my monarchs

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

my monarchs

Post by Gouki » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:59 pm

Monsters: 17

3 Ehther the Heavenly Monarch
3 Erebus the Underworld Monarch
2 Kuraz the Light Monarch
1 Thestalos the Mega Monarch
2 Majesty's Fiend
2 Edea the Heavenly Squire
1 Eidos the Underwold Squire
1 Mithra the Thunder Vassal
1 Super Quantum Blue Layer
1 Super Quantum Red Layer

Spells: 19

3 Upstart Goblin
3 Emergency Teleport
3 Pantheism of the Monarchs
3 Tenacity of the Monarchs
3 The Monarchs Stormforth
2 Return of the Monarchs
2 Domain of the True Monarchs

Traps: 4

3 The Prime Monarch
1 Escalation of the Monarchs

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: my monarchs

Post by Wallaceman105 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:10 pm

Spoiler:
Well, 3 erebus really isn't needed, since he's so easily recycled. I can tell you from experience that you're better served by using the slot for either another regular Mega Monarch (Thestalos works great, so does Caius, and Mobius is a good side) or more fodder.
If you're going for lockdown, I'd suggest to always pack a march to protect it, and in this case I'd say you could spare a Stormforth.
You really need 3 domain. True, you can always mix with Tenacity for Pantheism's reveal, but having the 3 just makes it work so much more consistently.
I'll admit I'm not the most experienced at the Super Quantum engine, but I'm not sure that you need the full 3 E-Tele. Your call though.
3 Prime gets cloggy, having 2 keeps you balanced and gives you access to both effects.
I'd recommend tipping your Squires the other way; 2 Eidos and 1 Edea. Since Eidos can recycle, but get taken out of the picture when he does, and since you gave him Mithra as an alt target, it'd be a lot more effective to have 2 of him and 1 of Edea.
All in all it looks sturdy, but I think those tweaks wouldn't hurt. :)
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:32 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:
Spoiler:
Well, 3 erebus really isn't needed, since he's so easily recycled. I can tell you from experience that you're better served by using the slot for either another regular Mega Monarch (Thestalos works great, so does Caius, and Mobius is a good side) or more fodder.
If you're going for lockdown, I'd suggest to always pack a march to protect it, and in this case I'd say you could spare a Stormforth.
You really need 3 domain. True, you can always mix with Tenacity for Pantheism's reveal, but having the 3 just makes it work so much more consistently.
I'll admit I'm not the most experienced at the Super Quantum engine, but I'm not sure that you need the full 3 E-Tele. Your call though.
3 Prime gets cloggy, having 2 keeps you balanced and gives you access to both effects.
I'd recommend tipping your Squires the other way; 2 Eidos and 1 Edea. Since Eidos can recycle, but get taken out of the picture when he does, and since you gave him Mithra as an alt target, it'd be a lot more effective to have 2 of him and 1 of Edea.
All in all it looks sturdy, but I think those tweaks wouldn't hurt. :)
i guess i'll be honest when i say your suggestions don't seem very optimal.

3 erebus is absolutely staple. erebus and ehther are the best monarchs, period. you want to see them as soon as possible as they set your engine up. sending pantheism/prime for their effects is so crucial i wouldn't dare consider dropping a copy of either of them.

i want to aim for the best possible turn 1 i can. i love mega caius but turn 1 he's worthless. mega mobius, in theory, seems great but in practice is anything but. playing 2 mega thestalos in the main almost assures going second is way harder.

to swap a stormforth for a march is 100% asinine. stormforth has infinitely more applications across the board. stormforth is a trap, spot removal, outs ships, killer in the mirror match, etc... march is inconsistent and does nothing game 1. sure, a kozmo player may main deck raigeki and/or dark hole but that's few and far between.

domain at 2 or 3 is up in the air for me. don't get me wrong, i would LOVE to play 3 but space is rather tight. i cut 1 domain for the sole reason that kozmo/monarch are the most prevalent matchups as well as teleport + return being the stones. i'll see if i can fit the 3rd domain back in though, i might cut the escalation but man that card offers so much to the deck.

you absolutely 100% need 3 emergency teleport when using the quantums.

playing anything less than 3 prime is wrong. allen and i always talked about just how amazing the card is. it's LITERALLY the best card to come from the structure deck. prime monarch doesn't everything you want. we play 3 prime to maximize our chances of opening pantheism + prime, which is the best 2 card combination in the deck. the card is killer in the mirror, killer vs kozmo, killer vs pepe, etc... the card is just everything you want. fodder, attack stopper, ENGINE RECYCLER. sure, you can use 2 prime, have one for fodder and have one for the recycle, but how often will you actually set yourself up for that scenario? unless you're okay with sending cards not named pantheism/prime for erebus/ehther (which is typically wrong), you'll almost always have to go out of your way to first remove a copy of prime THEN retrieve it back with edea THEN set it and hope it resolves.

all the squires truly suck. being vulnerable to hand traps is honestly the shittiest feeling. the ONLY reason i opted to play a 2/1/1 ratio is to grab pantheism/any spell or trap removed for prime monarch. i use a 1/1 split for eidos and mithra to have the least chance of getting hit by a hand trap. if i swapped eidos and edea, not only do i play a copy of a significantly weaker card, but i get literally nothing out of it when sent to grave.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Fri Feb 26, 2016 9:05 am

To clear up the Quantom engine for Wallace because I think he might have misunderstood, Blue can shuffle itself back into the deck when it's sent to the graveyard, so the Emergency Teleports are never dead. If you meant Teleport would be dead for other reasons, mb lol.

I'm not an expert on the deck, so jw; Are you not running hand traps because you might brick or you're tight on space?

The earth vassal is okay in the side deck because it flips Fog King, idk if that has been sided against you a lot.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:56 pm

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:To clear up the Quantom engine for Wallace because I think he might have misunderstood, Blue can shuffle itself back into the deck when it's sent to the graveyard, so the Emergency Teleports are never dead. If you meant Teleport would be dead for other reasons, mb lol.

I'm not an expert on the deck, so jw; Are you not running hand traps because you might brick or you're tight on space?

The earth vassal is okay in the side deck because it flips Fog King, idk if that has been sided against you a lot.
hand traps take away from having the best possible turn 1
we can have. essentially blank cards, etc...

at this point, everyone has stopped using fog king. the card is actually just horrible.