Competitive Egyptian Gods

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
HeartoftheCards1
Common Duelist

Competitive Egyptian Gods

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 3:15 pm

I normally make old school decks but I was considering trying to get involved in tournaments, not so much to win as to just have a fighting chance. I still don't care much for the new competitive archtypes so I was wondering:

How could I make a competitive deck that featured all three (five technically) Egyptian Gods. So Obelisk, Slifer, and Ra's three variants. I was thinking using gadgets as tribute material and already have some of the good spells like mound of the bound and the true name + card advance, ties of brethren.

I am particularly interested in any level 4 Xyz cards that will help with swarming the field.

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Re: Competitive Egyptian Gods

Post by xion52998 » Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:45 pm

You can't put 5 in a deck and be somewhat competitive
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Obelisksummoner
Common Duelist

Post by Obelisksummoner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:09 am

Agreed you need to pick one god card and stick with it

HeartoftheCards1
Common Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:02 am

I more or less knew that, for conversations sake what would you give to a RA only deck. Is Disciple worth over nimble cards, and are gadgets viable? Still interested if any rank 4 Xyz's have any synergy for field swarming or tributing.

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:05 pm

Disciple is hot garbage, gadgets are slow, nimble are slow

The only tribute engine you should bother considering is pendulum magicians, anything else is too slow, too inconsistent, and too weak.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.

HeartoftheCards1
Common Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm

Do you think Disciple would be better in an obelisk or slifer deck? Since they don't work for ra's sphere or phoenix modes i mean.

I am not very familiar with pendulums in general, could you give an example?

xion52998
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 3:41 pm

HeartoftheCards1 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:46 pm
Do you think Disciple would be better in an obelisk or slifer deck? Since they don't work for ra's sphere or phoenix modes i mean.

I am not very familiar with pendulums in general, could you give an example?
Disciple is not good. At all. No matter the circumstance, it is bad. Never consider using it.

For pendulums I'm talking about cards like wisdom eye magician, oafdragon magician, etc. They are getting a pack soon in the TCG where you will find cards like black fang magician. Alternatively, you could try a performapal build focusing on performapal pendulum sorcerer.

Obelisksummoner
Common Duelist

Post by Obelisksummoner » Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:36 pm

If you like old school decks what about Sacred Beasts? You can add them all in the deck and they can fusion and they just got I think three maybe two new cards of support.

HeartoftheCards1
Common Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:09 pm

I'm like even older-school cards than that haha, I generally stick to cards from the original anime era. The gods are just cooler than the sacred beasts in my opinion but I did see their new support cards and was considering creating a deck for uria, really wish its name wasn't so close to urine.

Thanks for pendulum names, I'll look more into that.