Malefic Immortal

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Alienatedv
Common Duelist

Malefic Immortal

Post by Alienatedv » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:14 pm

This is a deck that I have been working on for about a month or so now. I think I have finally decided on the cards in the deck. I would really appreciate any kind of advice/input to help make the deck better.
Monsters(27):
Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua(3)
Malefic Stardust Dragon(2)
Double Coston(2)
Unshaven Angler(3)
Superancient Deepsea King Coelacanth(2)
Oyster Meister(2)
Shocktopus(1)
Deep Sweeper(1)
Golden Flying Fish(1)
Royal Swamp Eel(2)
Fishborg Launcher(2)
Hanewata(1)
Armageddon Knight(3)
Marshmellon(2)
Spell(8):
Mound of the Bound Creator(2)
Mausoleum of the Emperor(1)
Earthbound Whirlwind(2)
Earthbound Revival(3)
Traps(11):
Offering to the Immortals(1)
Breakthrough Skill(3)
Grand Horn of Heaven(2)
Earthbound Wave(2)
Dark Bribe(2)
Revival of the Immortals(1)
Extra(3):
Stardust Dragon(3)

I am pretty sure you can see the overall idea of the deck. The main strategy is not easy to pull off. I am sure that most of the time I will not be able to get it done. However, those duels where I can successfully pull it off will be magic. The main point of the deck it to have Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua, Stardust Dragon, Malefic Stardust Dragon, and Mound of the Bound Creator on the field. I would keep Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua in defense so my opponent cannot attack while using his effect to deal damage to them. Mound of the Bound Creator would keep Earthbound Immortal Chacu Challhua safe from other card effects. Malefic Stardust Dragon would help to keep Mound of the Bound Creator safe and can be used to attack as well. Stardust Dragon would be a little extra protection where needed. Every card in the deck is to try to make that happen or to just stall until I can. I think I have it setup fairly well, but there is always room for improvement.
Last edited by Alienatedv on Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Malefic Immortal

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Jun 17, 2016 11:20 pm

Have a read of this: viewtopic.php?f=47&t=3645

Earthbound Immortals are [bleep] awful, sorry to say. Malefics are as well but I guess they're actually playable to a degree. Stalling until you can get a big stupid field of two Stardusts and an Earthbound isn't good at all considering how fast the game has become.
I see a lot of random/bad card choices that don't make sense.
It sounds harsh, but I would just start read the guide, understand the game a little better and start building from scratch.
X X

Alienatedv
Common Duelist

Post by Alienatedv » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:13 am

I know the deck is not competitive by any stretch of the imagination. I basically said that when I made the original post. This is just a deck I am building more for fun. I like the looks of the Earthbound Immortals so I wanted to make a deck using one. I have other decks that are made way better and all that. I just wanted to make a deck more for fun than winning. Also, there are not really any random cards in the deck. Every card I chose has a reason for being in the deck and works toward something in the deck. They might not be the best cards to accomplish what I want them to, but I am fine with that. As I said, I wanted a deck that revolves around an Earthbound Immortal so I made one. It is not the best deck. It is not competitive. It is just having some fun and creating a somewhat original deck.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:25 am

Thought about using the monarch tribute engine from the structure deck?
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:27 am

Oh, just for fun? It's immaculate then. I might even netdeck it.
X X

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sat Jun 18, 2016 4:40 am

Not random? You're running a random 14 card fish engine, Armageddon Knight with no decent targets and Marshmallon. You're not running any real spells or traps either, just archetype specific nonsense. For easy tributes for those Earthbounds you could consider a pendulum or a monarch engine (which involves tributing your opponents monsters so you don't have to run a 14 card fish engine)

But, whatever. Later.
X X

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Sat Jun 18, 2016 7:44 am

Bring back frog tribute engine 2016
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Alienatedv
Common Duelist

Post by Alienatedv » Sun Jun 19, 2016 12:18 am

I was just looking into the Monarch engine and will probably go with that. I will just have to see about getting the cards for it. The fish engine is to help get out Stardust and/or possible tributes for Chacu so it has two different viable options to it- synchro, tribute, or both. I decided on the Fish engine because Chacu is a fish type so thought it seemed like a fun idea. Some of the level 4 fish were kind of random. However, the rest were not. Under the assumption that things go ideally, which I know is quite the stretch but might as well go with it, I get Superancient out, and then I use his effect and get out a lot of fish monsters. Ideally, I could have enough out there to get out two Stardust Dragons. Marshmallon is for stalling a bit. I know there are better cards, but as I said, this is a real life deck so price is also part of the equation. Plus, doing 1000 damage to your opponent is not bad. Armageddon Knight is used in combination with Earthbound Revival or Revival of the Immortals as another way to get Chacu out on the field. The other Earthbound Immortal cards are mostly just in the deck because I like their effects so not much of a strategy there really I will admit. The rest of the traps are all cards that focus on where the deck is weak until I can get the field setup how I need it to be. They might not be the best options, but they are the most viable for me right now. There is a reason behind every card that is in this deck.