Shooting Quasar Synchrons

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
VillainFan42
Common Duelist

Shooting Quasar Synchrons

Post by VillainFan42 » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:21 pm

I have 3 main decks in my head I want to try using. One of them is a Synchron deck. Synchrons have always been one of my favorite archetypes and I want to do a major deck with them. So, here's what I got.

There are a few things I'm on the fence about. First, Doppelwarrior. It's always been too risky of a card for my liking, but I thought I'd try it out. Another card I really want to use is Scapegoat. Thanks to a loophole in the rules, I could activate it on my opponent's turn and then use the scapegoats as Synchro material, but it may end up just crowding the field. Feedback is much appreciated!

VERSION 2 UPDATE:

At dracostrike's advice, I dumped most of the traps in favor of more consistency. I also decided to throw in Spell Striker, because at this point it's pretty easy to summon and search. I couldn't narrow it down to just 25 monsters. Oh well, close enough I guess.

Deck List:

Monsters (26):
Junk Synchron x3
Jet Synchron x3
Quickdraw Synchron x3
Synchron Explorer x2
Synchron Carrier x2
Level Eater x2
Quillbolt Hedgehog x2
Maxx "C" x2
Doppelwarrior x2
Spell Striker x2
Dandylion x1
Mathematician x1
Glow-Up Bulb x1

Spells (15):
Tuning x3
Mystical Space Typhoon x3
Twin Twisters x2
Scapegoat x1
Book of Moon x1
One for One x1
Foolish Burial x1
Soul Charge x1
Raigeki x1
Reinforcement of the Army x1

Traps (4):
Starlight Road x2
Solemn Warning x1
Pinpoint Guard x1

Extra Deck (15):
Shooting Quasar Dragon x1
Stardust Warrior x1
Stardust Dragon x1
Road Warrior x1
Junk Destroyer x1
Clear Wing Synchro Dragon x1
Goyo Guardian x1
Drill Warrior x1
T. G. Hyper Librarian x1
Junk Warrior x1
Jet Warrior x1
Accel Synchron x1
Armory Arm x1
Formula Synchron x2
Last edited by VillainFan42 on Fri Jan 13, 2017 7:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Shooting Quasar Synchrons

Post by dracostrike » Thu Jan 12, 2017 2:04 pm

Heya ^^ I hope I can help you out here with your deck but I noticed a few things first :P

I saw that you are running traps in a SQS Deck (Yes, I shortened it cus I'm lazy ^^) and to me, that seems odd. Yes, you want to protect your synchros and deal with threats but if you can gain the speed to synchro over 6 times in turn, I would prioritise that. I would remove the elements like traps which slow down the deck and add cards which would put the fast deck into overdrive! Search cards like Reinforcement of the Army and Tuning are great at that and I am glad to see them here.

Also Fleur Synchron seems like it's too slow here tbh XD
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

VillainFan42
Common Duelist

Post by VillainFan42 » Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:59 pm

dracostrike wrote:Heya ^^ I hope I can help you out here with your deck but I noticed a few things first :P

I saw that you are running traps in a SQS Deck (Yes, I shortened it cus I'm lazy ^^) and to me, that seems odd. Yes, you want to protect your synchros and deal with threats but if you can gain the speed to synchro over 6 times in turn, I would prioritise that. I would remove the elements like traps which slow down the deck and add cards which would put the fast deck into overdrive! Search cards like Reinforcement of the Army and Tuning are great at that and I am glad to see them here.

Also Fleur Synchron seems like it's too slow here tbh XD
Hey, thanks for the input!

First off, yeah, Stardust/Quasar do mitigate the threat of spells/traps, but the momentum towards summoning SQD could easily be derailed with a single Compulsory Evacuation Device or Bottomless Trap Hole or Book of Moon or whatnot. Pinpoint Guard is one of my personal favorite cards and allows me to recycle Synchrons (although it's kind of redundant at this point). Starlight Road should be obvious. Point is, it never hurts to be prepared, but maybe that's just me. What cards would you recommend to speed up the deck?

Also, Fleur is here because I wanted a Synchron that was Level 2. Is Nitro Synchron better? Or Road Synchron? Should I just forget it?

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Fri Jan 13, 2017 11:20 am

Well to cover the trap/spell weakness, only 2 MSTs won't cut it ^^ You need some combination of those and Twin Twisters since as you said those shut you down. Personally I love Twin Twisters more, not due to added destruction, but an easy way to drop a monster like Level Eater into the grave :D

Bump the monster count to 25 and the spells to about 15, should be a good number once the trap are removed. Bumping Doppel-Warrior up to 3 and the same to Quickdraw Synchron should make the deck more consistent. I have seen Tuningware open up so many plays in these decks that he should be worth a shot ^^

Stardust Charge Warrior is a nice card to add since it provides more draw-power, also considering how many dark monsters you have, Allure of Darkness maybe a good card to run too.

As to your question about Fleur, I would say drop it and boost the numbers of the monsters I mentioned before ^^

VillainFan42
Common Duelist

Post by VillainFan42 » Fri Jan 13, 2017 8:02 pm

Updated with version 2 decklist. Thanks for the input!

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Tue Jan 17, 2017 4:08 pm

Right before I have a good look, here's a quick tip ^^ Most people skip over deck advice when they don't see a picture over the deck (usually in deck builder form from some kind of application). So I recommend adding a picture next time if you can or even a youtube link to a song to keep people entertained ^^ Small things have big effects ;) Now onto the deck....

You still have traps :P Right, I have an idea why not replace those 4 traps with 3 copies of Royal Decree? That would shut down traps against you and you don't feel the effects of it too ^^

Also see if you can cut down the main deck to 40 for more consistency? I'd say removing Scapegoat would be a start ^^

JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Jan 20, 2017 11:30 am

Doppelwarrior has always been a bit of a winmoar card for me. How is it going for you?

Also, mathematician has never been much use in my deck.

Consider coral dragon instead of goyo for the cambos?
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.