Metalfoes for Regs next month

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Metalfoes for Regs next month

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Sep 08, 2016 4:59 pm

Monsters 23
3x Steelin
3x Silverd
3x Gold Rider
3x Volflame
2x Majespecter Fox
3x Majespecter Bunbuku
1x Majespecter Kirin
1x Luster Pendulum
2x Archfeind Eccentric
2x Maxx "C"

Spells 7
2x Painful Decision
2x Cosmic Cyclone
1x Metafoes Fusion
1x Raigeki
1x Instant Fusion

Traps 10
1x Vanity's Emptiness
1x Solemn Warning
2x Majestpecter Tempest
2x Majestpecter Tornado
2x Metalfoes Counter
2x Metalfoes Combination

Extra Deck
1x Super Quantum Blue
1x Majester Paladin, The Ascending Dracoslayer
1x Daigusto Emeral
1x Castel the Sky Blaster Musketeer
1x Utopia
1x Utopia Ray
1x Utopia The Lightning
1x Red-Eyes Flare Metal Dragon
1x IGNISTERRRRRRRRRRRR
1x Dinoster Power, The Mighty Draco Slayer
1x Metalfoes Adamante
2x Metalfoes Orichalc
1x Metalfoes Crimsonite
1x Noden

Side Deck
2x Kaiju Spider
1x Kaiju Turtle
3x D.D. Crow
3x Snow Ogre
3x Imperial Iron Wall
3x Typhoon
Last edited by ChaosDraGon00 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Metalfoes for Regs next month

Post by ventes183 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:21 pm

where's gofu? you can play ultimaya with it and remove the rank 4 engine. you barely will even xyz.

for ultimaya:
main 2-3 gofu
1 lv5 metafoze fusion
1 ultimaya
1 crystal wing
1 void ogre
1 ignister
moonlight rose is optional.

also consider your rank 3 engine. like break sword and totem bird. breaksword+combination is free plus and bomb
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

LabSig:Kamikon Wolf

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 12:40 am

Sorry for the late reply. Been super busy.

As for the Ultimaya build I was running it for a while with Performapals because Odd-Eyes Pheonix+Gofu=Ultimaya. Problem with that is consistency. I need both Gofu and Light Pheonix turn 1 or i'll bust. Ultimaya is probably the stronger build as far as pushing abilities but I found it lack luster in the sense of "I open gofu and pepe sorc or I dont" so I switched to Majespecters and so far its been pretty decient. I've almost tempting to take out the dracoslayer and a few cards and add in Odd-Eyes cards to allow easier rank 7 plays.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:01 am

Gofu is a staple in this deck. You don't need all this Odd-Eyes junk to play with it. Tzolkin is just too good not to play.
X X

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:36 am

Tzolkin is a tech that works with the deck. Just like majespecters. Like i said i tested it and its lack luster. Mainly due to the fact it loses to the 1 of's or veiler. Raigeki kills your first turn board and unless you have a way to recover it then you're kinda jfk'd. Veiler being the dominate hand trap currently since maxx "C" got semi'd(for whatever reason. Not a big deal) as well as side decking against you will usually be Anti-Spell, Kaiju's, Ghost Ogre, and whatever else your opponent has to counter your board. I'm trying to make a board thats either unbreakable turn 1 or flexible to where going 2nd wont hinder me as much. Tzolkin takes certain cards to establish a board where as using Metalfoes and Majespecters it isnt too reliant on the unsearchable cards like Gofu since each card searches itself in one shape or form.

Sorry again for the late edit im at work.
Last edited by ChaosDraGon00 on Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:15 am

The tokens work with your scales though. Gofu just generates so many pluses.
X X

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:20 am

The main thing i saw with Gofu was i can use a token for a the metalfoes fusion and go into Ultimaya. Still 3 cards to get out 2 is my main problem. After you get them back and draw 1 you have scales, Ultimaya and Crystalwing with 3 cards in hand. Which isnt bad but lack luster if you dont have a follow-up play.

Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Master Lightflare » Mon Sep 19, 2016 7:12 am

If you seriously think Gofu is bad in this deck then you shouldn't be playing metalfoes.

