Agentkuo's Raccoons

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Agentkuo's Raccoons

Post by agentkuo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 1:54 pm

Here's my current Raccoon build. I'm always looking for ideas on how to improve, but I'm pretty satisfied with the current build, so don't feel disrespected if I don't like your suggestions. I'm mainly looking for ways to improve the extra deck right now (Goyo Guardian and Cat Shark aren't putting in much work, and Leo hardly comes out).

On to the list!

Monsters: 17
3 Baby Raccoon Ponpoko
3 Baby Raccoon Tantan
2 Kalantosa, Mystical Beast of the Forest
2 Valerifawn, Mystical Beast of the Forest
2 Junk Synchron
1 Tree Otter
1 Sea Koala
1 Wind-Up Kitten
1 Thunder King Rai-Oh
1 Beast King Barbaros

17 seems like the perfect balance for monsters in this deck, because too many monsters means dead hands full of monsters, and too little means you're just burning your traps until you finally get what you need. 17 is a good middle ground. I usually see a good mix of spells/traps and monsters.

Spells: 10
3 Obedience Schooled
3 Mystical Space Typhoon
3 Ayers Rock Sunrise
1 Book of Moon

The spells are the tightest aspect of the deck, and it's really hard to get the numbers right. 3 Obedience Schooled and 3 Mystical Space Typhoon is basically staple right now, but I'm not sure about 3 Ayers Rock. I'll probably drop it to 2. Book of Moon is great right now, but I'd like to try out Creature Swap, it's just, again, really tight.

Traps: 13
3 Mistake
3 Mirror Force
3 Fiendish Chain
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
1 Solemn Warning
1 Compulsory Evacuation Device
1 Torrential Tribute

No Burst Rebirth, as I don't like it with only 1 viable target (Tantan), and I don't like having to pay 2000 LP to do something I can usually do anyway, through other means. 3 Mistake is the MVP. Mistake shuts decks down as just about every deck searches, HERO's and Nekroz especially. And if they're wasting their MST's on Mistake, it means they're not using them on Mirror Force, Torrential, Bottomless and the other monster removal traps. I play Fiendish Chain over Breakthrough Skill because stopping attacks is important in this deck, and Breakthrough Skill doesn't do that. 3 Mirror Force again, because stopping attacks is important.

Extra: 15
3 Number 64: Ronin Raccoon Sendayu
1 Gachi Gachi Gantetsu
1 Daigusto Phoenix
1 Cat Shark
2 Downerd Magician
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armades, Keeper of Boundaries
1 Junk Warrior
1 Naturia Beast
1 Naturia Barkion
1 Goyo Guardian
1 Leo, the Keeper of the Sacred Tree

I'm considering dropping Cat Shark and Goyo Guardian. Goyo's ATK is great, so I might keep it just for that (boosted with Tree Otter is even better), but Cat Shark doesn't put in much work. It's great if you get it on the field with Daigusto Phoenix, but that rarely happens and it's still a Win-More situation. I might take out Cat Shark and Goyo for another Naturia Beast and another Armades, but I'm not sure yet. Suggestions on other options are welcome. I was thinking maybe Mist Bird Clausolas, just cuz I'm in that situation sometimes where I have Valerifawn and a token. Armory Arm is another option, but again, usually just a Win-More card.

Inb4, I'm aware that I don't play Fabled Cerburel or the Fabled Synchros. This is a conscious decision, please don't bring it up.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Agentkuo's Raccoons

Post by dracostrike » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:07 pm

Mirror Force doesn't do much to the top decks in this format. It's better to run d.prison over it.
Last edited by dracostrike on Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by agentkuo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:11 pm

dracostrike wrote:Mirror Force doesn't do much to the top deck in this format. It's better to run d.prison over it.
Which deck(s) specifically? I like it for mass monster removal, but I can understand why D Prison would be a better choice.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:20 pm

Nekroz need their monsters removed, Qlis and BA the same. Shaddolls effect occur of MF, etc..
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by agentkuo » Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:01 pm

Okay, good points. I'll swap out for D Prisons.

Wrave
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Wrave » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:17 am

Junk Synchron is bad. Trust me on this. It was good when the theme was first released because that was all it really had. Now it is outclassed by other cards. Also Sea Koala isn't really needed either. TKRO eats up the precious normal summon that this deck relies on.

Needs more Fabled Cerebul because Unicore is a damn good card. A lot of Raccoon players that I know are playing around with Quillbolt Hedgehog with good results along with Mathematician and Foolish Burial. Sure Quill can't be turned into a Sandayu but it does provide instant access to Daigusto Phoenix. There is another card known as Peropero Cerperus that has been testing good since it is spot removal and can be that bridge for either Beast or Barkion if you need.
Wanna duel me? Duel on Yugioh Network. (Not meant to be an advertisment)
YN FTK Trolling Count: 5

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Mar 27, 2015 7:19 am

dracostrike wrote:Mirror Force doesn't do much to the top decks in this format. It's better to run d.prison over it.
Mirror Force is amazing at the moment mate.

