Chick-fil-A

You asked for it, you got it. Dave is here so that you can write about other topics. This is not restricted to Yu-Gi-Oh!, Trading Card Games, Video Games, or any other topic specific to the site.
LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Chick-fil-A

Post by LewieGee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:00 pm

Americans! Or non-Americans!

Given recent events and stuff, would you still feel comfortable eating at Chick-fil-a? Or maybe the self-determined "traditional Biblical values" would encourage you to eat there? Did anyone attend Chick-fil-a appreciation day?
:oops:

skyjumper99
Rare Duelist

Re: Chick-fil-A

Post by skyjumper99 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 2:41 pm

I think the media is giving this more attention than it deserves.

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:10 pm

Really? The amount of people attending the appreciation day simply for the anti-gay message being promoted seems newsworthy.

Desidious
Super Rare Duelist

Post by Desidious » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:14 pm

When it comes to topics like this, (homosexuality and same sex marriage), opinions of individuals or companies are just that, opinions. If they put up posters of hitler in their stores or killed puppies out back (very extreme examples) then no I wouldn't like eating there. Bottom line is they are a fast good restaurant, I don't think there is anything special about their food. I don't even think about going there when I'm hungry. I don't like the food, I don't eat there. Whatever their views and opinions are on homosexuality and same sex marriage has nothing to do with the food content or quality. Just my opinion.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:47 pm

Desidious wrote:When it comes to topics like this, (homosexuality and same sex marriage), opinions of individuals or companies are just that, opinions. If they put up posters of hitler in their stores or killed puppies out back (very extreme examples) then no I wouldn't like eating there. Bottom line is they are a fast good restaurant, I don't think there is anything special about their food. I don't even think about going there when I'm hungry. I don't like the food, I don't eat there. Whatever their views and opinions are on homosexuality and same sex marriage has nothing to do with the food content or quality. Just my opinion.
I'd agree with that, up to a point I guess. I guess I'd be more inclined to agree if I had no opinion on the issue at hand.

I personally wouldn't want to eat at a restaurant that supported anti-gay charities and whose chairman holds such an anti-LGBT stance. I'm not comparing Dan Cathy to Hitler but if I was in the position where an establishment openly discriminated against the LGBT community, and there was a possibility that my money would go to anti-LGBT charities, I'd be sure not to eat there.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 3:55 pm

skyjumper99 wrote:I think the media is giving this more attention than it deserves.
Actually, I agree with this.

Chick-fil-A is like a 3rd or 4th rate chain restaurant as is.
I could probably ramble off a dozen or more restaurants that are more worth my time paying attention to.
I wouldn't care if the president of Chick-fil-A said all Americans should aspire to be Hitler.

I'm a supporter of gay marriage rights in this country, but I just can't find myself to care
that the president of Chick-fil-A is against them.
He really holds no more cards as far as that's concerned than I do.
If it came up for a national vote, his vote is equal to my own.
Agree or disagree, it's his opinion and he has a right to it.

It's just been blown out of proportion.
People should be more concerned about what their political representatives think of gay marriage than the president of Chick-fil-A.
Stage a kiss-in during a tour of the White House instead of wasting your time at a cheap chicken joiint.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:06 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
skyjumper99 wrote:I think the media is giving this more attention than it deserves.
Actually, I agree with this.

Chick-fil-A is like a 3rd or 4th rate chain restaurant as is.
I could probably ramble off a dozen or more restaurants that are more worth my time paying attention to.
I wouldn't care if the president of Chick-fil-A said all Americans should aspire to be Hitler.

I'm a supporter of gay marriage rights in this country, but I just can't find myself to care
that the president of Chick-fil-A is against them.
He really holds no more cards as far as that's concerned than I do.
If it came up for a national vote, his vote is equal to my own.
Agree or disagree, it's his opinion and he has a right to it.

It's just been blown out of proportion.
People should be more concerned about what their political representatives think of gay marriage than the president of Chick-fil-A.
Stage a kiss-in during a tour of the White House instead of wasting your time at a cheap chicken joiint.
Whilst at least your view is consistent whether it be Hitler or the president of a food restaurant, I feel the comments made by Dan Cathy go beyond just holding an opinion. He said that legalized same-sex marriage is mocking God and saying they're calling judgment and wrath upon themselves and the USA. In my opinion, that goes beyond holding a viewpoint and is an attack on a sector of society. Again, like you I care little what Cathy thinks of gay rights but when he actively attacks people I think I'd react differently.

