Caius (Archtype)

So you have some great ideas for cards or you've already created one already. Tell us about your card and show us a picture of the card if you have it.
agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Caius (Archtype)

Post by agentkuo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:49 pm

Effect Monsters:
:dark: Caius the Shadow Priestess :star: :star: :star:
Fiend/Effect
ATK 1400 / DEF 1000
"After you normal summon this card, you can normal summon 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster during your Main Phase this turn, in addition to your normal summon/set. (You can only gain this effect once per turn). This card can be treated as 2 tributes for the tribute summon of a DARK Fiend-Type monster.

:dark: Caius the Shadow Prophet :star: :star: :star:
Fiend/Effect
ATK 1400 / DEF 1000
"Once per turn, during either player's turn: If a monster is banished by a monster effect: you can reveal this card in your hand; Banish it, then add 1 "Caius" monster from your deck to your hand."

:dark: Caius the Shadow Wizard :star: :star: :star:
Fiend/Effect/Tuner
ATK 1400 / DEF 1000
"If this card is banished: You can special summon it during your Standby Phase. Once per turn: You can target 1 of your banished DARK FIend-Type Monsters except "Caius the Shadow Wizard"; add that target to your hand, then banish 1 DARK FIend-Type monster from your hand."

:dark: Caius the Shadow Sovereign :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Fiend/Effect
ATK 2400 / DEF 1000
"When this monster is tribute summoned: Special summon 1 of your Banished monsters."

Extra Deck
:dark: Caius the Ultimate Shadow Lord :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:
Synchro/Fiend/Effect
ATK 3400 / DEF 1000
"1 DARK Fiend-Type Tuner Monster and 1 or more DARK Fiend-Type Non-Tuner Monsters
When this card is Synchro summoned you can target a number of cards on the field equal to the number of Synchro Material Monsters used for this monsters summon; banish them and if you banished at least 1 monster, inflict 1000 damage to your opponent."

:dark: Caius the Supreme Shadow Queen :star2: :star2: :star2:
Xyz/Fiend/Effect
ATK 2400 / DEF 1000
"2 or more Level 3 DARK Fiend-Type Monsters
Once per turn, you can detach up to 3 Xyz Materials from this card, then apply the effect based on the number you detached:
•1: Inflict 1000 Damage to your opponent.
•2: Banish 1 Monster on the field.
•3: Special Summon 1 monster from either player's banished zone.
(Each effect can only be used once while this card is face-up on the field)."

Spells/Traps:
:trap: Call from the Shadows
Normal Trap
"Special Summon 1 of your banished "Caius" monsters and treat it as if you just normal summoned/tribute summoned it."

:trap: Vortex to the Shadow Realm
Continuous Trap
"As long as you control a "Caius" monster, any card that would be sent to the graveyard is banished instead."

:spell: Eyes in the Shadows
Quick-Play Spell
"Banish 1 DARK Fiend-Type monster from your hand, then add DARK Fiend-Type monsters from your deck to your hand with combined Levels equal to the banished monster."

:spell: Pot of Forgotten Souls
Normal Spell
"Shuffle 3 of your banished DARK Fiend-Type monsters into the deck, then draw 2 cards."

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Caius (Archtype)

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:09 pm

Only thing here I am questioning is the actual name of the monsters.
Caius is actually a proper name, no different than if you named someone Peter or Bob.
It's also a masculine name on top of that.

Everyone in support of Caius wouldn't also be named Caius, especially not a priestess.
I know you picked a naming convention for the sake of forming an archetype, but it's an odd choice.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

agentkuo
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by agentkuo » Sun Mar 22, 2015 9:37 pm

Well, here's what I'm thinking. all the monsters in the Shadows are one entity that takes many different forms. Essentially, they are all Caius, but Caius in different forms, some of those forms are masculine, some feminine.

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:25 am

Looking through again, you could essentially make all the cards target "Shadow" monsters instead of "Caius",
and they'd not only continue to work, but it would clear up the ability to give them different proper names.

Actually, now that I look, there are far too many real monsters that already use the word "Shadow" in it.

It's a weird situation, because I can see what you did and it works well in that "Caius" is so exclusive to the Monarch in YuGiOh,
but it also doesn't work as a name for every monster.
Perhaps the names could all be variant of "Caius", and it would still operate along the same lines as "roid" or "lswarm".

I know I'm being picky here, but it just feels like you gathered a group of people together all named "Chris" since it apparently works for male and females, lol.

Somewhere in a DARK Dimension, someone has said the phrase "It can be short for Caiustopher or Caiustine." :lol:
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Wallaceman105
Parallel Rare Duelist

Post by Wallaceman105 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:42 pm

MysticJhn wrote:Looking through again, you could essentially make all the cards target "Shadow" monsters instead of "Caius",
and they'd not only continue to work, but it would clear up the ability to give them different proper names.

Actually, now that I look, there are far too many real monsters that already use the word "Shadow" in it.

It's a weird situation, because I can see what you did and it works well in that "Caius" is so exclusive to the Monarch in YuGiOh,
but it also doesn't work as a name for every monster.
Perhaps the names could all be variant of "Caius", and it would still operate along the same lines as "roid" or "lswarm".

I know I'm being picky here, but it just feels like you gathered a group of people together all named "Chris" since it apparently works for male and females, lol.

Somewhere in a DARK Dimension, someone has said the phrase "It can be short for Caiustopher or Caiustine." :lol:
And this is why I go by my last name.....
but as for the archetype,
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
DFB3636 wrote:
Zanrith wrote:Make the extra deck great again, too many pendulums are entering our decks!
Just build a wall of floodgates.
And make the OCG pay for it!