A Deck idea

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
knyteii
Rare Duelist

A Deck idea

Post by knyteii » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:03 pm

This deck is mostly experimental. It's mainly just ideas strewn together. But I thought I thought it would be cool to get your opinions on it.

3 x Beginning Knight
2 x Evening Twilight Knight
1 x Manju of the Ten Thousand Hands (Right now, I only have one).
3 x Black Luster Soldiers - Super Soldier
1 x Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
3 x Mask of Darkness
1 x Red-Eyes Darkness Metal Dragon
2 x A/D Changer
3 x Chaos Sorcerer
2 x Archfiend Eccentrick
3 x Dragonox, the Empowered Warrior
3 x Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon
3 x Dragodies, the Empowered Warrior
3 x Blue-Eyes Chaos MAX Dragon

1 X Mausoleum of White (mainly because I only have one Dragon ravine).
1 x Monster Reincarnation
3 x Enemy Controller
1 x A Feather of the Phoenix
3 x Chaos Form
2 x Mystical Space Typhoon
1 x Foolish Burial
1 x Book of the Moon
2 x Megamorph
1 x Upstart Goblin
2 x Terraforming
1 x Dragon Ravine

2 x Call of the Haunted
3 x Champion's Vigilance
2 x Paleozoic Marrella
1 x Paleozoic Canadia

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: A Deck idea

Post by dracostrike » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:30 pm

Talk about a potent mix ^^ This deck is using so many big monsters yet not truly focusing on any as it's main win condition :/

To be honest, there are a lot of elements within the deck which are making it inconsistent, it's better to focus on one to speed up the deck. Like the blue-eyes part or BLS, etc. Make one of them your main win condition and if the deck still has spare room and synergies well with another, add it too :)
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Thu Feb 09, 2017 6:42 pm

I use to use 1 theme decks. But I found they do not work as well as two themed decks. Also, I have found it easier to counter single theme decks then it is dual theme decks.

dracostrike
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by dracostrike » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:37 pm

knyteii wrote:I use to use 1 theme decks. But I found they do not work as well as two themed decks. Also, I have found it easier to counter single theme decks then it is dual theme decks.
True, it's usually harder to counter a dual them than a single theme due to multiple deck goals, but it's consistency that is a major key to great decks. Being able to make plays each and every duel, providing options if you have an advantage or even at a major disadvantage, this is consistency.

Problem is if you run multiple deck goals, you usually make it harder to win through any of them. Of course, there are exceptions and this is why "engines" are a concept which people use to boost their deck goal by running a set of cards designed to give an outcome which can be used towards that goal. Like say a geargia core could be used for summoning an utopia, which the deck focuses around to push for a win.

If it works well, then you are one step closer to becoming a master builder ^^ (That reference though)

But take care that using too many nearly always clogs your deck and prevents you from playing your plays.
Dnet: dracostrike *Signature created by DFB*
Zeta wrote:DRACO I FORGOT YOUR A PERSON! YO lol!

knyteii
Rare Duelist

Post by knyteii » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:29 pm

Actually, the main focus on the deck is getting the Chaos MAX dragon combo out. The pendulums are mainly for defense. The knights' main purpose is to help bring Chaos MAX Dragon out. The reason for for Black Luster Super Soldier is because he goes well with the knights and Chaos Form. The main reasons for the chaos monsters is because their effects are very handy and they are used with the knights in order to bring out my Chaos MAX Dragon.