Hearthstone?

This section is for any other computer or video game that does not have its own section listed above.
Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Re: Hearthstone?

Post by Phazed » Mon Feb 02, 2015 6:58 pm

You don't want to clog your deck with too many 1 and 2 mana drops, as they get rid of your hand control easily, and do almost nothing late game. Generally, I just two 1 mana drops, and a couple more 2 mana drops. Same goes for the higher mana cards.

Some tips:
Never coin a hero power, as it doesn't give you board control.
Try not to trade down (attacking a lower ATK minion with a higher ATK minion) unless you have to in order to live / keep other cards alive.
Try not to waste mana, i.e. using only 5 of the 6 available mana. You can do the same play next turn with your hero power tacked on.
Complete quests for gold or packs! Here is a list of quests. Scroll down to the 'Unique Quests' section to view the hidden quests. You get gold from daily quests and from hidden quests.
Arena is essentially an investment. You pay 150 gold for a guaranteed pack, and you can complete quests in those games. If you win enough games to get at least 50 gold, you broke even. I use Hearth Arena sometimes for my drafting. They tell you which card is better and why, and then they also give you a general overview of your deck, some synergies/combos, and you can also keep track of your records.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 12:22 am

If I only had just two 1 mana minions in my deck, my luck would never draw them in my opening hand and leave me defenseless first turn.

As for Arena, again, I can't even manage to collect 150 gold to buy into it.
I'm always lacking daily quests, and struggle to even 3 times in one day in Play mode for the 10 gold that is worth.
As is I've only got two of my Champions over Level 10, two of them under Level 10, and the other I haven't even tried yet.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 1:22 am

First turn isn't that important. Most 1 mana minions have 1 HP, so many hero powers can destroy them next turn. Also, being defenseless first turn doesn't mean much, as those minions generally have very low ATK.

Your opponent summons a 1/2 minion.
You pass.
Your opponent hero powers your hero, and attacks. You're at 27-28 hp.
You coin a 3 mana minion. You now have board control.
At this point, your opponent has the choice of either trading with their minion + hero power / spell, or attacking face, giving you even more advantage.
= Guide to Hieratics =

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:25 am

That's assuming you go second, though, since it's relying on having the Coin.

Still, I have experienced a "comeback" often enough to understand that maybe it's not just a comeback.
Is there a general card ratio you like to work with?
I know not all the Champions have the same cards, but there's relative levels.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:01 pm

Really depends on the type of deck, and when you want it to have its power spikes.

Aggro, spikes early:
Mech Mage / Zoo Warlock / Zoo Hunter
These decks rely on gaining an early board advantage with a slew of 1-3 mana minions. Very few 4+ mana cards. End the game early. Trade only when needed, otherwise, hit face.
Spoiler:
1 Mana: ~5
2 Mana: ~11
3 Mana: ~9
4+ Mana: ~5
Midrange, spikes midgame:
Paladin / Shaman / Rogue
These decks can trade early, and then start building up good board control in the midgame, only to fall short late. Trade favorably, going for face only when the only other option is to trade down.
Spoiler:
1 Mana: ~2
2 Mana: ~4
3 Mana: ~6
4 Mana: ~8
5 Mana: ~5
6+ Mana: ~4
Control, spikes late:
Warrior, Druid, Priest
Try to sustain and live through the early / mid game. Trade with hero power for Druids, keep minions alive with Priest, stack armor with Warrior.
Spoiler:
1 Mana: ~2
2 Mana: ~2
3 Mana: ~4
4 Mana: ~6
5+ Mana: ~15
Keep in mind, these numbers are just off my head. You can net-deck Heartstone decks from various websites, and most even give you the dust cost to craft each deck. Many people just look for the 0 cost decks, using free basic cards, which are amazing in the right hands—you just need to learn how to pilot it.
= Guide to Hieratics =

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:02 am

I need to ask here because the game doesn't explain it.
Secrets... what are they, how do you earn them or are they cards?
I have one card that activates when a Secret activates, but I don't know how to get one.
I think I had a Secret by accident once, and I've seen the opponent have Secrets a few times now.
Haven't seen any cards which GIVES you a Secret.
Is there a reliable way to get a Secret to use the card with the effect that relies on it, or is that card rubbish since it needs a Secret to go off to work?

