Yu-Gi-Oh! Store
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:39 am 
Ultra Rare Duelist

1. A new Pendulum zone has been created on the field, on the left and right of the monster & spell/trap zones
2. You can place Pendulum monsters will be placed there and are they are treated as spell cards when they are placed there and have spell effects
* Pendulum monsters have a "scale number" on the left and right of the card text
* When Pendulum monsters are sent from field to grave, they go to the extra deck face up
3. When you place the Pendulum monsters on the field with the different scales...
4. You can special summon from hand or from your extra deck Pendulum monsters with the levels in between!

E.g. As per the picture, if you have a pendulum monster with scale 1 on the left side and 8 on the right side, you can special summon pendulum monsters with levels 2 to 7 from your hand or extra deck
*So sorta like a minimum and maximum scale number

Image source: http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/36431842.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 1:48 am 
Secret Rare Duelist

I'm confused

thank you to stardust for the great sig and mystic for the avatar
DN name star07
PM for a duel

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:01 am 
Secret Rare Duelist

this sounds way to complicated

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:01 am 
Parallel Rare Duelist

are we still talking about yugioh?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:06 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

Location: Terminal, Free for All, QsNs 1v1, Intervention only of course
I'll wait for the anime to explain it to me ;)

Serpents and Mirrors - A Guide to Gishkis ~ Me Gusta - A Guide to Gustos
XYZ Dragon Cannon wrote:
XYZ 'Sherlock Holmes' Cannon right here ;)

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:08 am 
Ultra Rare Duelist

White Tiger Summoner
Earth/Spellcaster/3/1000/1700
1: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can activate this effect. Special Summon 1 Level 4 or lower Normal Monster from your hand.
2: While this card is in your Monster Card Zone, your monsters gain 100 ATK and DEF.

Masou Senshi Vandra
Wind/Warrior/5/2000/800
1: This card can attack your opponent directly.
2: If this card is sent from the field to the Graveyard: You can target 1 Dragon-Type/Spellcaster-Type/Warrior-Type Normal Monster in your Graveyard; add that monster to your hand.

Masou Seiryuu Iiselweapon
Light/Dragon/6/2300/1600
The effect of Masou Seiryuu Iiselweapon can only used once per turn.
1: When this card is Pendulum Summoned, you can target 1 card on the field. Return that card to its owner's hand

Chronomancy Magician
Dark/Spellcaster/3/1200/600 - Pendulum
Blue Scale 8 / Red Scale 8
Spell Effect: If you control no monsters you can activate this card. If your Pendulum Monster battles, your opponent cannot activate Trap Card until the end of the Damage Step. If your other Pendulum Zone does not have a "Magician" card or "Odd-Eyes" card, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4.
Monster Effect: While this card is in your Monster Card Zone, once per turn, cards in your Pendulum Zone cannot be destroyed by your opponent's card effects.

Astromancy Magician
Dark/Spellcaster/5/1200/2400 - Pendulum
Blue Scale 1 / Red Scale 1
Spell Effect: If your Pendulum Monster battles, your opponent cannot activate Spell Cards until the end of the damage step. If your other Pendulum Zone does not have a "Magician" card or "Odd-Eyes" card, this card's Pendulum Scale becomes 4.
Monster Effect: Once per turn, when 1 Pendulum Monster you control is returned to your hand by your opponent's card effect: You can Special Summon 1 monster with the same Level from your hand.

Effects with help from The Organization

http://blog.livedoor.jp/maxut/archives/36432118.html

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:21 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

This doesn't sound very YuGiOh at all...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:33 am 
Secret Rare Duelist

So they're like a mash-up of spells and monsters with their own zone? I'm still confused as to when there are 2 in the pendulum zones and how many monsters you summon. At least this isn't another type of card for the extra deck.

^^*Signature created by Kamikon Wolf*
*and thanks to MysticJhn for the avatar!*
dracostrike wrote:
If I smoked, I would smoke 3 JDs rolled up a day ^^

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:56 am 
Super Special Awesome Rare

Wow, this worked a lot different than anyone suspected.
Although I was partially right when I made my guess.
Nobody saw a new type of Zone on the field.

I think I understand it, though.
Each Pendulum Monster will have a left and right number, indicated on the left by the red arrow and on the right by the blue arrow.
If my left Pendulum Monster is a 3 and my right is a 6, I can Special Summon a Pendulum Monster that's Level 4 or 5.
They don't seem capable of being Normal Summoned, though.
When destroyed, they go face-up into the Extra Deck, and can be Special Summoned from there in the same fashion as they would from your hand.
If I understand this right, they all start in your Main Deck, but wind up in your Extra Deck.
You can't use cards to Special Summon them from your Graveyard, which I assume is Konami's method of balancing
their extreme ease of Special Summoning.

For anyone that doesn't understand, I think I can explain it easier...

