Photoshop

Members of the Sig Crafters Guild are proficient with photo editing and eager to help less skilled forum members get the cool sigs that they want.
ThatGuy
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Photoshop

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:19 pm

i just got photoshop recently from a friend and was wondering if anyone had any tips or advice or anything of the such. i'm gonna be trying to make a youtube background since im gonna try to start doing lets plays/walkthroughs soon

also something kinda specific i want to do is take the wings from something in one pic and add them to something else in another pic, anyone able to tell me how i would go about that or what to look up? :lol:

P.S. i am gonna look at tutorials and such on youtube too but i just wanted to see if anyone here had helpful advice
Signature Made by Me

MysticJhn
Super Special Awesome Duelist

Re: Photoshop

Post by MysticJhn » Sat Sep 24, 2011 2:48 pm

Well one tip to cutting things out nicely is to crop what you want, make the background a layer so it erases transparent, then give it a Stroke layer effect, 1 pixel.

Then just start erasing everything except the wings in this case.
The stroke helps to prevent you from missing anything.

Once you're done, remove the layer effect, magic selection tool, select the blank area, invert the selection.

Copy and paste where you want it.
To Discuss Moderatory Actions, Click Here!
If you need an avatar, check out the Avatar Encyclopedia!

ThatGuy
Ultimate Rare Duelist

Post by ThatGuy » Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:03 pm

finished making a background, think it looks alright for now. its nothing real special, but im happy with it for now till i learn photoshop better. and thanks mystic ill keep that in mind, i decided to put the idea i had with the wing on the side for awhile
Spoiler:
Signature Made by Me

Crow
Ultra Rare Duelist

Post by Crow » Sun Sep 25, 2011 6:55 am

Another way to do it is to use the pen tool. Outline what you want to crop out by clicking along the edges. If you have time, I'd suggest zooming in to 400-600% to make it more precise. Once you've outlined what you need, right click the image and click "make selection." leave "anti aliased" selected and make the feather radius 0-3. The feather radius will slightly blur the selection in order to make the edges look more smooth rather than pixelated. After that go to image and crop, or edit and copy/cut, then paste into the image you want. What you're doing is called rendering, if you wanted, you could find more in depth tutorials on google.