Master of Dark Magic

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
Dragon in the Vapor
Common Duelist

Master of Dark Magic

Post by Dragon in the Vapor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:54 pm

Been running a version of this deck since LoB. Just a lot of old school fun with modern support.

Monsters

Magician's Robe x2
Magician's Valkyria x2
Magician's Rod x3
Skilled Dark Magician x3
Dark Magician of Chaos
Dark Magician Girl x2
Magician of Dark Illusion x2
Dark Magician x3

Note: I don't know why people don't use Skilled Dark these days. Yeah, it's slow, but it's still is another way to get Dark Magician out, an Allure target and a level 4 1900 beatstick.

Spells

Dark Burning Attack
Dedication through Light and Darkness
Raigeki
Sage's Stone
Allure of Darkness x2
Dark Magic Attack x2
Dark Magic Veil x2
Magic Formula x2
Mystical Space Typhoon x2
Thousand Knives x2

Traps

Cursed Seal of the Forbidden Spell
Eternal Soul
Magicians' Defense
Dark Renewal x2
Mirror Force x2

Note: As you can tell the Spells/Traps are a mix of competitive and casual. Which I think suits this deck well. I stand behind Cursed Seal which has been in this deck for many years now. You time it out right and you can seriously hinder a deck.

This deck does have an extra deck and side deck, but both are set up mostly for Dark Paladin. There are some more cards of the Dark Mage fam in there as well. But I will only post them on request...The are [expletive deleted] in my opinion.

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Master of Dark Magic

Post by xion52998 » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:19 pm

Eternal Soul, Dark Magical Circle, and Magician Navigation are the only cards that make Dark Magician worth playing. Focus on those cards and you'll find more success.

Also Cursed Seal is really bad. It just negates a spell card, but the only ones worth negating can be hit by Ghost Ogre or Ash Blossom which are better in every way.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.