Anyone testing ABC yet?

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Anyone testing ABC yet?

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Mon Sep 12, 2016 11:24 pm

ventes183 wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Actually a legit question for you Ventes, what does Thrasher do for the deck that the gadgets don't?
Its a extra lv4 and rota gets it
U can make rank 4s without getting hit by a negator like crystal wing.

And for some games if u get noticed, it'll be on the rank 4 play instead of in the gadget so you are 1 part away instead of 3 parts and a gadget away (though u rather hit the abc that comes out instead but they get the hand filter from tsukuyomi).

Other than that it's a -1 draw when your opponent maxx c.
Cuz either way when u tsukuyomi u will just continue to abc. Your oponent gets 8 hand or 7(trasher) after draw phase. Then u only die when they pull the santa claws or kaiju on you when u draw no traps.

Well lesser extent u can do trasher gold silver a/b/c for double rank 4 when your hand is just poker.

Oh and last very important part: its the most common line i always hear about abc. You have 9 bad hand cards (literally abc). Drawing multiples means your in a bad situation especially going first.
Of course you can still be hit by Crystal Wing. They would still just hit the xyz monster anyway.

Being inherent doesn't necessarily make it a -1 with "C", they can just drop it at the start of your MP1. Sure it isn't as good, but it's the same thing.

I still don't think it's that good. I would rather fuel the graveyard and make an Infinity with Galaxy Soldier while still having the gadgets make my rank 4s.
X X

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:03 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
ventes183 wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Actually a legit question for you Ventes, what does Thrasher do for the deck that the gadgets don't?
Its a extra lv4 and rota gets it
U can make rank 4s without getting hit by a negator like crystal wing.

And for some games if u get noticed, it'll be on the rank 4 play instead of in the gadget so you are 1 part away instead of 3 parts and a gadget away (though u rather hit the abc that comes out instead but they get the hand filter from tsukuyomi).

Other than that it's a -1 draw when your opponent maxx c.
Cuz either way when u tsukuyomi u will just continue to abc. Your oponent gets 8 hand or 7(trasher) after draw phase. Then u only die when they pull the santa claws or kaiju on you when u draw no traps.

Well lesser extent u can do trasher gold silver a/b/c for double rank 4 when your hand is just poker.

Oh and last very important part: its the most common line i always hear about abc. You have 9 bad hand cards (literally abc). Drawing multiples means your in a bad situation especially going first.
Of course you can still be hit by Crystal Wing. They would still just hit the xyz monster anyway.

Being inherent doesn't necessarily make it a -1 with "C", they can just drop it at the start of your MP1. Sure it isn't as good, but it's the same thing.

I still don't think it's that good. I would rather fuel the graveyard and make an Infinity with Galaxy Soldier while still having the gadgets make my rank 4s.
For crystal wing you have hope lightning fthe r4 play.

Well the shift from galaxy build to rank 4 for me was after a few weeks of not playing so i don't have all the reasons why its better but there has to be some reason why everyone dropped the galaxy engine ater the first month for more traps and the r4 engine.
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

LabSig:Kamikon Wolf

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 3:19 am

Crystal Wing just negates Utopia Lightning though, right? I still don't see how that's an out.

I noticed that as well. Everybody dropped Soldier for Thrasher and I just can't figure out a decent reason why. The only reason I can figure out is that the engine takes up 6 spaces in the main.
X X

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:18 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Crystal Wing just negates Utopia Lightning though, right? I still don't see how that's an out.

I noticed that as well. Everybody dropped Soldier for Thrasher and I just can't figure out a decent reason why. The only reason I can figure out is that the engine takes up 6 spaces in the main.
Lightning has "opponent cannot activate effects until end of dmg step" passive.

Well several builds trends i see are 2 pot 3 upstart no hand traps with maxed anti spell. Seems like an allout counter to pendulum. Then theres like 2-4 solemn series traps and 0-3 dimension barrier though the latter is just bad against blue eyes.

