Lemuria Wetlands Frog Ice Barrier Deck

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Joseph Yugioh
Common Duelist

Lemuria Wetlands Frog Ice Barrier Deck

Post by Joseph Yugioh » Wed Apr 05, 2017 10:18 pm

Hello, I'm quite new to building decks, so I wanted to start of with something quite light.
I originally played a frog wetlands deck, but it eventually evolved into this.
It's more of a fun deck, but I wanted advice on its seriousness or potential.
Only cards that aren't on any banlist please.

I thought I'd introduce it first, then explain a bit afterwards how the deck works.
The deck is a mixture of Frog and Ice Barrier cards, utilising the field spells "Lemuria, the Forgotten City" and "Wetlands".
Here it is:

Total (40):

Monsters (18):
3x Cryomancer of the Ice Barrier
3x Dewdark of the Ice Barrier
3x Prior of the Ice Barrier
2x Dupe Frog
2x Flip Flop Frog
2x Ronintoadin
2x Unifrog
1x Submarine Frog

Spells (17):
3x Lemuria, the Forgotten City
3x Swords of Revealing Light
3x Terraforming
3x Medallion of the Ice Barrier
2x Wetlands
2x Salvage
1x Surface

Traps (5):
3x Mirror Force
2x Torrential Reborn

Extra (12) (All XYZ):
2x Number 45: Crumble Logos the Prophet of Demolition
2x Number 96: Dark Mist
2x Abyss Dweller
2x Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark
2x Number 73: Abyss Splash
2x Number C73: Abyss Supra Splash

Explanation:
I'll split it up into three scenarios, depending on if a field spell is drawn and which one.

Without Field Spells:
The deck does decently at holding up play in order to draw a field spell.
Flip Flop Frog can bounce cards. Particularly good with face up defensive frogs.
Dupe frog draws attention, and ronintoadin can be summoned from the grave by banishing another frog card.
Dewdark can still hit 1200 direct.
Can be used to XYZ summon a level 2 such as "Crumble Logos the Prophet of Demolition" or "Dark Mist".

Wetlands:
Wetlands turns the Ice Barrier cards into brilliant beaters.
Dewdark with Wetlands allows for a 2400 direct attack, Prior can be special summoned with 2200atk and Cryomancer has 2500atk.
It also has a decent effect on the frogs (Submarine Frog 2400 piercing/Unifrog 1600 direct atk), but nothing major.

Lemuria, the Forgotten City:
Firstly adds 200atk and 200def to all water - makes a subtle difference.
Prior's special summon with lemuria easily allows for some good level 4 XYZ summoning.
Played correctly this can lead on to easy level 5 and 6 XYZ summons.
In particular "Abyss Splash" which can have an atk of 5200 with lemuria (although halved damage).
Or "Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark", which in effect has 3800atk with lemuria.

It often feels like the deck can create big chances from very little.
It would be great to see what you think of it and offer some suggestions as to how to improve.

Thanks, and greatly appreciated,
Joseph :)

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Lemuria Wetlands Frog Ice Barrier Deck

Post by xion52998 » Thu Apr 06, 2017 2:56 am

Beaters aren't good unless they can get to 3.5k on the normal summon OR be able to plus ie megalo.

If you want to play frogs, your best bet would be Toadally Awesome with Paleozoic cards as an option. If you want to play ice barriers, you can try something with prior and strategist to make Bahamut Shark to summon Toad.

Basically, in ygo you have to lock the opponent out or be able to kill them in one turn with minimal to no setup, otherwise the deck isn't that great. As such, the best water decks in terms of viability are Paleozoic and frogs, then Atlantean and mermail, then toad summoning decks that can do other things as well like heroes or nekroz
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

Re: Lemuria Wetlands Frog Ice Barrier Deck

Post by Raphaelsia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 12:38 pm

Dragon Spider Shark is Rank 4, but I'm not raining on your frog parade, I actually used to like decks like this on my Zexal game :p
Speaking of which!!
Since your able to do a good range of Xyz summons, Could I recommend a full 15 extra? Its very cheapish at maybe $20 atm doing so without Toadally Awesome, but as Xion has said, it could drastically needed, downside is a single copy of Toadally would cost as much as a video game right now. :/

2 Abyss Dweller
(A R4 I'd recommend making whenever you can to further boost your WATER monster's ATK. (+Wetland aftewwards can be devastating, R4)
2 Armored Kappa
(You can replace 1 (or both if lucky) with Toadally whenever you got one, but this can be used to provide a anti-destruction effect, both are R2)
1 Bahamut Shark
(You won't make this as much, may not want to, but again, the effect is really nice summoning Rank 3 or lower Water monsters from the extra deck, R4)
2 Cat Shark
(I recommend this at 2, as long as Water monsters are the materials, it can't be destroyed by battle, and also can Double the ATK of a Water monster you control, R2)
2 Full Armored Black Ray Lancer
(Its a R4 that can be summoned with a R3 or lower Water monster with no material, gets a attack boost, and a one time anit-destruction effect if SS'd that way, the other way of summoning I don't recommend whatsoever)
1 Full Armored Crystalzero Lancer
(Has a lot of neat effects I can't really explain atm, but one is being similar to anti-destruction of 101 can easily have 3-4 Materials, plus the ATK gain is a bonus, R6)
1 Number 101: Silent Honor Ark
(This has gotten really cheap nowadays, but if you know what 101 does, I won't explain, R4)
1 Number 37: Hope Woven Dragon Spider Shark
(You apparently knew this card so I'm hoping you knew the OTK ability of this, R4)
1 Number 47: Nightmare Shark
(Mainly something that can be summoned with Bahamut, used for Black Ray, and can fetch its own material from hand or graveyard being a Level 3 or lower Water monster to use for a direct attack, R3)
2 Number 94: Crystalzero
(Negates the effects of everything on the field, the plus side of this is you can use it for the summon of the Crystalzero Lancer, R5)
Signature created by: Raphaelsia