The "Illumi" Archetype (Created by Yours Truly)

So you have some great ideas for cards or you've already created one already. Tell us about your card and show us a picture of the card if you have it.
Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist
Location: Indiana, I'm living in a hole somewhere with Atrax & her friends.

The "Illumi" Archetype (Created by Yours Truly)

Post by Raphaelsia » Sun Apr 09, 2017 1:40 pm

This is just something I do on my own time with a program on my computer. (NOT YCM)
Would appreciate some feedback or advice for improvements :)

Signature created by: Raphaelsia

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Re: The "Illumi" Archetype (Created by Yours Truly)

Post by xion52998 » Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:43 pm

The counter trap plus the second xyz seems really strong, a monster negate + a no cost recurring judgement + the plusses from the level 4 monster summon + the plusses from the detach is a bit too strong.

The field spell looks fantastic though, seems strong without going over the line while also being fun to play
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist

Post by Raphaelsia » Wed Apr 12, 2017 11:57 am

xion52998 wrote:
Sun Apr 09, 2017 4:43 pm
The counter trap plus the second xyz seems really strong, a monster negate + a no cost recurring judgement + the plusses from the level 4 monster summon + the plusses from the detach is a bit too strong.

The field spell looks fantastic though, seems strong without going over the line while also being fun to play
I actually meant to lower both the Xyz's Atk/Def some. (Especially the second one) The monster negate and other effects on the Xyz's I probably won't change, as that's kind of the theme for Xyz's being Anti-Meta while the main-deck is just spam from the hand/deck. Which btw, do you recommend anything for the Main-deck monsters refering to the detach effects? Should I put something heavier than only being able to use the detach effect once per turn.?

I could make a cost for the counter trap, or perhaps remove the counter icon to make it a normal trap so it loses Play Speed? Idk which way way is better.

xion52998
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by xion52998 » Wed Apr 12, 2017 1:36 pm

The detatch effects are perfectly fine.

As for the counter trap, either make it unsearchable or make give it a "You cannot activate monster effects the turn you activate the first effect" so you have to choose between the monster negate and the detatch plusses vs the judgement effect

And maybe make the first xyz be able to activate the second effect during either players turn, the r4 chronomaly has that effect too and is perfectly fine so it *should* be more balanced and give you a choice between the two xyzs because as it is now, the second xyz is much much better than the first

Also unrelated but a new Traptrix monster was revealed today
MysticJhn wrote:Pickles always like you, reguardless on how you feel about them.
If you have a ruling question, feel free to PM me.

Raphaelsia
Rare Duelist

Post by Raphaelsia » Thu Apr 13, 2017 1:11 pm

I think I'd actually like that option for the Counter Trap! :O
Being forced to choose between detaches and personal judgment sounds fair enough
I can also do that for the first Xyz^

And yes, I'm aware of the new Traptrix <3

YCG Admin
Site Admin

Post by YCG Admin » Fri Apr 14, 2017 10:34 pm

They're really pretty.