I kind of agree with the kiss-in I think. Much like the chick-fil-a appreciation day, it's a way to get your view noticed in front of the cameras. Something potentially with more coverage then a government protest. If Cathy wants to express his view on homosexuality, then I think it's right the LGBT community can share theirs.

But alas, as an 'outsider' I guess maybe I view things a little differently, perhaps.

Xeros Wrath
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Xeros Wrath » Sun Aug 05, 2012 6:58 pm

I don't even understand why a fast food restaurant has a stance on gay marriage.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
Noble_55 wrote:Besides I don't get why Xeros had Solemn Warning at 2. BTH is WAY better
Flying Elephant wrote:DUELINGNETWORK!
Xero's IRL Deck Den: March 2012-September 2012

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:20 pm

Xeros Wrath wrote:I don't even understand why a fast food restaurant has a stance on gay marriage.
It isn't the restaurant in particular.
It was a loud mouthed person who happened to be the president of Chilk-fil-A.
I'm sure he's probably getting a mouth full from his superiors behind closed doors for causing negative publicity.

It's a business, they want money from everyone at the end of the day, gay or not.
If this starts effecting their sales, I'm sure heads will roll.

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:30 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Xeros Wrath wrote:I don't even understand why a fast food restaurant has a stance on gay marriage.
I'm sure he's probably getting a mouth full from his superiors behind closed doors for causing negative publicity.

It's a business, they want money from everyone at the end of the day, gay or not.

Perhaps unfortunately, though, the stance Dan Cathy has taken has caused a surge in popularity for the chain; a LOT of those who attended Chick-Fil-a Appreciation Day were right-wing Conservatives, many of whom probably hadn't ever eaten there previously, there BECAUSE of Cathy's endorsement of traditional family values. Whether you agree or not, it was potentially a smart business move.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:16 pm

LewieGee wrote:
MysticJhn wrote:

Perhaps unfortunately, though, the stance Dan Cathy has taken has caused a surge in popularity for the chain; a LOT of those who attended Chick-Fil-a Appreciation Day were right-wing Conservatives, many of whom probably hadn't ever eaten there previously, there BECAUSE of Cathy's endorsement of traditional family values. Whether you agree or not, it was potentially a smart business move.
The attendance was higher for the kiss-in than for the Chick-fill_A appreciation day.
By a lot.
And I'm sure their direct competetors are all scheming right now with a way to capitalize on their negative publicity.

But you are right in a way.
Even bad publicity is still publicity.

Zeta
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by Zeta » Sun Aug 05, 2012 11:58 pm

I support gay marriage and I hate what people are doing to chick-fil-a

Businesses have a right to express their opinions even if we don't agree with them.

I might not agree with their view point but I'm not going to crucify them for it, I'll just choose to not eat there anymore.
Thank you Kamikon Wolf for the amazing Sig.

Garnecia Elefantis OTK Victims: dedoombringer, fyreberd52, XYZ Dragon Cannon x4, Arrowblaze, StardustDragon417

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Aug 06, 2012 1:34 am

lol, I've never eaten at Chick-fil-A before anyway.

To be fair, I never really eat out at any fast food joints.
I couldn't even tell you if there's a Chick-fill-A around here.
I haven't seen one in person that I can recollect.

So no matter what he said stupidly, I'm totally uneffected.
I can't even imagine being effected if I was gay based soley on not caring about the cmpany in general.

lol, If I wanted fast food chicken, I'd sooner go to KFC, even before all this. :P :D

Flu
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Flu » Mon Aug 06, 2012 5:24 am

My problem isn't what the guy said.
He's entitled to his opinion, while I don't agree with it, he's protected by the constitution.
My problem with Chick-Filet is the use of corporate dollars to publicly fund homophobic hate groups.
There's a line, and that crosses it for me.

The whole Chick-Filet Appreciation day made me sick to my stomach, but again that is those people's opinion and their right of assembly.
MysticJhn wrote:Also, Flu is right
Cencil45 wrote:Flu is pretty much always right

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 am

Flu the Shy wrote:My problem isn't what the guy said.
He's entitled to his opinion, while I don't agree with it, he's protected by the constitution.
My problem with Chick-Filet is the use of corporate dollars to publicly fund homophobic hate groups.
There's a line, and that crosses it for me.

The whole Chick-Filet Appreciation day made me sick to my stomach, but again that is those people's opinion and their right of assembly.
Oh, so money does actually go there?

I hinted at it at an earlier post but was hesitant because I was unsure if it actually happened or not. Yay Focus on the Family!