For the change part only visible difference is when you get bricky hands its not so bad (unless its the 9) and for cases when your field is broken (ppl did side lava golems) you dont draw into dead stuff like 3rd soldier/trans turn.
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 9:49 am

ventes183 wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Crystal Wing just negates Utopia Lightning though, right? I still don't see how that's an out.

Lightning has "opponent cannot activate effects until end of dmg step" passive.

Well several builds trends i see are 2 pot 3 upstart no hand traps with maxed anti spell. Seems like an allout counter to pendulum. Then theres like 2-4 solemn series traps and 0-3 dimension barrier though the latter is just bad against blue eyes.

For the change part only visible difference is when you get bricky hands its not so bad (unless its the 9) and for cases when your field is broken (ppl did side lava golems) you dont draw into dead stuff like 3rd soldier/trans turn.
Never even noticed that effect, lol. Thanks.

Well the banlists are very different now, so it will be interesting to see what build the TCG goes for.
X X

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Tue Sep 13, 2016 4:37 pm

Updated deck again, took out Galaxy Soldiers.

I like them, but if I have to budget for Strikes... Soldiers are not going to be part of the deck, at least not initially.

Decided to add rafflesia so that I have some defensive plays, even when I only open the ability to make a rank 4.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
MysticJhn wrote: Why did I lock this thread?
The last 3 pages.

Vindication
Rare Duelist

Post by Vindication » Thu Sep 22, 2016 8:54 pm

Thrasher is the most important card in this deck, it's how you not lose to Maxx "C." Run 3
The Gadgets are pretty meh because Gigant X is only good in this deck game 2 for searching Cycle Reader/Quarantine, and Gigant is the only thing Gadgets can make that Thrasher can't.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Sep 22, 2016 10:52 pm

Vindication wrote:Thrasher is the most important card in this deck, it's how you not lose to Maxx "C." Run 3
The Gadgets are pretty meh because Gigant X is only good in this deck game 2 for searching Cycle Reader/Quarantine, and Gigant is the only thing Gadgets can make that Thrasher can't.
Giving your opponent one more card is losing to Maxx "C"? Is it really appropriate to say you lose to Maxx "C" even while it's at 2?
X X

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 5:53 pm

Thrasher doesn't start a chain, so long as they don't preemptively Maxx C it isn't 1 more card.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Sep 23, 2016 9:10 pm

Lord dragon wrote:Thrasher doesn't start a chain, so long as they don't preemptively Maxx C it isn't 1 more card.
Im aware
X X

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 9:42 pm

updated build for hand traps
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sat Sep 24, 2016 10:22 pm

Lord dragon wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Updated build
-1 Gold
-1 Silver
+2 Thrasher

-1 Frontline Base
+1 ROTA

Don't really like the Veilers, but it's up to you. Let me know how E-Tele goes for you. Seems like a cool tech.
X X

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:01 am

Honestly, I don't like the veilers either. But I was struggling to fill the last several slots. So Hand Traps

Depending on the deck I face, its... Floodgate-y? I mean playing around it while its on the field can be irritating. Or its about the only way I summon Clear Wing, but that hasn't come up yet.

I really wish Galaxy Soldier wasn't so expensive, really like that build.
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.

ventes183
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by ventes183 » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:30 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
Lord dragon wrote:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Updated build
-1 Gold
-1 Silver
+2 Thrasher

-1 Frontline Base
+1 ROTA

Don't really like the Veilers, but it's up to you. Let me know how E-Tele goes for you. Seems like a cool tech.
clear wing should be ancient fairy instead tho imo...

u can drop the bottomless for notice.

TBH for blue-eyes, abc mirror, foze veiler is so-so and not a sure game changer. 4 hand traps in the deck is enough. can try adding pot or anti-spell in, personal preference is 2..
OCG Player/Judge

さ、デュエル!

Lord dragon
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Lord dragon » Tue Sep 27, 2016 11:57 am

Why would I even run AFD over clear wing?
Signature By DFB, maybe.
Majespecter Catastrophe
NANANA
The last 3 pages.