No-Eyes Control

This is the place to tell us about your deck and to give other people feedback on theirs.

Please be nice to new players. Don't expect everyone to be an expert, that is why they are asking for advice, after-all.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

No-Eyes Control

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:05 pm

There are two truths about every Blue-Eyes deck ever we all know.
1) It is a high ATK beatdown strategy.
2) The deck has 3 of the original Blue-Eyes White Dragon monsters in it.

No matter how you build your Blue-Eyes deck, or what particular strategy you use, these are constants.
Well, until now.

As I've been playing Duel Links a lot, I've been using Dragon Spirit of White a lot.
While it is a Level 8 monster with decent (2500) ATK, it does one thing most Blue-Eyes cards do not.
It destroys Spells and Traps.
This is odd, since most other Blue-Eyes effects are only concerned with bringing out Blue-Eyes even faster,
or using them to make monsters with even HIGHER ATK.
Everything is designed to just have a huge ATK, but why?
Blue-Eyes at 3000 ATK already runs over most anything people play, so why does it not have any real Spell & Trap protection? Effect protection?
Dragon Spirit of White also does this without ever actually needing Blue-Eyes.
Summoning Blue-Eyes from your hand is a bonus effect, but not required to do at any point.
So I ask myself, "Can I build a Blue-Eyes deck that is not only a control deck, but has no actual Blue-Eyes White Dragon in it?"
That's why I call this No-Eyes Control. There will technically be no Blue-Eyes (I know, Dragon Spirit technically counts, but that's not in the name).
I might try it on Duel Links as well, because maybe the concept works better there, but I want to try this concept with a real TCG deck.
Consider this deck a work in progress, playing with a theory that Blue-Eyes can be more than a big thug winning on raw ATK power.

Monsters (15)
3x Dragon Spirit of White
3x White Stone of Ancients
3x Protector with Eyes of Blue
2x Sage with Eyes of Blue
3x Ash Blossom & Joyous Spring
Ghost Ogre & Snow Rabbit

Spells (9)
One for One
3x Cards of Consonance
3x Silver's Cry
2x Bingo Machine, Go!!!

Traps (2)
2x Evenly Matched

Extra (9)
3x Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon
3x Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon
Stardust Spark Dragon
2x Borreload Dragon
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Re: No-Eyes Control

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:44 am

I know it’s a non functional deck but how do you make stardust spark?

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Mar 17, 2019 12:29 pm

It can be Special Summoned by Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon.
It's the same way I can Summon Azure-Eyes Silver Dragon without Blue-Eye since it requires a Normal Dragon.
Stardust Spark Dragon can then immediately protect itself from the destruction effect of Blue-Eyes Spirit Dragon at the End Phase.
I don't know if Stardust Spark Dragon will make the final cut, but it'll be in there until I need room for something better.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sun Mar 17, 2019 2:09 pm

I forgot about spirits summoning effect sorry

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Mar 18, 2019 12:23 am

No worries, it's a rarely if ever used card in current Blue-Eyes.
People are much more focused on Alternative, the Chaos Rituals, and the Fusions for the raw beatdown.

Sadly, all three of the Fusions still require "Blue-Eyes White Dragon" and not just a "Blue-Eyes" monsters.
Even the Fusions that were made after the other "Blue-Eyes" monsters and support that only references
"Blue-Eyes" as an archetype don't allow for other Dragons.

By the way, what are some good control cards for the Extra Deck, particularly those that are Link Monsters?
I'm afraid I'm not exactly up and up on Link strategies.
Any other suggestions are welcome as well.
I probably need more Traps.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:37 pm

Well all the knightmare links are great for control they disrupt your opponet by bouncing or destroying their cards also tri-gate wizard but you have to link him right, topologic trisbania is good too but you have to be careful not to banish your own cards but it can banish your opponets spells and then burn em for it borreload is also good to take your opponents monsters for free i might add

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:38 pm

Ningirsu of the world chalice but you need to use links to summon him but he does send cards to the grave without destruction which is really good

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 2:54 pm

As for traps anti-spell fragrance is good if you use it after all your spells eradication epidemic is good too but you need a dark monster with at least 2500 attack but it tell you everything in your opponents field hand and what they draw from 3 turns mmmmh skill drain rivalry of the warlords and that’s all i can think for traps

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Mar 19, 2019 7:09 pm

I've looked at the Knightmares before, but their Link Arrows are so odd, really designed to Extra Link, something I can't really pull off.
Tri-Gate Wizard I don't think I can use efficiently in this deck, especially since it has no effects without co-linking.
Topologic Trisbaena is another I feel would hurt me more than help.
Ningirsu the World Chalice Warrior I doubt I could even make enough Link Monsters to Summon him.
That's one thing Blue-Eyes doesn't do well, Link Monsters. It has zero Link support since the archetype uses Fusion, Synchro, and Ritual Monsters.

I think in this deck, Anti-Spell Fragrance would hurt me more than help.
Skill Drain is bad since I need all my monster's skills.
Eradication Epidemic Virus doesn't work here since I have mostly LIGHT monsters.
Rivalry hurts me too much, as the Eyes of Blue monsters are Spellcasters, but Dragon Spirit of White and my other big monsters are Dragons.

I think I need something more outside the box for this build since so far all the current meta control cards hurt more than they help.
Blue-Eyes is such a beatdown strategy, this is like trying to train a bear to be a long distance sniper.