IRL Dark World: 2014

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

IRL Dark World: 2014

Post by Zanrith » Tue Dec 31, 2013 11:14 pm

I haven't posted that on a decklist yet, but I'm not sure if I posted that anywhere else.
Spoiler:
Monsters: 16
[1] Beiige, Vanguard of Dark World
[3] Broww, Huntsman of Dark World
[1] Goldd, Wu-Lord of Dark World
[3] Grapha, Dragon Lord of Dark World
[1] Morphing Jar
[1] Sillva, Warlord of Dark World
[3] Snoww, Unlight of Dark World
[3] Tour Guide From the Underworld

Spells: 15
[1] Book of Moon
[1] Dark Hole
[3] Dark World Dealings
[3] Dragged Down Into the Grave
[1] Gateway to Dark World
[3] The Gates of Dark World
[3] Upstart Goblin

Traps: 9
[1] Bottomless Trap Hole
[1] Dark Smog
[1] Deck Devastation Virus
[1] Eradicator Epidemic Virus
[3] Reckless Greed
[1] Torrential Tribute

Side: 15
[1] Blackwing - Zephyros the Elite
[2] Mystical Space Typhoon
[1] Deck Devastation Virus
[3] DNA Surgery
[3] Gozen Match
[3] Rivalry of Warlords
[2] Skill Drain

Extra: 15
[1] Adreus, Keeper of Armageddon
[1] Daigusto Emeral
[1] Divine Dragon Knight Felgrand
[1] Gagaga Cowboy
[1] Grenosaurus
[1] Leviair the Sea Dragon
[1] Number 107: Galaxy-Eyes Tachyon Dragon
[1] Number 17: Leviathan Dragon
[1] Number 20: Giga Brilliant
[1] Number 30: Acid Golem of Destruction
[1] Number 39: Utopia
[1] Number 49: Fortune Tune
[1] Number 61: Volcasaurus
[1] Tiras, Keeper of Genesis
[1] Wind-up Zenmaines

I was doing some trades, so I recently finished the main deck to my irl Dark World with my third Dragged Down (Thank Goodness for that). Going to update for next format, concerned mainly with the side and extra, because both are in the works for completion. Dark Worlds are heavily main-deck reliant, and rarely draw anything out of the extra not rank 3. Most of the rest are situational fillers I might never get out or use, but they could help out sometime. At the main deck, I took out Zephyros for the third Tour Guide. I really don't see Zephyros being the best tech in the world, and it does help me sometimes, but I feel as if It's really not needed. I also have gateway at 1, been trying to test it out at 2, but it's never working out well for me. I've also been on vacation and busy with family and things, so I've been inactive for the past few days. Sorry about that.
insert clever signature here

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: IRL Dark World: 2014

Post by arkain07 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:00 pm

not a fan of Silva and Goldd

subtract them add 2 Beiige?
-1 Deck D in main (too situational is side would rather have a second Skill Drain)

outside of that I would look for More Rank 4's
Last edited by arkain07 on Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

user name here is the same as DN Arkain07

Clan = Moon

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:22 pm

arkain07 wrote:not a fan of Silva and Goldd
subtract them add 2 Beiige?
I am not a fan of multiple beiige. Goldd and Sillva far supersede Beiige due to their higher attack power, and are better in mirror matches with their side effects. They both make for Easy Deck Dev/Eradicator Targets which can be easily special summoned. They can also go into some pretty good rank 5's. Rank 4 Dark Worlds with multiple Beiige are slower and less powerful. I've tried out 2 Beiige before, and it even ran slowly then.
arkain07 wrote:-1 Crush Card in main (too situational is side would rather have a second Skill Drain)
Not sure if you mean deck dev or eradicator.
arkain07 wrote:outside of that I would look for More Rank 4's
Going back on what I said earlier, a rank 4 build is slower and less consistent than just having a sillva and goldd.

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:56 pm

Beiig you can ns and SS silva and goldd need stuff to work with. by then its too late. My opinion but that's just what i run in mine. If you have no fiends in Grave gates is lock and if you have used up all your spell cards then its just stuck in hand.
Atumman105 wrote:This isn't easy for me to say, but I've been 100% completely wrong about Monarchs. Thanks to Arkain, I now properly understand both them AND the importance of hand advantage. Thanks, Arkain!

