, 3 consonance, 3 upstart, and if you like it the 3 reckless greed). It also has a more reliable backup engine through the use of the dragons which are just big beaters for no reason.

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:59 pm

because dragunity rulers suck?

Flare4123
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Flare4123 » Wed Oct 02, 2013 7:12 pm

I hope you mean they suck from your personal standpoint and views because if your talking about success I'd like to point to Patrick Hoban & co for dragunity ruler success vs pure dragunities. The deck earning a few tops itself between two events is a sure sign of success and not a random occurrence such as the 1 Geargia deck top in YCS Toronto.

Dark Jolteon
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Dark Jolteon » Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:13 pm

If ever watched any of his games no one ever drew maxx c or an answer for ravine during the arg circuit