Radiant Traptrix Predaplant (Work in progress)

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

Radiant Traptrix Predaplant (Work in progress)

Post by Raphaelsia » Thu Aug 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Monsters: 20
1 Glow-Up Bulb
2 Goblindbergh
3 Lonefire Blossom
3 Predaplant Ophrys Scorpio
1 Predaplant Darlingtonia Cobra
1 Predaplant Chlamydosundew
3 Traptrix Dionaea
3 Traptrix Mantis
3 Traptrix Myrmeleo

Spells: 6
3 Card of Demise
1 Foolish Burial
1 Polymerization
1 Soul Charge

Traps: 14
1 Bottomless Trap Hole
2 Break Off Trap Hole
2 Floodgate Trap Hole
1 Imperial Order
2 Pollinosis
1 Solemn Strike
1 Solemn Warning
1 Time-Space Trap Hole
2 Traptrix Trap Hole Nightmare
1 Torrential Tribute

Extra: 15
1 Decode Talker
1 Gaia Saber, the Lightning Shadow
3 Missus Radiant
1 Predaplant Chimeraffelsia
1 Starving Venom Fusion Dragon
1 Black Rose Dragon
1 Naturia Beast
1 Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer
1 Number 101: Silent Honor Ark
1 The Phantom Knight of Break Sword
1 Tornado Dragon
2 Traptrix Raffelsia

Main idea is to get Missus and either Decode or Gaia on the field as quick as possible while maintaining field control with Traptrix Raffelsia. This is done a pretty fair number of ways. The Predaplant engine is primarily used to scope out Polymerization or Sundew (depending on hand) and can both be used to quickly establish Chimeraffelsia or Starving Venom. Cobra + Scorpio can also be used for Break Sword plays. GUB is mainly for Naturia Beast, but having Black Rose doesn't hurt either as I can either nuke when in trouble or use her secondary effect for momentum when the opportunity arises. :)

This was my main idea of how to utilize Link Format to my fullest with Traptrix. And it's not perfect either. So advice is welcome^^
(Btw, Break Off Trap Hole is too good not to use in Links. And I have no money for Firewall or Bomber)
Signature created by: Raphaelsia

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Radiant Traptrix Predaplant (Work in progress)

Post by moonsaber » Tue Aug 29, 2017 10:49 pm

Way too many normal summons.

Way too many monsters and special summons to effectively use demise. Desires just seems better as the deck currently stands.

The fusions kinda suck relative to the popular decks, the starving venom card is pretty decent vs pure zoo but its unlikely they dont have outs to it given the amount of tech cards they play also you have to make it using your board presence which is awkward.

Your deck plays very few ways to deal with boards going second.

You really need to be able to solve problems like this.I dont think that the traptrix cards and the predaplant cards have that much synergy, maybe with brilliant fusion but even then probably not. I would just pick one of them and then streamline your deck a bit more accordingly. Right now it just feels like it's trying to do things which are at odds with one another.

Since it seems like traptrix is your thing (i assume from the name) i would recommend just doing something like

-3 lonefire
-5 predaplants
-2 goblindbergh
-1 glow up bulb

-1 foolish
-1 poly

+1 raigeki
+2 dark hole
+3 pot of desires
+1 upstart goblin
+3 pot of duality

-2 break off trap hole
-1 time space trap hole
-2 pollinosis
-1 strike (good card but awkward going second and vs true draco)
-1 trap trix trap hole nightmare

+1 floodgate trap hole (amazing card right now)
+3 back to the front (pseudo trap threat which gets around demise, also good on myrmeleo)
+3 call of the haunted (pseudo trap threat which gets around demise, also good on myrmeleo)
+3 mirror force (helps with the fact that you have few threats)

The problem with this deck would be that it lacks threats and it struggles to clear master peace. It is hard to get around that with traptrix though. One option you could try is replacing demise/duality with gofu (one card missus radiant plus level 5 tuner which is kinda cool cos missus can add back any traptrix) and some other kind of threat but demise is probably just too good to pass up in a deck like this and is also better at helping you to dig for answers to master peace.

On the plus side your deck will be very flexible with side deck options and you should open with much more powerful and consistent plays going first. Your backrow will also be much more diverse allowing you to deal with a multitude of threats in different ways.
Last edited by moonsaber on Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

moonsaber
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by moonsaber » Wed Aug 30, 2017 5:44 am

Bumping as ive added some extra information since i had a bit of extra time. Hope it helps you out :)
D Net Username: Moonsaber
Australian Nationals 2015 Top 64 (9th in swiss)
Oceanic championship 2015 Top 8 (2nd in swiss)
YCS Sydney 2016 Top 8 (5th in swiss)

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

Post by Raphaelsia » Sun Sep 10, 2017 3:10 pm

Thanks for the help moonsaber, I've just haven't had time to log in and reply.

For 1, I just generally hate Desires. To me it just seems like a hindrance rather than a plus. Yes, the deck thinning is nice, but not at the expense of the huge risk of using it. Running only 9 monsters...which is what you're suggesting, means I could potentially destroy myself for my opponent without them even trying by banishing all of my monsters on accident. Which will give me poor field position other than the traps (which I'll eventually run out of) and no way of coming back from it.

Now, Predaplants, I had already gave up on this version of Traptrix, because like you said, too many Normal Summons, But as for Lonefire Blossom and GUB. Lonefire itself creates lots of plays as does GUB. Not to mention GUB is my only way of summoning Naturia Beast. Which is too good NOT to run in something especially like Traptrix.

As far as the other add-ins you mentioned, I can generally do those, that's not a issue. I just feel Desires would be too much of a hindrance here, maybe not in other decks, but when you've played Traptrix since HAT like me. I just feel like I do have other opinions & ideas of what to run. As I've been playing Traptrix generally from the start even before HAT and know of what they're flaws are.

Again, I'm not questioning how you play or anything, you've probably got the best opinions around here for all I know, I just didn't like a few of the suggestions because of prior experiences and that I just don't like Desires no matter how beneficial it is. Because with Traptrix, I can't afford a lot of risks and need as much field position as I can and the possibilities with Desires on what I could be potentially lose with it is pretty endless, even if I do draw 2 cards after it. That being said, its a great card, I just don't feel its a great card when it comes to "specifically" for Traptrix.
Signature created by: Raphaelsia