DDP

This particular forum was created for the many ongoing trivia and one-better games that have taken root. Enjoy!
User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

DDP

Post by JhonnyCees » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:59 pm

Welcome to The Daily Duel Puzzle!
Spoiler:
If you love puzzles, if you love yugioh, or if you love water, this is the place for you! I figure that should be a high percentage of the population...

Every two or so days, I will post a new duel puzzle on this thread, right in the *Current Puzzle* area. As soon as I see the puzzle is solved by someone, I will put it into the puzzle log and come up with a new one promptly. The person that solves the puzzle will get points, based on the difficulty of the puzzle. The puzzles will be ranked, by me, on a scale of 1 to 5 stars, 5 being most complex

For the actual puzzle itself, it will come in this for:

Cards at your disposal:
Cards on the field:
Objective:


If you find a way to satisfy the objective in the situation described, you have solved the puzzle!

I, to make things more tricky, will also be listing cards at your disposal that ARE NOT NECESSARY for solving the puzzle, just as in a real duel, you have cards that you don't need in order to win. Typically, the more cards I list that are not needed, the harder the puzzle becomes. To mediate this, every day that goes by I will highlight in RED a card that must be used in order to solve the puzzle, this should push you trying to solve it in the proper direction.

PARTIAL CREDIT WILL BE AWARDED if you make it to a certain point in the puzzle that is correct, and are the first one to post it, you will recieve partial credit! For example, if the goal is to summon Quasar, and you get to summoning Road Warrior and Junk Warrior, but get stuck there, you will recieve 2/3 of the points! The person who completes the puzzle will receive full credit however. Along with this example, if you go down the wrong path, and I will tell you if you do, you get no points! (If you say "to get out quasar, first summon Utopia, but I dont know where to go from there" - you get 0 points)

You can post more than once on a puzzle, until it is solved!

Anyone is welcome to play, anyone can post the answer at any time! Hopefully that way the game moves faster. I will be varying the time that I post the new puzzles to give everyone all over the globe a shot at winning.
Spoiler:
Scores
Phazed - 5

Other notes:

If you want to, feel free to come up with a duel puzzle of your own, send it to me in a PM, I will verify that it is correct, and then it will be posted! For this, you will receive points, but you will also, obviously, not be allowed to participate in the solving.

If you guys have any suggestions, let me know!
Spoiler:
-April Two-

:star: :star:
In hand:
2 x quickdraw synchron
Level eater
Quillbolt hedgehog
Tuningware
Rose, the warrior of revenge

Make quasar in one turn.[/quote]

-April Three-

:star: :star: :star:
Hand:
Junk Synchron
Junk Synchron
doppelwarrior
Synchron Explorer

Graveyard:
Quillbolt hedgehog
Formula Synchron
Spore
Plaguespreader zombie

Field:
Starlight road
fiendish chain
mirror force
Junk Berserker

Opponents side:
Fiendish Chain (attached to your junk berserker)

Opponent has no cards in hand or grave or removed from play
You have no cards removed from play

Cards remaining in your deck:
2 quickdraw synchron, 2 pot of duality

Cards remaining in your extra:

Shooting Quasar Dragon
Shooting Star Dragon
Road Warrior
Stardust Dragon
Drill Warrior
Cirus Blue Star Beast
Black Rose Dragon
Armory Arm
Star Eater


Opponents lifepoints: 8000

Goal: Win the duel this turn
Last edited by JhonnyCees on Sat Apr 05, 2014 9:40 pm, edited 11 times in total.
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
AcCelEration
Ultra Rare Duelist
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: California

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by AcCelEration » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:04 pm

im not good at this stuff D:

User avatar
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11043
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by Zanrith » Wed Apr 02, 2014 11:21 pm

How are you supposed to make quasar without telling us what extra deck cards we can utilize? Or are we assuming all of them?
insert clever signature here

User avatar
Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 4139
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by Phazed » Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:53 am

I'm assuming that we can use cards from our deck as well.

