Warsong Commander

This section is for any other computer or video game that does not have its own section listed above.
crimson wolf
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Warsong Commander

Post by crimson wolf » Thu Oct 22, 2015 12:11 pm

Any thoughts on Warsong Commander nerf? I think it's great cause now ive got more wins than before when I had to face patron-warrior.
somebody wrote: Pain is temporary. It may last for a minute or an hour , or for a day or even a year. But eventually it will subside and something else will take its place. But if I quit however, it will last forever.

Rowwdy Yisb
Ghost Rare Duelist

Re: Warsong Commander

Post by Rowwdy Yisb » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:53 pm

Patron was annoying but now Warsong is useless so idk
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:Rowwdy's right

Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by Zanrith » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:43 pm

Warsong Commander wasn't the problem, Grim Patron wasn't even the problem, it was Frothing Berserker. If Blizzard just made it a 2/2 or 2/3 instead of a 2/4, the deck would still be strong with patron combos, but Berserker is where a lot of that damage comes from.

Patron was such a combo-intensive deck anyway that if you didn't win before they go off then you deserved to lose anyway. People were just crying too hard about it since they're bad and don't want their precious Thaurissan/Dr. Boom nerfed.
insert clever signature here

Avrora
Common Duelist

Post by Avrora » Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:58 pm

Patron was a combo-reliant deck, but could use multiple pieces of its combos to setup reliable tempo plays during the mid game. Combined with its early game removal it's rare for it to ever die during to early game. This made it frustrating to play against, and combined with its extremely potent lethal threat after turn 8, it was also slightly too strong in comparison to other decks.

While there are those that think that due to the nerf on Warsong Commander, that the card Grim Patron will be completely useless. Other players, including myself have been able to hit high ranks with tempo based Midrange Warrior decks, utilizing the Patron core's ability to stay alive and provide strong Midgame Tempo Swings.

Master Lightflare
Secret Rare Duelist

Post by Master Lightflare » Fri Oct 23, 2015 3:26 am

I also don't think that warsong was the problem and that frothing beserker is. Berserker is the card that lead to OTKs from out of nowhere with it reaching up to 20 attack in one turn sometimes and having charge. I am sad to see the deck die: it was cheap, took an immense amount of skill to pilot decently and is a deck that I was planning on building when I saved up enough dust. Now Eboladin is the deck to beat and is one of my most hated decks, along with every variant of hunter decks possible.

*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
ChaosDraGon00 wrote:
moonsaber wrote:Stop you are giving me a headache
You're giving me cancer so what's your point?