Gentlemen

So you have some great ideas for cards or you've already created one already. Tell us about your card and show us a picture of the card if you have it.
MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Gentlemen

Post by MysticJhn » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:01 am

Just an archetype I thought up recently.
The general premise is that the Gentlemen do not fight, but Summon other things to fight for them.
The artwork of the Gentlemen monsters would generally be Victorian style men, with monocles, canes, top hats, and similar fashion of the period.
All of the Gentlemen monsters will have the base effects that your opponent cannot attack them while face-up, but your opponent can still attack
directly if you do not control their Gentlebeasts (name not final), a sub-archetype of high ATK monsters
that I may or may not make all Normal Monsters.
This is a work in progress, so there are more cards to come.

Gentleman Dorian
EARTH
Level 4
Warrior/Effect
ATK/ 100
DEF/1500
While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target a "Gentleman" monster for an attack.
If you control only face-up "Gentleman" monsters, your opponent can attack you directly.
Once per turn you can Special Summon 1 "Gentlebeast" monster from your hand.
If this card is destroyed by your opponent (by battle or card effect), you can add 1 "Gentleman" monster from your Deck or GY to your hand.

Gentlebeast Grimwood
EARTH
Level 6
Plant
ATK/2600
DEF/1000
A monster of living wood, this creature fights without hesitation for its master.

Gentleman Thaddeus
FIRE
Level 2
Warrior/Tuner/Effect
ATK/ 0
DEF/ 1500
While this card is face-up on the field, your opponent cannot target a "Gentleman" monster for an attack.
If you control only face-up "Gentleman" monsters, your opponent can attack you directly.
If this card is used as a Synchro Material Monster for the Synchro Summon of a "Gentlebeast" monster, you can draw 1 card.
This effect of "Gentleman Thaddeus" can only be used once per turn.

Gentlebeast Flarewolf
FIRE
Level 6
Beast
ATK/2400
DEF/1000
A large wolf-like creature whose blood is pure magma.

Greater Gentlebeast Pegataur
LIGHT
Level 8
Beast/Synchro/Effect
ATK/2800
DEF/2000
1 "Gentleman" Tuner + 1 or more non-Tuner monsters
This card cannot be targeted or destroyed by card effects. You can banish this card from your GY to add
1 "Gentleman" monster from your Deck and 1 "Gentlebeast" monster from your GY to your hand.
This card gains effects based upon the Attribute of the non-Tuner monsters used for its Synchro Summon.
WATER: During your End Phase, gain 1000 LP.
FIRE: When this card destroys a monster by battle, your opponent takes 1000 damage.
EARTH: Once per turn during your Standby Phase, this monster gains 500 ATK.
WIND: If this card destroys a monster by battle, destroy 1 Spell or Trap your opponent controls.

Gentleman's Game
Continuous Spell
Neither Player may Special Summon more than once per turn.

A Fool's Parry
TRAP
If your opponent attacks directly while you control a face-up "Gentleman" monster, negate the attack
and destroy the attacking monster.

Gentleman Joshua
WATER
Level 3
ATK/ 100
DEF/ 1200
Warrior/Effect
Once per turn, if a monster(s) you control would be destroyed by a card effect, you can negate that effect.

Gentlebeast Gorgon
WATER
Level 6
Beast
ATK/2500
DEF/1000
This amphibious mammal finds its home in the ocean, but has no trouble coming ashore to turn its victims into broken stone.

Greater Gentlebeast Goliath
DARK
Link-4
Beast/Link/Effect
ATK/2700
Link Markers: Down, Down Left, Down Right, Right
4 "Gentleman" or "Gentlebeast" monsters
When a "Gentlebeast" monster is Special Summoned to a zone this card points to, you can destroy 1 card your opponent controls.
This card gains 500 ATK for each monster this card points to.
You can banish 1 monster this card points to; send 1 face-up monster your opponent controls to the GY.
When this card is destroyed and sent to the GY, Special Summon 1 of your banished "Gentleman" monsters.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Re: Gentlemen

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 1:08 am

I really like this but i would suggest that all the gentlebeast have attack of 2200 and up so they can run over most everything normal summonable

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sun Nov 11, 2018 8:01 pm

I guess I'm a bit old school with the ATK values, but I just don't believe things that are Level 6 should be much higher than 2500.
2000 for Flarewolf may be a bit low, though, since he has no effect and is still made to be material for Pegataur.
I'll up that.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:43 pm

I really like the link i was going to suggest that when a monster is special summoned to an arrow it send not destroyed but you got it in their with a better option

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Mon Nov 12, 2018 12:24 pm

I still need to add a WIND Gentleman/Gentlebeast monster pair to use with Pegataur.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 3:11 pm

So you have destruction protection how about targeting protection with the last gentleman? Like your openent can’t target “gentle” monsters you control with card or effets except this one

MysticJhn

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Nov 17, 2018 12:07 pm

I was thinking about that for the last one, or maybe adding a Field Spell that covers that base while giving the WIND Gentleman another effect.
Maybe a Field Spell that prevents Gentlemen being targeted by opponent's card effects while you control a Gentlebeast. Then power up all the Gentlebeast monsters so they can really run over everything. The ATK boost might just be a "win more" effect, but with the Gentlebeasts all being Normal Monsters, they could probably use it.

Rotkiv77
Rare Duelist

Post by Rotkiv77 » Sat Nov 17, 2018 2:01 pm

Yeah something ridicules like “all gentlebeast you control gain 1000 atk while you control a gentleman monster. Your openent can’t target your gentleman monsters with card or effects while you control a gentlebeast monster”