My first turn I draw into a Pendulum Monster that has a left (red arrow) value of 2.
I place it in my left Pendulum Zone.
Later on I draw into a Pendulum Monster with a right value of 8.
I place it into my right Pendulum Zone.
Even later in the duel I have a Level 7 Pendulum Monster.
Because that is in between 2 and 8, I can now Pendulum Summon my Level 7 Pendulum Monster.
I can continue to Pendulum Summon as many Pendulum Monsters as I can as long as they are Levels 3, 4, 5, 6, or 7.
If ANY of them would go to the Grave, they are sent face-up to the Extra Deck, making them able to be re-Summoned again and again provided the conditions for a Pendulum Summon still exist.

Basically you need three Pendulum Monsters to be able to Summon one of them.
This effects your Deckbuilding tactics, because if you draw too many of the wrong levels, your hand could get clogged
with unplayable monsters, but if you don't draw the first two, you won't be able to use them either.
You need to keep them as interchangable as possible so you don't get stuck.

Want a laugh? Try Yu-Gi-Oh! Domino Days!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:16 am 
Parallel Rare Duelist

cardcar ds staples....this is too slow unless they add thunder sea horses to the theme or the monsters inheritly have tkr-kind of good effects

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:25 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

My question is how do you take them out? Can you attack them? MST? Or is there going to be a new
destruction card for them?

EDIT:

By that description it doesn't sound very hard to build around. if I want to use a lvl 5 pendulum monster
all I need is that lvl 5 and a lvl 4 and lvl 6. Deck done, no need to cover a huge range like 2-8.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:45 am 
Parallel Rare Duelist

imagine dn post-pendulum...

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:53 am 

Loki wrote:
My question is how do you take them out? Can you attack them? MST? Or is there going to be a new
destruction card for them?

EDIT:

By that description it doesn't sound very hard to build around. if I want to use a lvl 5 pendulum monster
all I need is that lvl 5 and a lvl 4 and lvl 6. Deck done, no need to cover a huge range like 2-8.

Depends, when they are in Pendulum Zones, MST would work since they are being treated as Spells.
When you actually Pendulum Summon, they are Monsters.

As for your Level 5, you have it wrong.
The Level of the monsters in your Pendulum Zones don't matter.
It's their Scale Number (the numbers under the red and blue arrows) that matter.
So to Summon a Level 5 Pendulum Monster, you need a Scale 4 and 6 Monster.
Your Scale 4 might be a Level 3 and your Scale 6 might be a Level 4, they don't match up.
That white Magician is a Level 5, but it's a Scale 1 (seemingly on either side).

As for covering a huge range like 2-8, that would be beneficial.
You could play a wider variety of Pendulum Monsters.
Having a 4 on the left and a 6 on the right restricts you to JUST Level 5 Pendulum monsters.
You might want to setup a combo that needs two different Level of Pendulum Monsters.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:08 am 
Ghost Rare Duelist

I was using 'lvl' in place of 'scale'. Apologies for the misunderstanding of the new terminology. But my point
still stands about deck building. Like every other deck/monster/card type not all of them are going to be good.
For example out of all the Sychro monsters lvl 6 might be the worst (maybe 7). so building a deck to focus on
that would be rather silly when going for 8s is just as easy and gets you better results. You don't even need
to touch the option for 6s as it would make the deck worse. Lots of decks also focus in on summoning their
'boss monster' or a few key cards and I can see that being the same with this:

"I want to summon [scale 4 monster], all I need is a 3 and a 5 for it. Done."

And the fact that they take up actual deck space will probably make a narrower sale range more viable
(depending on search-ability of them). Just because you can play different Evilswarms than Ophion on
your first turn, doesn't mean you should.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2014 4:52 am 

Well fundamentally you have to have at least 3 of them in your Main Deck to even Summon one of them.
At least that's my understanding.

You might want an extra PM as backup just in case you don't draw your one of your Scale 4 and 6 (supposing your Level 5 is the boss you're looking to Summon).
If your intended Scale monsters go to the Grave (such as from the hand, preventing them from going to your Extra Deck) or are banished in some manner,
then having a backup Scale monster would be a good idea.

Depending on the ease of getting your boss to your hand, you might want a second copy, so that's already 5 monsters just to Summon the one.

Now there won't be enough at first to do this, naturally, but I'd like to try making a full deck of just Pendulum Monsters.
For example, someone MSTs your right PM, you'd have the left hanging there on the field uselessly now.
However, that former right PM is now face-up in your Extra Deck.
You could place a new right monster to Pendulum Summon the one in your Extra Deck to the field.

All the same, this new mechanic is a far stetch different from past new mechanics and will require a lot of experimenting to see what's most effective.

This will kiind of be like having dual Deck Masters since they have seperate effects in the Pendulum Zone than they do on the field. :lol:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 212 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next