Virally Reflective Venom

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Ada Wesker
Common Duelist

Virally Reflective Venom

Post by Ada Wesker » Fri Feb 26, 2016 10:24 pm

http://youtu.be/WbNrGlH9aeE[/youtube]

Here is the build I am planning to run at my locals any advice is more than welcome! This build also has a YouTube profile that you can view above as well.

(Monsters:18)

Vennominaga, The Deity Of Poisonous Snakes x1
Vennominon, The King Of Poisonous Snakes x2
Worm King x1
Worm Xex x3
Worm Yagan x3
Worm Apocalypse x2
Destiny Hero - Diamond Dude x2
Kagetokage x3
Sinister Serpent x1

(Spells:14)

Dark Hole x1
Soul Charge x1
Raigeki x1
Temple Of The Kings x1
Twin Twisters x2
Snake Rain x2
The Fang Of Critias x3
Galaxy Cyclone x3

(Traps:8)

Crush Card Virus x1
Mirror Force x2
Rise Of The Snake Deity x2
W. Nebula Meteorite x3

(Extra Deck)

Doom Virus Dragon x1
Mirror Force Dragon x2
Constellar Omega x2
Constellar Ptolemy M7 x2
Number 82: Heartland Draco x1
Number 50: Blackship Of Corn x2
Number 101: Silent Honor Ark x2
King Of The Feral Imps x3

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Virally Reflective Venom

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 4:17 am

Yo dude :)

First of all, for future reference, you only put the part of the URL after "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" into the youtube video tags for it to work. Like this:

Next, to move onto the deck.

You're trying to run too many different engines into an already inconsistent deck. Mirror Force Dragon is not needed as anything but a slight tech which just makes your hand more cloggy, and Diamond Dude is in no way optimal when he has no synergy with the rest of the deck, and even the spells you do have are fairly situational. Temple of the Kings with 8 traps? I don't see the logic in that. You also have a ton of spell and trap removal that's not really needed.

Worms and Vennom can work reasonably well together, so just stick to those two. I don't know know if you want Vennominaga to be your primary win condition, but I'll assume you don't and try to change the deck accordingly. Obviously, you take these changes with a grain of salt :P

-1 Worm King (Tribute summon is very slow and rarely better than any rank 4)
-2 Worm Apocalypse (Enough spell/trap removal)
-2 Destiny Hero Diamond Dude (Not consistent, again)
-1 Sinister Serpent (You don't have enough discards to warrant running this)

-1 Temple of the Kings (Aside nuking yourself with Dark Hole on the turn you summon King, this isnt good. King can keep itself alive from being destroyed by battle anyway, so it's not a big issue)
-3 The Fang of Critias (Inconsistent - needs a non searchable trap card to be relevant)
-3 Galaxy Cyclone (Twin Twisters is enough)

-1 Crush Card Virus
-2 Mirror Force
-3 W. Nebula Meteorite (This is an awfully slow card to call draw power. Requires you to already have monsters out, AND you need to wait a turn. Not very good)

-Whole Extra Deck (It will be easier for me to rewrite it)

+3 Performapal Whip Snake (This is as close as you'll get to a splashable reptile, run it lol)
+2 Worm Cartaros (Most tolerable worm outside the main engine)

+3 Upstart Goblin
+1 Dark Hole
+1 Snake Rain

+2 Call of the Haunted (Easiest way to get out King, or other tributes)
+3 Solemn Strike(You NEED Effect Negation vs cards like Castel, or anything that can banish/bounce/twist your Vennom cards away.)
+3 Offering to the Snake Diety (Triggers King, excellent removal, basically the key card to this deck? No idea how you missed it.)
+1 Solemn Warning
+1 Rise of the Snake Diety

+3 King of the Feral Imps
+1 Number 101
+1 Abyss Dweller
+2 Castel
+1 Ragna Zero
+1 Diamond Dire Wolf
+1 Daigusto Emeral
+1 Gagaga Cowboy
+1 Number 80
+1 Constellar Omega
+1 M7
+1 Starleige Paladynamo

Hope this helps, good luck with the deck :)

Ask if you want me to explain any more card choices
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Ada Wesker
Common Duelist

Post by Ada Wesker » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:02 am

Ok how is Diamond Dude inconsistent when most of my spell line up are made up of normal spells?

Please explain this.....and Galaxy Cyclone has good discard options to get to the grave and be useful while it can also be milled with Diamond Dude as well (which you don't have to pay for most of the costs Snake Rain, Galaxy Cyclone)

You're also asking me to run +2 Dark Hole that sounds a bit to situational, and I'm already running a Raigeki which works the same way.

Once again I need an explanation on that ^

Also Vennominaga is my win condition of the build so you are indeed correct on this.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 am

Ada Wesker wrote:Ok how is Diamond Dude inconsistent when most of my spell line up are made up of normal spells?

