Cyber Geargia Mk-IV

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
MosquitoAM
Common Duelist

Cyber Geargia Mk-IV

Post by MosquitoAM » Mon Jul 17, 2017 11:44 pm

After many play tests, edits, and even playing the old 5d's world championship 2010 I came across some cards I can't believe I forgot about...

however this is my current/probably final results for the Cyber Dragon, Geargia strategy. I like what it became even if it can't hold up against tier 1 decks. It's still a fun deck to play, and I'm more or less just happy I came up with my own deck idea, with theme and strategy without copying some list or watching others.

Deck x40
Monsters x26
Cyber Dragon x2
Cyber Dragon Core x2
Cyber Dragon Drei x3
Cyber Eltanin x2
Geargiaccelerator x3
Geargiano x3
Geargiano Mk-II x2
Geargiano Mk-III x2
Geargiauger x2
Jumbo Drill x3
Machina Fortress x2

Spells x9
Cyber Repair Plant x2
Instant Fusion x2
Limiter Removal
Machine Duplication x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2 (could probably use Twin Twisters)

Traps x5
Compulsory Evacuation Device (could probably use Solemn Strike if had)
Geargiagear x3
Solemn Warning

Extra Deck x15
Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
Cyber Dragon Infinity x3
Cyber Dragon Nova x3
Cyber End Dragon
Gear Gigant X x3
Panzer Dragon x2
Wind-Up Zenmaines x2

A big change in the deck is Cyber Eltanin which is a great way to clear a field if you lose control. It won't work in ALL situations, but the fact it 'sends' beats a lot of anti destruction. Though with effect negation I run into, I feel it doesn't matter either way. Machina Fortress is more or less a nice filler beat stick I threw in, A big problem I could run into is having a ton of cards in hand, so I knew having that extra monster to throw away from some damage would be good, another reason I thought twin twisters could work.

It's fun how many different ways you can make a 5 star xyz summon with these cards, though those same tricks can often be used to squeeze and extra 3 or 4 star xyz monster into the mix on some turns.

It's biggest flaw, that I find is that if you're up against a speed tier 1 deck you often get over run on a level of watching your opponent take 5 minutes to do 1 turn with 20 cards getting played. But really I don't find that fun anyway and would prefer not to duel them anyway as I find a lot of people take this game way to seriously.

But for a fun casual deck that's not TOO powerful but still being fun to play, this is definitely my go to.