Minecraft

This section is for any other computer or video game that does not have its own section listed above.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Minecraft

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:06 am

Aaaaand even more updates from the world of 1.13.

New World Type Option: Buffet

The long and short of it is that you can now start a game with a single type of biome.
There will be other options to allow that biome to generate like the End City islands, so sort of a floating islands feel.

Could be neat for a challenge.
Maybe trap yourself in something unforgiving like a desert world made of floating islands.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Jul 24, 2018 6:05 pm

For those who are still interested, 1.13 has been released today.

Try it out and go for a swim.
It's fun, although it takes some getting used to like when they changed the boat mechanics.

It's kind of fun when you jump off a cliff into 2 block or deeper water, because you can go right into swimming underwater.
Feels more realistic that way, and swimming is nice and smooth.
The ability to hold shift to get down faster is nice, and swimming has a similar control scheme to flying with the elytra,
so if you're used to that, swimming will feel natural to you.

Also, I had forgotten that stripped logs were going to be a thing, and you can also combine logs to get wood that is all bark.
So now there are all bark forms of wood, and you can strip them to get a block with the stripped wood texture on all 4 sides.
Between those and the basic stripped log, which still has the cut log ends, each tree now has 5 forms you can use it in.
Original, all bark, all stripped, stripped log, and the planks.

Also also, to my surprise (maybe I missed it somewhere), all 6 types of wood have their own trap doors now.
The trap doors match the doors for that wood in style, so there's a LOT of building options now we didn't have before.

It's a great update.

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Thu Aug 16, 2018 1:06 am

Conduits are pretty nice, you can use them to build underwater bases anywhere you want.
Phantoms are annoying af and shouldnt have even been added into the game.
I love most of the new textures. Obsidian looks terrible.
insert clever signature here

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Thu Aug 16, 2018 5:56 pm

I didn't even notice the new textures yet, although my 1.13 world hasn't even gotten to the point yet I'm using obsidian.
I spent most the time just wandering around, checking out new functions and such.
It did look bad if I remember right from way back when they first announced updated textures.
I kinda forgot they were changing them and don't remember which ones were final.

I found a Heart of the Sea, but I didn't pay much attention to conduits and how to build them properly, so I don't know what to do with it.
I'll have to actually look that up when/if I decide to build underwater.
lol, I do want to build a Sealab 2021 style base underwater at one point.

I haven't encountered a Phantom yet, although I wanted to.
I purposely didn't sleep for 3 nights when I started my 1.13 world so I could see one, but none spawned and then it rained.
I hate rain in Minecraft (and irl too, but it's an annoying sound in Minecraft), so I slept just to kill the rain.
I'm also in the habit of sleeping all the time unless I've been mining the days away, so Phantoms won't spawn for me yet.
How bad can they be, though?
Killing them gives you material to fix your elytra, and they can't pass through blocks anymore.
Just imagine how bad you'd find them if their original version stayed and they could phase through blocks.

Still, I remember being on your servers, and you always had bad sleeping habits. :P

I do like the concept of Phantoms, though.
It makes night time and not sleeping scary/difficult again.

Oh, speaking of your server, since you're passing through, could I possibly have that old world as a download?
That most recent one we played where I had that mountain village, and then started that Victorian city across the river
from where you were building a city and leveling the ground.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Oct 24, 2018 6:34 pm

Well, Minecraft staff are already hard at work on the 1.14 update.
"Village & Pillage" Update.

Here's what 1.14 is adding.
The main takeaways so far are stairs & slabs for a lot of new things, bamboo (bamboo forests and jungles
scaffolding (which is made from bamboo)
crossbows (which have 3 unique enchantments)
pillagers ( a new villager type that will raid villages and uses crossbows)
Illager Beasts
Pandas
Berries
Foxes
Cats are going to be separated from ocelots.
Ocelots will no longer be tamable, but a player can gain their trust.
Cats will be spawned as strays, scare off phantoms, and no come in 8 different colors.

And that's just the tip of the iceberg.
This seems like it's going to be another huge update.
Minecraft is starting to look like a planet simulator instead of the simple mining game it used to be.

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:22 pm

Today I found out that the record for playing Minecraft was 35 hours 40 minutes, 2 seconds.
I feel like I could beat that.