Please explain this.....and Galaxy Cyclone has good discard options to get to the grave and be useful while it can also be milled with Diamond Dude as well (which you don't have to pay for most of the costs Snake Rain, Galaxy Cyclone)

You're also asking me to run +2 Dark Hole that sounds a bit to situational, and I'm already running a Raigeki which works the same way.

Once again I need an explanation on that ^

Also Vennominaga is my win condition of the build so you are indeed correct on this.
Well see, firstly you have 11 normal spells. Assuming we are going from the first turn, this is a 1/3 chance of hitting a good spell, and this would rarely be better than 1/2 as the game progresses, since duels don't last very long anymore. This means more often than not, you will be using a normal summon for a 1400 ATK beatstick, where it could be used better for any one of your Worm Monsters.

Moving on, let's say you hit a spell card with Diamond Dude's effect. Looking through your own spell line up, Galaxy Cylclone needs the opponent to have openly set backrow to be of use, and Dark Hole can potentially hit your own monsters. You might also flip Soul Charge on a turn you're not looking to use it. In this sense, the spells are not "splashable" like they would have been in the old Diamond Dude Turbo deck, however many years ago that was. The deck was not only loaded with "splashable" spell cards, but this was also many formats ago when the game allowed Diamond Dude to function, because it was a lot slower.

In short, Diamond Dude will lessen your consistency, and use a normal summon where you could have used it better. I hope this clears things up.

As a seperate issue, Galaxy Cyclone not being a quickplay spell card hinders it greatly, and with Twin Twisters and Offering to the Snake Diety, you have plenty of spell and trap removal. I am aware Diamond Dude neglects cost, however, this is best used in more consistent decks, or to be honest, older formats. Combining two rogue archetypes like Worms and Vennominaga does not allow you to drop consistency and delve into other archetypes.

I am recommending you the second Dark Hole for two reasons. Firstly, this deck can struggle to maintain a board. In that sense, you will need as much mass removal as you can possibly get. If you would like, Torrential Tribute is also a great card to add in place of the second Dark Hole. It performs the same function and is chainable, so it's pretty good.

Secondly, you can blow up your own King and follow up with Rise of the Snake Diety. Chances are your opponent is not an AI fro Yugioh World Championship 2004, and they will know not to destroy King via card effect. This means, you need as many ways of doing so yourself before the opponent can find an alternate way to deal with King without destroying it.

If you don't understand anything I've said, or want me to explain anything in more detail, just ask.

Ada Wesker
Common Duelist

Post by Ada Wesker » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:35 am

Thanks for the explanations, just one more thing I was thinking of replacing Temple Of The Kings with Offerings To The Doomed but idk if it would be a good replacement?!

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:37 am

Ada Wesker wrote:Thanks for the explanations, just one more thing I was thinking of replacing Temple Of The Kings with Offerings To The Doomed but idk if it would be a good replacement?!
Offerings to the Doomed isn't a very good card, it's essentially a -1 because of skipping the draw phase. I think with Raigeki, 1-2 Dark Hole and all your backrow, you will have enough removal in the deck.

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:20 pm

Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Yo dude :)

First of all, for future reference, you only put the part of the URL after "https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=" into the youtube video tags for it to work. Like this:

Next, to move onto the deck.

You're trying to run too many different engines into an already inconsistent deck. Mirror Force Dragon is not needed as anything but a slight tech which just makes your hand more cloggy, and Diamond Dude is in no way optimal when he has no synergy with the rest of the deck, and even the spells you do have are fairly situational. Temple of the Kings with 8 traps? I don't see the logic in that. You also have a ton of spell and trap removal that's not really needed.

Worms and Vennom can work reasonably well together, so just stick to those two. I don't know know if you want Vennominaga to be your primary win condition, but I'll assume you don't and try to change the deck accordingly. Obviously, you take these changes with a grain of salt :P

-1 Worm King (Tribute summon is very slow and rarely better than any rank 4)
-2 Worm Apocalypse (Enough spell/trap removal)
-2 Destiny Hero Diamond Dude (Not consistent, again)
-1 Sinister Serpent (You don't have enough discards to warrant running this)

-1 Temple of the Kings (Aside nuking yourself with Dark Hole on the turn you summon King, this isnt good. King can keep itself alive from being destroyed by battle anyway, so it's not a big issue)
-3 The Fang of Critias (Inconsistent - needs a non searchable trap card to be relevant)
-3 Galaxy Cyclone (Twin Twisters is enough)

-1 Crush Card Virus
-2 Mirror Force
-3 W. Nebula Meteorite (This is an awfully slow card to call draw power. Requires you to already have monsters out, AND you need to wait a turn. Not very good)