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:47 am

Cards that rely on secrets are not very good. Cards that bring secrets out into play (i.e. Mad Scientist) are super good for some decks.
Only 3 classes have secrets right now: Hunter, Mage, and Paladin. They're class cards that you can get from packs, or you get as rewards on your way up to level 20 for each hero, just like the other reward cards. There are also secrets that you can get from Naxxramas.
Secrets only activate on your opponent's turn of they're yours, or activate on your turn when it's your opponent's. They don't go off on the owner's turn.
They count as spells when played (for things like Mana Wyrm), and are essentially the Hearthstone version of Yugioh trap cards.
All Paladin secrets are 1 Mana, Hunter 2 Mana, and Mage 3 Mana.
= Guide to Hieratics =

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 1:44 pm

I know they go off on your opponent's turn, I just thought maybe there was a way to set them up.
One of my most recent games, my opponent had a Secret two turns in a row, so I thought maybe there was a trick to it.
I played Mage a lot when I first started (as does everyone) and only got a Secret once.
Anyway, I only have that one minion that buffs when one of my Secrets activates, so I'll just leave it out of the deck.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Wed Feb 04, 2015 5:52 pm

I recommend disenchanting any cards that you aren't / won't use, and then use that dust to craft more usable cards. Unless, of course, you're trying to collect all the cards.
There's also a limit to 2 of the same card per deck, so you can disenchant any extra cards.
= Guide to Hieratics =

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:55 pm

Are you talking about the card crafting thing?
I don't entirely get that, although I did win 30 dust once.

Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Phazed » Wed Feb 04, 2015 10:28 pm

Ok, so you can craft cards for X amount of dust. 40 for common (silver), 100 for rare (blue), 400 for epic (purple), and 1600 for legendary (gold). Just go to your collection and click on "crafting mode" to disenchant/craft cards. Your first disenchant will reward you 95 more dust.
Disenchanting is like trading cards into the store, for a severely lower price: a quarter of the craft value. Eventually, when you open enough packs + disenchant enough cards, you'll be able to start crafting the cards that you really need.
There's a visual clue for when you can craft a card in crafting mode. The card gets a light blue shade to it, only if you don't have any of the card. If you already have 1 of that certain card, you just see the card in full color. Any card that is grayed out can't be crafted because you don't have enough dust.
= Guide to Hieratics =

Coco
Rare Duelist

Post by Coco » Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:57 am

New expansion announced for next month: The Grand Tournament.

Loosely based on the grand tournament. As a Shaman main I'm already really excited by what we've seen so far, but for most classes I feel like the good stuff is still a long way from revealed

Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Master Lightflare » Wed Jul 29, 2015 2:21 am

I started playing hearthstone the day before the July 2015 banlist was announced because my friends kept on telling me to play and because I was bored of waiting for the new banlist. I already have a legenday (Iron Juggernaut, it's an ok card). Does anybody else here still play/have any advice for me? Right now, I'm maining a noob-like rush paladin.

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?

Maximus T
Rare Duelist

Post by Maximus T » Wed Jul 29, 2015 3:42 am

Field control is probably the most important thing. Basically, your fitst priority should be to clear their field as much as possible. This means classes like the Rogue, Druid, Mage have very powerful abilities, which allow them to take out monsters themselves. Much like YGO, health is a resource. I would advise against cards like "mind blast" which deal direct damage. When using cards that can deal damage, generally save these to deal with monsters, don't attack their hero unless you think you can win within the next turn. I main a Druid deck which focusses on fast mana gain and powerful monsters, and taunt. I need the taunt because I'm liable to take a lot of damage early game.
The Dragon of Grab Sky is unstoppable!

Zanrith

Post by Zanrith » Mon Sep 14, 2015 10:25 am

So I finally got into Hearthstone about 2 weeks ago when my friend generally showed me how to play on his phone a couple weeks ago, downloaded it 2 days ago and played through the tutorial and started playing vs people already, found out I should probably finish playing vs the bots on normal,haha.
Much more fun and casual than I thought it would be tbh
insert clever signature here