Where the SneakerHeads at tho?

You asked for it, you got it. Dave is here so that you can write about other topics. This is not restricted to Yu-Gi-Oh!, Trading Card Games, Video Games, or any other topic specific to the site.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Where the SneakerHeads at tho?

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:55 pm

Star08 wrote:I don't think I have had a new pair for about 2 years and the only reason I'm ever going to get new ones is when I grow out of them.
See, I can't do that.
Little known fact on this website; I actually walk about 4 miles every day for exercise/fun.
That fact has me burning through sneakers relatively quickly.
Literal holes through the soles.
If I'm not replacing my sneakers every 6 months, my toes are scraping the sidewalk like sandpaper.

Now, I know a certain someone will probably claim that's because I buy cheap sneakers.
Trust me on this... the expensive sneakers aren't surviving any longer under these conditions.
All they bring to the game is an expensive nametag.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:39 pm

MysticJhn wrote:
Star08 wrote:I don't think I have had a new pair for about 2 years and the only reason I'm ever going to get new ones is when I grow out of them.
See, I can't do that.
Little known fact on this website; I actually walk about 4 miles every day for exercise/fun.
That fact has me burning through sneakers relatively quickly.
Literal holes through the soles.
If I'm not replacing my sneakers every 6 months, my toes are scraping the sidewalk like sandpaper.

Now, I know a certain someone will probably claim that's because I buy cheap sneakers.
Trust me on this... the expensive sneakers aren't surviving any longer under these conditions.
All they bring to the game is an expensive nametag.
Some of the most durable AND comfortable sneakers are the low priced ones. I think the most comfortable pair i have are around 100$ or less. Lol.
Anyway, show collecting is just a hobby. Most sneaker collections are extremely expensive. Some of the nicest shoes got anywhere from $400-$7000. But again it's just a hobby. Go on youtube and watch sneak peaks if u want, they have CRAZY shoe collections. Mine is pretty humble, and small lol.
"F*** being normal!" ~EMIN3M

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 7:37 pm

It's not my cup of tea, but to each his own.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:06 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:If you're spending $100+ on a pair of shoes, you're doing something wrong.
Fact. Most expensive shoes I've gotten was like $60 or so, but not $100+
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Wed Sep 30, 2015 11:10 pm

LewieGee wrote:
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:If you're spending $100+ on a pair of shoes, you're doing something wrong.
I dunno, like, I balk at it too, but isn't it just the same as spending $$$ on yugioh stuff?
spending money on something you enjoy you know?
Just a matter of opinion really, but they way I see it is, shoes are used to protect your feet from Poop. So I just don't really see the point in spending that much on a shoe.
X X

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 5:54 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
LewieGee wrote:
I dunno, like, I balk at it too, but isn't it just the same as spending $$$ on yugioh stuff?
Just a matter of opinion really, but they way I see it is, shoes are used to protect your feet from Poop. So I just don't really see the point in spending that much on a shoe.
If poop is the primary thing that you're stepping in, you may have bigger issues than the money you spend on shoes.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Thu Oct 01, 2015 7:19 am

Not literally [bleep], lol.
X X

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Wow you guys.... just.... wow. So many people where I live wear expensive shoes... and by expensive i mean $200+. I consider 200-220$ a standard amount when buying shoes. But anyway like I was saying, a good 60-65% of people here rock pricy shoes. And anyone else who doesn't just usually just doesn't have the money for it, which is obviously very understandable. But still, the shoe culture is pretty strong in my area (and NYC in general). I'm just very used to it, I never actually thought about whether people in other places were into shoes or not. But makes sense when you think about it. :lol:

LewieGee

Post by LewieGee » Thu Oct 01, 2015 6:30 pm

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
LewieGee wrote:
Yeah man me too but u know I guess
Most people would say card games are for children, etc

Different strokes etc
:oops:

jwestbro11
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by jwestbro11 » Thu Oct 01, 2015 8:00 pm

The most expensive pair of shoes I had was given to me
Whatever floats your boat I spend most of expendable income on video games and consoles
Everyone needs a hobby
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:Surely you have plenty of normal monsters :lol:
Video Madness
Poetry, Stories, and Fan Fiction Table of Contents

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:41 am

I forgot to post these up yesterday, Lol. I caught bronchitis from my brother and I was sorta sick, I was busy texting people, I had my goddamn eyes glued to these shoes, my ex and her sister kept bothering me to video chat them... and... I can't even say what was going on... It was not fun. But anyway the shoes! I couldn't get up early to buy these. We had to take my brother to the hospital cuz he kept coughing up blood... My mom (who was buyin' 'em for me) was BUSY AF with chores. So these sold out in like just hours, in some stores less than an hour. We got there like 12 hours after they were released. The retail + tax was about 190$. These things were sold out everywhere. Luckily some stores still had a few going anywhere from 240$ to 300$. The price for Jordans go up all the time, for those of you who don't know. Like finding them a week or two after they might be 50$-100$ more, depending on the demand. The hype and demand for these was ridiculously high. So the price had already jumped by 50$+ in just half a day. Which is crazy, this is the first time I've seen that, but I do know it's happened before. Lol. We were searching up and down through all the shoe stores for about two hours. So I was kinda feelin' bad, my mom doesn't ever buy me much, especially expensive stuff, and I didn't wana make her spend a lot of money. My dad just paid the rent, so he was flat broke. I was this close to just abandoning it all together. But these are my fav J's, and the shoes are amazing. So my mom ended up haggling, to get 'em for 230$. :roll:
All in all, these came out on a bad day for me. I couldn't be there early to get 'em so... ehh, we lost 40$ on it, it's not the end of the world. I personally thought that it was worth it. These shoes are amazing. They're reeaalllyyy sexy. They're my babies now. Amazing suede on 'em. Just amazing detailing. They're ridiculously comfortable. You can sleep with these on.

Tl; Dr.
Here are my babies<3
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

XYZ Dragon Cannon

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Sun Oct 04, 2015 11:02 am

sgtc1 wrote:I caught bronchitis from my brother
Ain't nobody got time for that.
X X

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:39 am

XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
sgtc1 wrote:I caught bronchitis from my brother
Ain't nobody got time for that.
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right
Bye YCG, thanks for all the good times.

antsy8
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by antsy8 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 11:00 am

Lewie is right there, if you're spending $100 on carboard, you're doing something wrong. See, same principle aye.
I got myself a new pair of Nike air force 1's the other day. Pink, orange and blue soul, grey tick and white for the rest. They look pwetty :3
I spend too much money on shoes, but then again, I don't buy them often. Probs get a pair a year, but they aren't usually cheap.
Image___________
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
dedoombringer wrote:Doomster is when I "hulk" up and crush dragons.
Feel free to duel me on DN, name: antsyo

sgtc1
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by sgtc1 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:41 pm

antsy8 wrote:Lewie is right there, if you're spending $100 on carboard, you're doing something wrong. See, same principle aye.
I got myself a new pair of Nike air force 1's the other day. Pink, orange and blue soul, grey tick and white for the rest. They look pwetty :3
I spend too much money on shoes, but then again, I don't buy them often. Probs get a pair a year, but they aren't usually cheap.
Lol, do I smell a casual seakerhead lurking around?