-Whole Extra Deck (It will be easier for me to rewrite it)

+3 Performapal Whip Snake (This is as close as you'll get to a splashable reptile, run it lol)
+2 Worm Cartaros (Most tolerable worm outside the main engine)

+3 Upstart Goblin
+1 Dark Hole
+1 Snake Rain

+2 Call of the Haunted (Easiest way to get out King, or other tributes)
+3 Solemn Strike(You NEED Effect Negation vs cards like Castel, or anything that can banish/bounce/twist your Vennom cards away.)
+3 Offering to the Snake Diety (Triggers King, excellent removal, basically the key card to this deck? No idea how you missed it.)
+1 Solemn Warning
+1 Rise of the Snake Diety

+3 King of the Feral Imps
+1 Number 101
+1 Abyss Dweller
+2 Castel
+1 Ragna Zero
+1 Diamond Dire Wolf
+1 Daigusto Emeral
+1 Gagaga Cowboy
+1 Number 80
+1 Constellar Omega
+1 M7
+1 Starleige Paladynamo

Hope this helps, good luck with the deck :)

Ask if you want me to explain any more card choices
i agree with all the changes except for cutting w nebula meteorite.

the card is insane, at one point it was arguably the greatest trap in the game that wasn't on the F/L list. if you resolve a meteorite with even 2 monsters, you've got a great chance at winning as tempo, momentum, and overall advantage has greatly shifted. also you tell the guy not to play meteorite because it requires a monster and it's slow yet you offer 3 offering to thr snake deity as replacement? seems really off truthfully.

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:29 pm

Gouki wrote:i agree with all the changes except for cutting w nebula meteorite.

the card is insane, at one point it was arguably the greatest trap in the game that wasn't on the F/L list. if you resolve a meteorite with even 2 monsters, you've got a great chance at winning as tempo, momentum, and overall advantage has greatly shifted. also you tell the guy not to play meteorite because it requires a monster and it's slow yet you offer 3 offering to thr snake deity as replacement? seems really off truthfully.
Offering to the Snake Diety destroys his own Vennominaga, and thus is practically a win conidition to the deck. It is also because the cards do different things: taking your turn to respond to an opponents actions is much less of a cost than taking a turn to draw cards. Draw power should be getting you to more options, not stalling you to get to them.

Another thing I considered was that both these cards could be run, but in a deck so normal summon reliant, I don't see how a board is going to kept up so consistently that both of these cards can be run. Unless you open perfectly to respond to your opponents plays, this card will rarely net you an advantage. It also requires you to run Worm King to use it's full power, not ideal really.

The point I am trying to get at is that both of these cards were worth considering, but Offering is more flexible, and helps towards the main win condition of the deck. I just don't believe in draw power as a trap card that also requires you to have a substantial board, but running the card isn't going to hold you back a whole lot.

Ada Wesker
Common Duelist

Post by Ada Wesker » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:33 pm

I'm a woman player just putting it out there, though I may have to test this build out on YGOPRO to see how it does as well.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:37 pm

Testing is always good, tell us how it goes :)

Ada Wesker
Common Duelist

Post by Ada Wesker » Sat Feb 27, 2016 12:44 pm

I will when I get the chance I'm gonna see if I can try testing it out next week, since my College professor has given me a presentation and a midterm!

But thanks for the advice on the build, I'll give you guys an update!

Gouki
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Gouki » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:16 pm

how is destroying vennominaga a win condition? you realize she can't be targeted and is unaffected by spells and traps?

w nebula meteorite offers a lot more to the deck imo. simply setting cartaros or going X -> Y with meteorite is a huge boost to a slow deck like this. like truthfully, she's going to win more games from meteorite than she will vennominaga.

Signature created by Kamikon Wolf

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:19 pm

Gouki wrote:how is destroying vennominaga a win condition? you realize she can't be targeted and is unaffected by spells and traps?

w nebula meteorite offers a lot more to the deck imo. simply setting cartaros or going X -> Y with meteorite is a huge boost to a slow deck like this. like truthfully, she's going to win more games from meteorite than she will vennominaga.
*Vennominon, sorry that was a typo.

And maybe she will win more, but she said Vennominaga was the win condition of the deck, so I wanted to structure the build more towards that goal. Like I said, both cards are good. You're probably right and I'm just underestimating the card's impact haha

Ada Wesker
Common Duelist

Post by Ada Wesker » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:34 pm

I knew what you were saying lol it's ok, this is however 1 of 2 Worm Vennominaga builds I'm planning to run!

The other build that I have yet to post is a Vennominaga/Quasar that also has the worms in it as well.
Last edited by Ada Wesker on Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:51 pm

:o

Never seen anything like that dude, would love to see it