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 10:53 am

Master Lightflare wrote:If you seriously think Gofu is bad in this deck then you shouldn't be playing metalfoes.
I am saying that I have tested it and its lack luster. How does my opinion on a deck that is all about techs make me wrong? There are so many different Metalfoe's variants. Some play Gofu some dont. One of the builds that got top 16(i wanna say he got 8 but unsure) didnt play ultimaya he played essentially this build I have above. Does that make him bad and does that mean he shouldnt be playing metalfoes? No because he adapted and learned. Thats something most players cannot do. Can you make a consistant build outside of Ultimaya and YangZing? Heck there's a guy online who used Frogs with Metalfoes to make the new xyz cards playable. Its all about adapting the deck and since the deck is like pepe which is a mix mash of archetypes why should I not he playing metalfoes when I find a more reliable build than Ultimaya build?
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Gofu is a staple in this deck. You don't need all this Odd-Eyes junk to play with it. Tzolkin is just too good not to play.
A guy just won a ycs in mexico with odd-eyes as a tech. I found it pretty cool.

And yes he did use the Ultimaya build in the deck.

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 1:14 pm

honestly back when i played i splashed gofu, pot of cupid, majes unicorn, ariadine +5 counters and stien (no life tho lol) in
tho honestly 2 cupid is enough.

and well your metalfoze spell and try try to keep within 4 copies, not good to open with many of them. that's where things go bad.
also one thing, the lv9 3 material fusion is redundant since tcg does not have super poly.
extra deck wise don't forget about breaksword. that.s better than the super quantam blue.
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

LabSig:Kamikon Wolf

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 2:11 pm

I would add pot of stupidity but im not willing to cash out $60+ for each one lol. The fusion i'll agree on I rarely see it so it can come out. I switched builds because Ariadne worked but wasnt too well in control base. I might switch back if i can get a 3rd solemn strike.

Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Master Lightflare » Mon Sep 19, 2016 8:04 pm

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
Master Lightflare wrote:If you seriously think Gofu is bad in this deck then you shouldn't be playing metalfoes.
I am saying that I have tested it and its lack luster. How does my opinion on a deck that is all about techs make me wrong? There are so many different Metalfoe's variants. Some play Gofu some dont. One of the builds that got top 16(i wanna say he got 8 but unsure) didnt play ultimaya he played essentially this build I have above. Does that make him bad and does that mean he shouldnt be playing metalfoes? No because he adapted and learned. Thats something most players cannot do. Can you make a consistant build outside of Ultimaya and YangZing? Heck there's a guy online who used Frogs with Metalfoes to make the new xyz cards playable. Its all about adapting the deck and since the deck is like pepe which is a mix mash of archetypes why should I not he playing metalfoes when I find a more reliable build than Ultimaya build?
Gofu isn't a "tech", it's a staple. The card provides you with free fodder for your scale effects and gofu can let you go into ultimaya + crystal sing/void ogre, a rank 5 or even level 7-8 synchros, such as black rose moonlight dragon or omega. Also, where did the guy get top 16 with metalfoes without gofu? Locals? Regionals?

Anyway, for actual advice on the deck, add the Qli engine (1 scout 1 monolith 3 summoner's arts). It is a lot better than the Majespecter engine and takes up less space. Solemn strike is literally a generic majespecter tempest. From what I've seen, Luster can seem a bit lacklustre at times. Its scale is really awkward and you can rarely make Ignister with it. Dinoster is not good enough to warrant the play of this card.

Pretty much:
+3 Gofu
+1 Scout
+1 Monolith
+3 Summoner's Arts
+3 Strike

-2 Fox
-2 Tempest
-2 Tornado
-1 Counter
-1 Combination
-1 Instant Fusion
-2 Eccentrick or Cosmic Cyclone (side one of them)

The extra would obviously need work after these changes but I'm sure you can work them out :)

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Mon Sep 19, 2016 9:19 pm

Master Lightflare wrote:
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
Gofu isn't a "tech", it's a staple. The card provides you with free fodder for your scale effects and gofu can let you go into ultimaya + crystal sing/void ogre, a rank 5 or even level 7-8 synchros, such as black rose moonlight dragon or omega. Also, where did the guy get top 16 with metalfoes without gofu? Locals? Regionals?