Clan = Moon

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:26 pm

really SD reckless greed....?
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:49 pm

sgtc1 wrote:really SD reckless greed....?
I have no idea what you mean by this statement.
Reckless Greed is a really good card that can get you out of many situations. Dark Worlds draw so much off the cards it gives you, skipping the draw phase should not be an issue. The fact Reckless gives you 2 cards and the fact you can chain multiple to only skip 2 draw phases instead of 4 is great. Reckless has only helped Dark Worlds, not hurt them. I call it one of the essentials for the Dark World skeleton deck, including Upstart Goblin, Dragged Down, The Gates of Dark World, and Dark World Dealings. Well, if you're running the most consistent Dark World, rank 3 turbo. Some other decks vary and don't need to run reckless, although they should.
Bottom line: reckless is a great card.
arkain07 wrote:Beiig you can ns and SS silva and goldd need stuff to work with. by then its too late. My opinion but that's just what i run in mine. If you have no fiends in Grave gates is lock and if you have used up all your spell cards then its just stuck in hand.
I like beiige at 1 out of personal preference, It does help on that rare occasion when I get him out and normal a Snoww, and then go cowboy burn for game. Or even in those times where you can't discard him, so you can ns him and get a grapha out of the graveyard. Beiige overall is a good card that I prefer at 1. I would never run it at 2 or 3. I would probably never run more than 2 Goldd/Sillva likewise. Sometimes you get really awkward hands in Dark World, and running them over 2 would defiantly contribute. Thanks for your input, Arkain.

I'm also considering siding 2 Mind Crush. it never worked out for me well in the main deck, so I removed it altogether. Now I'm thinking I could remove something from the side for them, but I'm not sure what.

arkain07
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by arkain07 » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:36 pm

and meant Deck Devi earlier. Sorry had a little too much fun last night xD

I like mind crush for the soul purpose of looking at my opponents hand. Its good when playing control builds so you can be a few turns ahead of your opponent

Clan = Moon

Loki
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Loki » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:26 pm

I'd work in another MST to help get rid of Shadow Mirrors if they pop up.

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:39 pm

Loki wrote:I'd work in another MST to help get rid of Shadow Mirrors if they pop up.
Yeah, I've been thinking about a third MST as well. Dark Worlds can easily get shut down from SIM, along with Soul Drain, Macro Cosmos, Dimensional Fissure, Royal Decree, and a few more cards. If you could find space, a third MST sounds really good.
arkain07 wrote: I like mind crush for the soul purpose of looking at my opponents hand. Its good when playing control builds so you can be a few turns ahead of your opponent
Double Mind Crush, or Mind Crush after Dragged Down, is pretty fun, but I don't like mind crush in the main deck. For me, it would be a better side deck card for if I were playing anything with Tenki or RotA or similar search cards in it.
arkain07 wrote:and meant Deck Devi earlier. Sorry had a little too much fun last night xD
Deck Dev has always worked out very well for me, (at some points, I've even run 2 at once) and It tends to go off fairly well when I play it. I also gain insight into my opponent's hand so I can make a dragged down play at a good time, when I know exactly what I want to discard from thier hand.
Thanks for the input everyone. I need room and suggestions in the side about what to take out for a third MST and 2 mind crush, not quite sure what to do yet. Thinking about taking zephyros out.

Loki
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Loki » Wed Jan 01, 2014 11:57 pm

Could you drop the Black Wing for it?

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:02 am

Loki wrote:Could you drop the Black Wing for it?
Yeah, I could drop Zephyros for the third MST. Still not sure about the Mind Crushes.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:11 am

I have seen people run multiple Malefic Stardust along with Advance Draw for mega turbo.

Also, Grapha + Malefic Stardust = Felgrand, which is a pretty stupid card.
X X

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:20 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:I have seen people run multiple Malefic Stardust along with Advance Draw for mega turbo.

Also, Grapha + Malefic Stardust = Felgrand, which is a pretty stupid card.
That actually sounds good, I might try it out sometime.

SetoKaiba
Rare Duelist

Post by SetoKaiba » Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:22 am

I would get rid of two dna surgery for the mind crushes. Then I would drop rivalry of warlords and gozen match down to one each and replace the ones taken out with something else.
Plus 3 tour guide really isn't needed and is a little much so i would also suggest removing one and replacing it with something else and with how your dark worlds are i would suggest possibly taking out the upstart goblins and replacing them.

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 am

oh right i forgot that dark worlds have exodia quality draw power, to make up for reckless. >_>
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M