[spoiler]Discard Level Eater, SS QuickDraw #1
Discard Quillbolt, SS QuickDraw #2
Level Eat QuickDraw #1, SS Level Eater
Special Summon Quillbolt
Synch Quickdraw #2, Quillbolt and Level Eater for Road Warrior
Special Summon Unknown Synchron
Level Eat Road Warrior, SS Level Eater (now level 5)
Synch Level Eater and QuickDraw #1 for Junk Warrior
Level Eat Road Warrior, SS Level Eater (now level 6)
Synch Level Eater and Unknown Synchron for Formula Synchron
Level Eat Road Warrior, SS Level Eater (now level 5)
Synch Road Warrior, Junk Warrior, and Formula for Quasar.[/spoiler]
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Image
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by JhonnyCees » Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:40 am

Phazed wrote:I'm assuming that we can use cards from our deck as well.

[spoiler]Discard Level Eater, SS QuickDraw #1
Discard Quillbolt, SS QuickDraw #2
Level Eat QuickDraw #1, SS Level Eater
Special Summon Quillbolt
Synch Quickdraw #2, Quillbolt and Level Eater for Road Warrior
Special Summon Unknown Synchron
Level Eat Road Warrior, SS Level Eater (now level 5)
Synch Level Eater and QuickDraw #1 for Junk Warrior
Level Eat Road Warrior, SS Level Eater (now level 6)
Synch Level Eater and Unknown Synchron for Formula Synchron
Level Eat Road Warrior, SS Level Eater (now level 5)
Synch Road Warrior, Junk Warrior, and Formula for Quasar.[/spoiler]
Point for Phazed!
Stardust Dragon wrote:How are you supposed to make quasar without telling us what extra deck cards we can utilize? Or are we assuming all of them?
Good questions, I will make sure these things are incorporated from now on
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
Zanrith
Super Special Awesome Duelist
Posts: 11043
Joined: Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:37 pm
Contact:

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by Zanrith » Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:10 am

I could have done it if I knew that... ._.
insert clever signature here

User avatar
JunkMan
Super Rare Duelist
Posts: 128
Joined: Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:40 pm
Location: Right behind you.......In my 72' Dodge Challenger!

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by JunkMan » Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:50 pm

Is this a set players list or can anyone join?

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by JhonnyCees » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:04 pm

Stardust Dragon wrote:I could have done it if I knew that... ._.
Haha yeah probobly going to have to restart after the kinks are worked out, i figure a few more trial rounds
JunkMan wrote:Is this a set players list or can anyone join?
I make the puzzles, anyone with a YCG account can solve them at anytime
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
AcCelEration
Ultra Rare Duelist
Posts: 315
Joined: Mon Feb 24, 2014 11:03 pm
Location: California

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by AcCelEration » Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:37 pm

youre going to make the next puzzle this weekend right?

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by JhonnyCees » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:09 pm

I can't really have a steady schedule for this game, due to my life, but I am going to try to consistently post one about every 2 days, but that will be more at times, and less at times.

I think I will try and vary the times that I post them too, since not everyone can be online at the same time, and the puzzles wont be terribly complex... for now;)

Im about to post another one
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 4139
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by Phazed » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:22 pm

I don't think this is possible. There's not enough space on the field.
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Image
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: Minute To Win It!!

Post by JhonnyCees » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:34 pm

Phazed wrote:I don't think this is possible. There's not enough space on the field.
I have double checked and ran the solution in DN, this is in fact possible, it just means your method is wrong :P
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: DDP

Post by JhonnyCees » Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:33 pm

A hint has been revealed!
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

User avatar
Phazed
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 4139
Joined: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:54 pm

Re: DDP

Post by Phazed » Sat Apr 05, 2014 12:27 am

What is the point of Starlight if there's no Stardust
Rowwdy Yisb wrote:Lesson bloody learnt you slifer slacker.
Image
Signature created by Kamikon Wolf
= Guide to Mecha Phantom Beasts =
= Guide to Hieratics =

User avatar
JhonnyCees
Parallel Rare Duelist
Posts: 3059
Joined: Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Re: DDP

Post by JhonnyCees » Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:18 am

:oops: I think i edited it out by accident when I was retyping everything. Everything is now correct
sgtc1 wrote:YGO isn't an old house. It looks more like Chernobyl.

Post Reply