Spellcounter Deck Advice

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
dbzcat
Rare Duelist

Spellcounter Deck Advice

Post by dbzcat » Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:26 pm

Hello all :) I haven't posted on here in forever and I have obviously changed my decks since that last time I did post. With the addition of the link monsters and the way it changed the game I thought I'd get some advice on my current decks. What do you guys think? What can I do to improve it? Do you think that these will run well in tournaments? And as always, Thanks so much for any and all advice or constructive criticism.

Okay so second is my Spellcounter Deck. I want to be able to kill using spellcounters so right now it seems my only option is Temptest so thats what I have it set as.
ALSO I wanted to use them with Slifer card sleeves (not with yugi but just slifer) so does anyone know of any anywhere for purchase? Thanks so much!

Monsters:
Palladium Oracle Mahad
Chaos Sorcerer
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Night's End Sorcerer X2
Fabled Raven X2
Plaguespreader Zombie X2
Marshmallon
Copycat
Alchemist of Black Spells
Crusader of Endymion X2
Magical Abductor X2
Breaker the Magical Warrior
Magical Exemplar
Maiden of Macabre
Defender, the Magical Knight
Chocolate Magician Girl
Magical Something
Magician's Valkyria

Spells:
Swords of Revealing Light
Magical Citadel of Endymion X2
Wave-Motion Cannon X2
Raigeki
Mystical Space Typhoon X3
Spell Power Grasp X3
Level Limit - Area B

Traps:
Scrap-Iron Scarecrow
Pitch-Black Power Stone
Gagagashield X2
Gravity Bind
Dimensional Prison

Extra:
Temptest Magician X3
Explosive Magician
Arcanite Magician
Number 82: Heartlandraco X3

EightyAte
Common Duelist

Re: Spellcounter Deck Advice

Post by EightyAte » Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:26 am

Yo, I saw your deck and tbh I thought i'd try my hand at it, ran some playtests and modified some cards, took some out, put some in. I like it so much now that I think i'll keep this edit myself for later tuning, don't be afraid any adjustments I make i'll let you know.. without further ado this is what I had in mind for you, its sorta different but I think you'll love the draw power and consistent spells you should get to drop often.

Monsters:

x2 Crusader of Endymion
x2 Magical Something
x2 Mythical beast Basilisk
x2 Magical Exemplar
x2 Magical Abductor
x1 Maiden of Macabre
x1 Defender, the Magical Knight
x1 Chocolate Magician Girl
x2 Breaker the Magical Warrior
x1 Mythical Beast Medusa
x1 Royal Magical Library
x2 Mathematician
x2 Plaguespreader Zombie
x1 Crystal Seer

Spells:
x2 Galaxy Cyclone
x1 Raigeki
x2 Card of Demise
x1 Upstart Goblin
x2 Terraforming
x2 Spell Power Grasp
x1 Magical Mallet
x2 Moon Mirror Shield
x2 Magical Citidel of Endymion

Traps:

x1 Jar of Avarice
x2 Pitch-Black Power Stone

Extra Deck:

x1 Arcanite Magician
x1 Explosive Magician
x3 Tempest Magician
x3 Heartland Draco

Too be honest I really only ever use Tempest, I would usually get 5-13 spell counters on citadel if it was left in-checked.. Was pretty cool to see 8k damage go through. As for the others they seem mediocre to perhaps better rank 4's or lv 4-8's. check out toolbox extra decks and see what you can make and I mean it would help I suppose, I'm not the expert on that. hopefully someone has better advice for you. Hope you do like and test this. As a fan of BLS myself I was tearing up taking him out, but tbh you wanna focus on specific win conditions, he's good yes, but lacks the synergy you need for this deck. Can he fit? sure. Are their potentially better options over him? Maybe. Probably. Hope you like it bro!

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: Spellcounter Deck Advice

Post by xion52998 » Mon Nov 20, 2017 8:59 am

If you want to play with spell counters, look into the Mythical Beast archetype. They are pretty strong.
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.