BA and Shaddolls aren't seeing much play at the moment either.

This all changes on the 1st though.
X X

agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by agentkuo » Fri Mar 27, 2015 3:50 pm

Wrave wrote:Junk Synchron is bad. Trust me on this.
I don't. Junk Synchron is an instant Armades/Junk Warrior/Catastor, all of which are extremely powerful and being able to access all 3 at any given moment is versatile. Junk Synchron is a great card in this deck.
It was good when the theme was first released because that was all it really had. Now it is outclassed by other cards. Also Sea Koala isn't really needed either. TKRO eats up the precious normal summon that this deck relies on.
Sea Koala is okay. It's another name for Obedience Schooled and it's effect actually does get in there and helps push. It's not a staple by any means, but I like running one. Thunder King is in there for the same reason as Mistake. Every deck adds cards to the hand and Thunder King says no. It's great to open with if you don't have any combo pieces also and it's great for late game pushes.
Needs more Fabled Cerebul because Unicore is a damn good card.
Read OP.
A lot of Raccoon players that I know are playing around with Quillbolt Hedgehog with good results along with Mathematician and Foolish Burial.
I can definitely see how Quilbolt would have synergy with the deck. I might try it out.
Sure Quill can't be turned into a Sandayu but it does provide instant access to Daigusto Phoenix. There is another card known as Peropero Cerperus that has been testing good since it is spot removal and can be that bridge for either Beast or Barkion if you need.
I dunno how I feel about this guy. He seems okay. I'll try it out.

Would you mind posting a decklist, so I can get an idea of what your build looks like?

Wrave
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Wrave » Sat Mar 28, 2015 7:06 pm

I used to think that Junk was a good card until I soon realized that I would always draw it when I didn't want to see it. If Frozen Fitzgerald was a Beast then sure I would run it but it isn't. Would rather use that NS for either Beast King or a Ponpoko into Tan Tan play.

http://i.imgur.com/6q1tC0j.png

This is my new Raccoon deck. Works quite well.

http://i.imgur.com/xz7AyUo.png

My more traditional build.

http://i.imgur.com/ao5xdDp.png

Lastly my fun Uniflora build.

agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by agentkuo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 3:09 am

Wrave wrote:I used to think that Junk was a good card until I soon realized that I would always draw it when I didn't want to see it. If Frozen Fitzgerald was a Beast then sure I would run it but it isn't. Would rather use that NS for either Beast King or a Ponpoko into Tan Tan play.

http://i.imgur.com/6q1tC0j.png

This is my new Raccoon deck. Works quite well.

http://i.imgur.com/xz7AyUo.png

My more traditional build.

http://i.imgur.com/ao5xdDp.png

Lastly my fun Uniflora build.
Thanks for posting the decklists! I'll check 'em out. I know I'm a bit stubborn about dropping Junk Synchron, but I need to be open minded about dropping him, so I'll definitely try it without him.

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Sun Mar 29, 2015 5:31 am

What's with the random Barbaros?

Compulsory and MST are terrible right now.

No raigeki?

No ring of destruction?
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by agentkuo » Sun Mar 29, 2015 11:50 am

moonsaber wrote:What's with the random Barbaros?

No raigeki?

No ring of destruction?
Quit trolling. Compulsory is one of the best traps in the game right now. Barbaros is not random, he gives easy access to Leo, and his ability to blow up the field ain't bad in the right circumstance. MST is also amazing right now, since Heavy Storm is banned. Raigeki is okay right now.

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Sun Mar 29, 2015 6:43 pm

agentkuo wrote:

No raigeki?

No ring of destruction?
Quit trolling. Compulsory is one of the best traps in the game right now. Barbaros is not random, he gives easy access to Leo, and his ability to blow up the field ain't bad in the right circumstance. MST is also amazing right now, since Heavy Storm is banned. Raigeki is okay right now.
Im not trolling lol. You must be living under a rock if you think those cards are good right now and that raigeki is just "alright". Do you even know what nekroz does?
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun Mar 29, 2015 8:25 pm

agentkuo wrote:

No raigeki?

No ring of destruction?
LOL
X X

Wrave
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Wrave » Mon Mar 30, 2015 1:54 am

I may not agree with some of his card choices but BKB at one is a good card for the deck. Not as good as it used to be but it has its merits because it is access to Leo, a field nuke off of OS (not really used) and is a 3K beater under the rouge Skill Drain. This deck has no problems with Nekroz a lot of the time depending on the coin flip. A combo of Mistake and/or Naturia Beast locks them out completely since they don't run any main deck S/T destruction for the most part.

Take this from someone who has playing Raccoon's since Shadow Specters, the deck is a very viable rogue deck. It has some consistency issues that can't really be solved since nothing is searchable. The deck needs more Extra Deck beast types to reach its full potential I believe. The only meta deck that this deck cannot really beat are BA's since Barkion is not easily summoned. If I had my choice I would rather face Nekroz than BA with this deck. I might toy with a build heavy on the spells with Royal Decree mained though.