Call of Duty: Black Ops

This section is for any other computer or video game that does not have its own section listed above.
hadokenboom25
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops

Post by hadokenboom25 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:40 pm

From what I've seen, even the shotgunners are becoming quite capable, although it is nevertheless difficult to get over the submachine gun hump.

*RandomGuy*
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by *RandomGuy* » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:12 pm

hadokenboom25 wrote:From what I've seen, even the shotgunners are becoming quite capable, although it is nevertheless difficult to get over the submachine gun hump.
I'm really liking the Stakeout atm, maybe I was wrong about the shotguns.

hadokenboom25
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by hadokenboom25 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:54 pm

Yeah, but to be honest, I don't really like the Hs-10 much. the magazine size is small, and unless you're using steady aim pro, it's suprisingly difficult to get any one shots. However, you do reload quickly, so I guess that's a plus.

CanucksFan83
Common Duelist

Post by CanucksFan83 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:37 pm

I'm enjoying the game so far.

Apparently they will be patching the knifes, and using HL Pro on Sam Turrets, and Sentry Guns.

*RandomGuy*
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by *RandomGuy* » Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:13 pm

CanucksFan83 wrote:I'm enjoying the game so far.

Apparently they will be patching the knifes, and using HL Pro on Sam Turrets, and Sentry Guns.

Yeah, they fixed that stuff, amongst other things.

RC-XD is really annoying me atm. It's really annoying getting killed by it, and when my teammate uses one, I'm just thinking "Great, we could have a Spy Plane up now if you weren't such a selfish noob".

Tarkess
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Tarkess » Sun Dec 05, 2010 8:25 pm

I agree with random.

Also, the 74u needs to be nerfed. It may not trumpf EVERYTHING, but it does render the rest of the SMG's useless..

hadokenboom25
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by hadokenboom25 » Sun Dec 05, 2010 11:56 pm

I'd say that they merely need to make the Ak 74u much less accurate, so that, rightfully so, the higher levelled smg's are more accurate and have more recoil. But I think everything else is fine; we don't want everyone running around only with the spectre, that would be boring.

I'm actually very kind when it comes to killstreaks- I never go for individual ones.
My line up is Spy Plane, Sentry Gun and Blackbird.

Tarkess
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Tarkess » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:48 pm

hadokenboom25 wrote:I'd say that they merely need to make the Ak 74u much less accurate, so that, rightfully so, the higher levelled smg's are more accurate and have more recoil. But I think everything else is fine; we don't want everyone running around only with the spectre, that would be boring.

I'm actually very kind when it comes to killstreaks- I never go for individual ones.
My line up is Spy Plane, Sentry Gun and Blackbird.

Also, the G11. Not sure if you've used it, but it's a monster, and it outclasses EVERYTHING. It has the same hipfire as an SMG, lol.

hadokenboom25
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by hadokenboom25 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 11:06 pm

G11 is a beast indeed. Personally, I'm too much of a derp to be able to use the low power scope and the other scopes so I just settle for iron sights and the ammo reload is pretty long. However, it is quite beastly at steady aim like you said and you can get many a kill.

On the other hand, in addition to the above "weaknesses," it is also the last gun of many assault rifles, so I stuck with the Famas, another amazing rifle, 'till I got the cash for a G11. Although the latter of burst weapons were downgraded from the former demigod-snipers that they were, G11 might see more play in the short range game, outshooting smg's.

*RandomGuy*
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by *RandomGuy* » Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:46 pm

G11 is pretty insane, I haven't unlocked it yet, but I've used it in Combat Training and it's awesome.

Still haven't unlocked L96A1. D:

hadokenboom25
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by hadokenboom25 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 1:16 am

I'm actually suprised at how few people even use the G11; I can only think of, like, 4 other people I've seen with it not counting myself. Very underused, but perhaps, for the better. Everyone sticks to the AK-74, Stoner96, L96A1, FAMAS, or just the defaults with the various higher level guys like Spectre and Commando right behind. One drawback that I can think of is that every single bullet has to hit the opponent, and it has to be torso or up-no limbs. With AK-74, all you have to do is just hold down the trigger and you'll get 'em just by spraying.

Either way, ever since I've gotten G11, I have not had a single round where I was not in top 3. And I play all maps, all modes. BTW, has anyone used Hardline with it? I figured it would be obvious but wasn't sure if it was worth it; at the moment I'm using Steady Aim Pro, along with Ghost Pro and Lightweight Pro.

Tarkess
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Tarkess » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 pm

74u is very annoying. Overused, and outclasses the rest of the SMG's.

*RandomGuy*
Ghost Rare Duelist

Post by *RandomGuy* » Wed Dec 22, 2010 5:42 am

Pretty much, PSG-1 > L96A1. In case anyone else likes sniping.

Atm the AUG is the only automatic gun I like.

Tarkess
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Tarkess » Wed Dec 22, 2010 11:40 am

Yeah, I saw BlameTruth post that on twitter.

It's kind of sad how bad the PS3 development team of Treyarch is. The PS3 version of Black Ops is WAY inferior to the 360 version for some odd an unexplained reason - The rez is lower, the framerate is worse, and overall the game kinda just.. Glitches out sometimes.

Laskeri
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Laskeri » Wed Dec 22, 2010 12:39 pm

and of course, my friend is going to pull me into playing this with him...
It's not that it looks like a bad game, it's just that I'm not good at shooters. That's why I play Monster Hunter.

-thePTguy wrote:
echohawk wrote:And the ptguy would ride off into the sunset on a magical unicorn surround by legions of LoLcats. :P
But, wait, I already do that every once in a while ... :P