Britain is dead

You asked for it, you got it. Dave is here so that you can write about other topics. This is not restricted to Yu-Gi-Oh!, Trading Card Games, Video Games, or any other topic specific to the site.
Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Britain is dead

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Thu Jun 30, 2016 5:49 am

Zanrith wrote:So we're just going to post memes instead of having a legitimate discussion of the topic at hand. Thanks for reminding me that this is YCG, posting place of ChaosDragon.
Ian for mod 2016
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:00 am

Zanrith wrote:So we're just going to post memes instead of having a legitimate discussion of the topic at hand. Thanks for reminding me that this is YCG, posting place of ChaosDragon.

I can seriously imagine a Texas vote going through for the state to leave the union after the successful Brexit vote. If anything, the Brexit vote has given the movement a massive amount of appeal to help it spread throughout Texas.
The economic fallout for the United States would not go well. Texas' economy alone, for one thing, is larger than that of many countries across the world.
There would need to be new laws written, new trade agreements disputed and resolved, and billions of dollars spent.
Economically, it's probably a terrible choice.
Do Texans care? We'll have to see.
I don't recall posting any meme's but okay. I don't think using a reference through typing is considered a meme unless you use a photo in contribution to the statement or action but maybe that's just me.

If Texas did pull through with this act and did actually leave the state it would send a giant message to the big boys upstairs and you know the US Gov will try and do everything to either A.Get Texas back or B.Keep everyone from doing the same.

In all honesty I would approve of it since this can be a perfect start to a better future. The current system is dead and we need a fresh start to a better future.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:13 am

I just feel bad for the people who live in Texas that want to stay
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:51 pm

I had a lengthy conversation with a good friend once about the possibility of a 2nd American Civil War, and its honestly a strong possibility within our lifetime.

If Texas seceds, (which, for those who don't know, it only joined the US on the condition that it could) then it might be the first step towards tearing the faulty system apart and recreating it as a much more effective one.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:55 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:I had a lengthy conversation with a good friend once about the possibility of a 2nd American Civil War, and its honestly a strong possibility within our lifetime.

If Texas seceds, (which, for those who don't know, it only joined the US on the condition that it could) then it might be the first step towards tearing the faulty system apart and recreating it as a much more effective one.
What system is so faulty that Texas leaving will cause collapse?
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:21 pm

pretty sure trump/hillary becoming president will cause a bigger collapse than texas leaving
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:39 pm

Phazed wrote:pretty sure trump/hillary becoming president will cause a bigger collapse than texas leaving
exactly
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.

ChaosDraGon00
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by ChaosDraGon00 » Thu Jun 30, 2016 11:15 pm

Well the system is so faulty it has allowed these two idiots as presidential candidates. Texas leaving might push it but it won't make a big enough ripple to cause another civil war or start a revolutionary change of the current system we would need enough states doing this to do enough. States like Cali, Texas, and other large populated states.
*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*

Nash
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Nash » Fri Jul 01, 2016 3:47 am

Phazed wrote:pretty sure trump/hillary becoming president will cause a bigger collapse than texas leaving
indeed
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:weow all these h8rz rnt 1337 enuf to roll wiv us Nash
#H8uscoztheyaintuz
Zanrith wrote:
Nash wrote:What else do rich people have?
Love for Donald Trump
Signature is obviously by Evilfaic...
Discord: Ian#1337

LewieGee
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by LewieGee » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:28 am

Texas won't leave, thé only reason it's such a powerful state is because it's in the USA

I mean you could say the same about UK and Europe, but...
:oops:

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:31 am

Just answered your own post lmao
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 9:52 am

ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Well the system is so faulty it has allowed these two idiots as presidential candidates. Texas leaving might push it but it won't make a big enough ripple to cause another civil war or start a revolutionary change of the current system we would need enough states doing this to do enough. States like Cali, Texas, and other large populated states.
Ok so Texas has always been a special snowflake in wanting to leave. No other state wants to actually leave at this point, and Texas leaving isn't going to make people go "oh im going to leave america so it can make a change and i can rejoin later".

I agree that the process for choosing the presidential candidates is dumb, but there is little correlation between that and a state leaving.

XYZ Dragon Cannon
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by XYZ Dragon Cannon » Fri Jul 01, 2016 12:09 pm

Oh mah gawd Captain America: Civil War 2!!!!!!!111!!!
X X

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Its not that there's correlation in the process, xion, its that it would be a step on the road to tearing up the current system.
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:20 pm

Wallaceman105 wrote:Its not that there's correlation in the process, xion, its that it would be a step on the road to tearing up the current system.
How though? Texas doesn't want to leave because they think the American system sucks, but because they are idiots who think that they are better than the rest of the country and could do better on their own.

What would make a bigger impact to changing the system is if someone prominent in the political scene and admits on how dumb it is currently.

The current state-federal relationship is fine, the issue is with the government being so influenced by money.