Anyway, for actual advice on the deck, add the Qli engine (1 scout 1 monolith 3 summoner's arts). It is a lot better than the Majespecter engine and takes up less space. Solemn strike is literally a generic majespecter tempest. From what I've seen, Luster can seem a bit lacklustre at times. Its scale is really awkward and you can rarely make Ignister with it. Dinoster is not good enough to warrant the play of this card.

Pretty much:
+3 Gofu
+1 Scout
+1 Monolith
+3 Summoner's Arts
+3 Strike

-2 Fox
-2 Tempest
-2 Tornado
-1 Counter
-1 Combination
-1 Instant Fusion
-2 Eccentrick or Cosmic Cyclone (side one of them)

The extra would obviously need work after these changes but I'm sure you can work them out :)
It was the last regionals in Spokane. He said he went X-2 and got top 16. To be fair it was a very small regs. 99 people(smallest that place ever had tbh.)

Ive been seeing the Qliphort+Monolith combo's and that seems more reliable with comboing gofu.

I'll try it out and let you know the results from online.

Mainly what the Majespecter engine has is a more established board control and less likly to gey outted by a 1 of which is what I liked. yes strike is majester tempest but you can search off tempest with a normal/special summon where strike is only accessable through popping ariadne.

Extra deck i could maybe get an Omega through trading but its the same issue as pot of stupidity for me where I wont have te cash to buy a $50+ card before regs. Money is tighy since i had to save up for Video Games.

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:02 am

You guys asked for it and I did it. Main problems with the deck... Its very very very situational. I won a few games with it dont get me wrong but I keep having the issue of clog and brick city. Opening with no Ariadne, opening with 2x Painful decisions, opening CyDra with no gofu, opening with 2+ copies of Gofu. Did a lot and I mean A LOT of changing ratio's and could only find this build and its only change I would add is desires but I dont have the cash for 2x Desires by regs. I could possibly get an Omega maybe but thats a big maybe.

[spoiler]Monsters 25
3x Steelin
3x Silverd
3x Gold Rider
3x Volflame
3x Ariadne
3x Majespecter Bunbuku
1x Majespecter Kirin
1x Scout
1x Monolith
3x Gofu
1x Archfiend Eccentric

Spells 9
2x Painful Decision
2x Summoner's Art
1x Metafoes Fusion
1x Raigeki
3x mst

Traps 7
1x Solemn Warning
3x Solemn Strike
2x Metalfoes Counter
1x Metalfoes Combination

Extra Deck
1x PK Break Sword
1x Abyss Dweller
1x Castel the Sky Blaster Musketeer
1x Utopia
1x Utopia The Lightning
1x CyDra Nova
1x CyDra Infinity
1x IGNISTERRRRRRRRRRRR
1x Psyframelord Omega
1x Crystal Wing
1x Void Ogre
1x Tzolkin
1x Metalfoes Adamante
2x Metalfoes Orichalc

Side Deck
2x Kaiju Spider
2x Maxx "C"
3x D.D. Crow
2x Snow Ogre
2x Swords of Concieling Light
2x Cosmic Cyclone
2x Typhoon[/spoiler]

Again problems is.... Consistency is everywhere there isnt a really reliable way to run this with or without ariadne. I've opened piss poor and gotten blown back 2-0 or 2-1'd by Qliphorts, Blue-Eyes, Metalfoe Majespecter(ironically), Tellarknights and 2 Harpies(them going 1st and opening Traptrix Reflasia doesnt help) only games I won were against decks that got hit by the list such as Extra Deck Monarchs, Odd-Eyes Magicians and Shaddoll Trains. I put in desires and it worked a little better but created problems still and didnt allow me to pull a good board turn 1. This deck build as stated is not the best build if you know what you're doing and how to break said board. I wont lie in theory Crystalwing+Tzolkin+2x Backrow traps is.... Pretty good. But decks like to use spells that destroy/banish those traps and either one of's or play around cards that can get over Clearwing. Granted Clearwing isnt bad. Its just difficult to pilot in the face of Qli's that have backrow, Blue-Eyes that Xyz and smack you in the nose, Majespecters that strike only touches their summons, Tellarknight and Harpies I cannot really blame due to them going 1st and allowing the set up vs brick city. What should I change to make it consistent and less... Cloggy. I'm obviously piloting it wrong if I open badly or jus not using the most optimal plays.