Duel Me

This particular forum was created for the many ongoing trivia and one-better games that have taken root. Enjoy!
HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Duel Me

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Wed Aug 02, 2017 10:45 pm

Life points set at 8000, I win the coin toss to go first, we draw...

Turn 1 - I summon Blockman in defense mode, and set two cards face down.

Your turn...

HDTwenty
Common Duelist

Re: Duel Me

Post by HDTwenty » Sat Aug 05, 2017 11:47 pm

TURN 2: I draw!

"Since you control a monster and I do not..." I Special Summon Cyber Dragon to the field in Defence Position, before setting 1 monster face-down.

With that, I Set 1 card, and end.

Your move...

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Sat Aug 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Turn 3 - Draw!

I activate Swords of Revealing Light!
And end my turn!

HDTwenty
Common Duelist

Post by HDTwenty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 3:34 am

*Having activated Swords of Revealing Light: Shocktopus is flipped into face-up Defence Position.*

"Such stall-tactics only delay your inevitable defeat... it's time to make this interesting."

TURN 4. DRAW!

I activate Graceful Charity - drawing 3 cards then sending 2 to the Graveyard.

Next, I activate my face-down card: MASK OF RESTRICT!

To end: I Set 1 more card.

The turn is yours... "Make it count."

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:01 pm

Turn 5 - I hope you're ready!

I Draw!

I activate one of my face down cards! Royal Decree! Your Mask is now powerless!
Now! I activate my Blockman's special ability bringing forth 3 Block Tokens!

With your mask rendered useless I can tribute my three tokens for the mighty SLIFER THE SKY DRAGON!
With two cards in my hand Slifer's attack is at 2000 --> Go! Thunder Force Attack Shoctopus!

*You smirk claiming Shocktopus will reduce Slifer's attack to zero, however Slifer's unique ability overrides any attack reduction! (Yes it does its on the wiki lol)

Good luck.

HDTwenty
Common Duelist

Post by HDTwenty » Tue Aug 15, 2017 10:18 am

"Slifer may be powerful, but the Gods aren't what they used to be..."

TURN 6. (Cursing at the defeat of Shocktopus) - I DRAW!

Thanks to Mask of Restrict being negated, monsters are once again able to be tributed... Hence, I sacrifice Cyber Dragon in order to Set 1 monster.

Next up, I activate Book of Taiyou - targeting my new monster and flipping it into Attack Position... EMERGE: Cyber-Tech Alligator! (Having been Flip-Summoned this way, it avoids the wrath of Slifer's devastating Second Mouth and keeps all of its ATK!). Cool, huh?

To complete this combo, I play Non-Spellcasting Area! Normal Monsters - such as my Alligator - are now unaffected by Spell Cards - such as you Swords; pretty nifty when you need to destroy a God Card in a hurry...

So without further ado, let battle commence!

Cyber-Tech Alligator attacks Slifer, bypassing your luminous defences to tear its divinity into shreds!!!!! (A frenzied clash of wings and claws erupt, followed by the squeal of a now forgotten God crashing to the floor...) *500 Damage*

I laugh, revelling at the sight of the battlefield, now consumed by smoke and rubble.

"Your God has fallen, your defences quashed, so what now?"

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:22 pm

You think it will be that easy to vanquish Slifer!?

My god may have disappeared, but due to my face down card - Interdimensional Matter Transporter! I have taken the full of your alligators attack to shelter my monster.

The smoke clears and my dragon returns to the field.

Turn 7 - LP 8000 to 5500 - I draw!

With a new card to my hand Slifer's attack becomes 3000! Enough to annihilate your Crocubot for 500 damage!

HDTwenty
Common Duelist

Post by HDTwenty » Wed Aug 16, 2017 10:02 am

*I seethe.* The salvation of Slifer was... unexpected, to say the least (especially when it was saved by what should have been a currently unplayable Trap Card! But, since said supposed Trap was once-upon-a-time featured as a Quick-Play Spell - technically, activating it in spite of Royal Decree is entirely legal... well played.)

"You may have defeated my Alligator, but this Duel is far from over!" I DRAW!

First, to replenish my field somewhat, I activate The Shallow Grave, allowing us both to Set 1 monster from our Graveyards. *It takes me a few moments to decide, but since you've only Blockman currently in the Grave - your choices are limited...*

With that, my turn concludes, and you are sent 1 move closer to defeat.

"Be scared."

HeartoftheCards1
Rare Duelist

Post by HeartoftheCards1 » Wed Aug 16, 2017 12:41 pm

Lmao I already forgot about my Decree. I commend your sportsmanship - but I won't go easy on you!

7500 to 5500

I draw! Bringing my nonsense-trap-overriding God to 4000 attack! I flip summon my reliable friend Blockman in defense and proceed to attack your facedown monster with my sky dragon!

HDTwenty
Common Duelist

Post by HDTwenty » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:57 am

:') All G. Now, back to business...

*Slifer's attack succeeds, flipping Morphing Jar face-up.* (But where'd he come from, you ask? Well, do you remember Graceful Charity? Yeah: that's where.)

Having been flipped, the effect of Morphing Jar is triggered: we both discard our entire hands, then draw 5 new cards. M.J is then sent to the Graveyard.

Your turn continues...